RAD Community Sacred 3 Preview

birne

divided into small segments
I still think it means its like Borderlands where the map is not one big world like sacred 2 but the same size just broken down into sections.

If this is the case I have OK with that.

It could be like that, but that's not really what I got from the previews.

also no henchman in coop.

It defaults to 3 henchmen in co-op, presumably with other players replacing them when you go online.

I thought the henchmen was only for those who dont get connected online, I dont think its the same with people who are connect.

I could be wrong as wrong as what they are doing to this series.

Cthulhu is suddenly reminded of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Fortuantely in SWTOR companions don't aggro anything on their own (which makes harvesting materials within the aggro range of a mob ok, as long as you can stand outside it & still be within range of the materials node).

Cthulhu doesn't foresee the need to be afraid of this; but it would be both a hindrance and (slight) amusement to see the AI starting fights with things that the player isn't currently interested in fighting (or doesn't want to fight).

Cthulhu seems to remember that being a problem in Sacred 2, actually...

Yeah, if we're going to be "required" to bring companions, we'll need some way to control them, even if it's basic controls such as aggression level (attack anything, attack my target, only attack if attacked first) & maximum distance (short, medium, far).

I thought the henchmen was only for those who dont get connected online, I dont think its the same with people who are connect.

I could be wrong as wrong as what they are doing to this series.

As with pretty much everything, we could do with more information, and it may not even be finalised yet in this regard...

I'm still new to the Sacred series myself, but I'm loving Sacred 2.

Thing of it is, without even knowing it existed I've been trying to find a game like it for a few years now.

I had a list of things that I wanted to see in the next RPG I bought that included:

Heavy emphasis on character development/customization with several available skills per character/class.

Lots of possible/potential builds for each class with branching/evolving skill trees.

Single player open world environment with the potential to completely ignore the main story if desired.

Lots of side quests.

Mountains of loot.

RPG based combat mechanics (combat like d&d and/or wow, unlike an elder scrolls game where it's more akin to an FPS with fireballs instead of bullets).

There were more things on the list, but ^those^ were the all important "must haves" for me.

When my looking around for stuff that may fit the bill turned up Too Human and Sacred 2 I picked up both games.

Tried out Too Human for about 5 minutes.

In contrast, I've only removed the Sacred 2 DVD from my 360 once or twice since I tossed it in the night I bought it.

Personally, from what I've read so far, I'm more interested in picking up the Sacred 1 bundle and the Sacred 2 bundle when I get myself a new PC than buying S3.

Just doesn't seem like anything that'd hold my attention for longer than an hour or two. :/

Besides, I want to play through the Sacred 2 expansion.

Not having it on 360 will give me the perfect excuse to repirchase this game on my new PC (when I finally break down and get it).

Edited by Killibot 5000

I'm still new to the Sacred series myself, but I'm loving Sacred 2.

Thing of it is, without even knowing it existed I've been trying to find a game like it for a few years now.

I had a list of things that I wanted to see in the next RPG I bought that included:

Heavy emphasis on character development/customization with several available skills per character/class.

Lots of possible/potential builds for each class with branching/evolving skill trees.

Single player open world environment with the potential to completely ignore the main story if desired.

Lots of side quests.

Mountains of loot.

RPG based combat mechanics (combat like d&d and/or wow, unlike an elder scrolls game where it's more akin to an FPS with fireballs instead of bullets).

There were more things on the list, but ^those^ were the all important "must haves" for me.

When my looking around for stuff that may fit the bill turned up Too Human and Sacred 2 I picked up both games.

In contrast, I've only removed the Sacred 2 DVD from my 360 once or twice since I tossed it in the night I bought it.

Personally, from what I've read so far, I'm more interested in picking up the Sacred 1 bundle and the Sacred 2 bundle when I get myself a new PC than buying S3.

Just doesn't seem like anything that'd hold my attention for longer than an hour or two. :/

Besides, I want to play through the Sacred 2 expansion.

Not having it on 360 will give me the perfect excuse to repirchase this game on my new PC (when I finally break down and get it).

*high fives*

another addict!

I remain, :thumbsup:

Lots of side quests.

Mountains of loot.

I really like this list, you put it in worlds very well.

I was never really that much into the quests myself, but, they were a huge draw for so many people that I ended up playing with tons on the servers.

This game had so much, still does.

I've never e'en heard of Too Human... this is supposed to be like Sacred franchise, arpg?

:)

gogo

Gogo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human

It's... different.

Very linear too, which is unfortunate because from a few articles I had read I believed it to be an open world rpg. >.<

Seemed kind of interesting when I grabbed it, but the combat system felt a little off to me and I found the lack of camera control frustrating. :/

I'll probably toss it back in eventually just to see how the plot unfolds, but other than that... meh.

My apologies for going off topic by the way.

Edited by Killibot 5000
  • 2 months later...

I've just read everything I can about this, and I am unhappy. I don't like any of the changes, sacred 1 + 2 were perfect and shouldn't have been changed so much. The 'only 2 skills to stop the player feeling overpowered' is the worst, have the people making this game never played an ARPG before? Its one player character against the entire world and mob after mob of enemies, the idea is that killing and farming mob after mob is fun fun fun.

I won't be buying it, the people that this game appeals to will be those who never played the first two, and they will buy it, think its great, and then start trolling that the first two games must have been crap.

• 4 months later...

After playing a lot of Dragon's Dogma, I've actually come to be fond of the idea of having party-members. Feels a bit like Dungeon Siege, one of my old favourites. So... Combining these elements... May just lead to the creation of one of my favourite RPG's ever! I have high hopes for this game again.