A little sad moment

So I'm hanging around the swamps for I dunno how many hours these past few days. Waiting, waiting, waiting for the swamp not to be dormant. Doing this, doing that in and around the swamps, but nothing...

Then Wygram came online and I spent a little time running around with him and getting involved in an event that never done before (the skritt comin' to steal stuff and then we blew up their cave). That was lots of fun and I tried my hand at giving as much protection as possible. Dunno if I succeeded, 'cause the next thing I know, Waygram was on the floor... but we managed to push on and complete the event!

Then, suddenly, the map chat reveals that the swamp meta event started!! I was so overjoyed I could barely get there fast enough! So a TON of players get involved and the Shadow Beheamoth finally spawns!! :BlobRed:

A real tough battle and people are dropping like flies all over, but I manage to stay alive and smash portals. Things are going well and I get more and more excited as we bring the monster's health down pixel by pixel.

About 20% life left and KABOOOM, my pc crashed... :cry::(:cry: I can only guess from overheating...

So while rebooting seconds feel like hours... when my pc is finally ready to go and the game is loaded I'm thinking that I might just see the end of the fight if I'm real lucky, but... alas.... I joined in the overflow server and there goes all hope out the window. :oooo:

I guess I should be grateful that my laptop actually still works, since it was a kinda nasty sound it made (like a loud "CLICK"), but just 10 more minutes - just 10 more and THEN crash. Please man... sheeesh...

So I guess I better go to some merchant and see if I can purchase a lawn chair and get all comfy next to the swamp until next time...

Make sure you are using the latest video drivers including betas. I know I was overheating until I loaded the newest drivers.

If does not take much to get one shotted when you are level 4. :drinks:

LMAO... glad to see we aren't the only ones that drag you around under-leveled Wygram. I'm hoping we can all get together Saturday Morning and hang out and maybe get that thar Boss Mob to spawn in the swamp. I have yet to see him. And about your crashing... yea all of us have from time to time. GW2 is kinda hard on a system :P, but oh so fun. You would be surprised how much better if you simply update Video drivers to the latest beta.

I have an ATI card and I updated drivers about a week ago but I regularly have to adjust gfx options when my frame rate drops. I had to turn basically everything right down when we fought this boss. I wish AMD would release a driver specifically suited for this game like NVIDIA did.

Here is a screen shot just to show the size of the boss! That's me there by the arrow:

fxw5x.jpg

no screenie =(

Do you use an auto updater? if you do, then you should physically go to the website and see if there is an available beta driver available. Just ask Ryan, he had issues until he looked for himself and there was actually a beta that he wasn't getting.

Just ask Ryan, he had issues until he looked for himself and there was actually a beta that he wasn't getting.

DANG! That boss is huge! And yup, make sure you physically go on your card's site and download the beta drivers if you can. I had weird blue pixels over everything for the longest time because the auto updater said I had the most recent ones.