People are really making money off of Diablo 3?

heh, I had always thought this was all hear say... but is this true? I was at the diablo 3 site now just reading some posts, and there was a yelling king of thing going on tween posters and one poster actually posted his income:

http://imageshack.us.../rmahpage1.png/

The guy's name is SpeedForce from this topic here on Diablo 3 forums:

http://us.battle.net...21203739?page=4

wow...I mean WOW

There's some mint sales on the list...is this for real?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Probably true.

Reminds me of D2 in its hayday. Some serious gamers, including myself, made a good deal of expendable cash selling loot on eBay.

Point infact, which is why Blizzard started the Auction House. Why give all the business to third parties? Keep the business in house. Much easier to control & moderate.

I remain, :bye:

As sad as it is, it probably is real :(

Actually, I wish I could be good enough too! lol, maybe I could have run this as a side time job! :lol:

I'm not sure which part of the link to the D3 forum I was meant to read, but a quick scan through some of those posts reminded me why I don't go there. Sheesh! There are some bad attitudes hanging around there spoiling for a flame!

Oh yeah big time regarding the attitudes. I can see the humor, but this breeds a whole kind of community that I don't find relaxing in my time online with my friends on forum. \

When I'm in FDM mode, it's fun when it's a positive experience, not a mocking or mean one, which I think is easier to do, but a part of the DARK SIDE

:starwars:

Probably true.

Reminds me of D2 in its hayday. Some serious gamers, including myself, made a good deal of expendable cash selling loot on eBay.

Point infact, which is why Blizzard started the Auction House. Why give all the business to third parties? Keep the business in house. Much easier to control & moderate.

I remain, :bye:

Wow! Eth, did you make serious bux? Like comparing to what this guy is? Actually, there could be probably more... one of my friends from work is gold runs in Inferno with Soft Core, and he says there is a gold sell industry for casual playing.

Just this whole idea of making money off a game like this astonishes me

:)

gogo

I now have a level 60+2 SC barbarian. If anyone wants to take a stab at selling in the real money AH, I am willing to do all I can to help level you. Just PM me for my battle tag.

I think the downside to the RMAH is players like me who buy low and sell low in the gold AH. Of course, I'm just barely into Act 2 Inferno so I'm not really getting the "sweet" items that people would actually pay much for.

• 2 years later...

I know this is very old post and shouldnt be taken to present but I couldnt keep myself.

Yes gogo,people used to make money from Diablo 2

There were multiple ways;
Buy cheaper,sell higher -> repeat (works in other games and real life too) * requires a lot of time and patience
Insta-wear magic find gear(~300%) with a macro(even Blizzard allowed it) = powerful drops
Drop a legendary item with godlike stats - requires pure luck

Blizzard made it possible to transfer money to PayPal which was a good thing.Now they removed everything related with money :D

Now Auction house is closed.Those who spent a lot money for the game are holding garbage in their hands because expansion's items spawn with much higher numbers.

• Like! 1

I know this is very old post and shouldnt be taken to present but I couldnt keep myself.

Yes gogo,people used to make money from Diablo 2

There were multiple ways;

Buy cheaper,sell higher -> repeat (works in other games and real life too) * requires a lot of time and patience

Insta-wear magic find gear(~300%) with a macro(even Blizzard allowed it) = powerful drops

Drop a legendary item with godlike stats - requires pure luck

Blizzard made it possible to transfer money to PayPal which was a good thing.Now they removed everything related with money :D

Now Auction house is closed.Those who spent a lot money for the game are holding garbage in their hands because expansion's items spawn with much higher numbers.

I saw items going for triple digit prices. People are stupid to spend real money on in game items. What's the point of playing an rpg if you already have the loot?

I saw items going for triple digit prices. People are stupid to spend real money on in game items. What's the point of playing an rpg if you already have the loot?

It is the otherwise,it allows the rich have highest quality of items effortlessly

edit: misunderstood the question

your question sounds like what is the point of living if you have a life filled with everything you desire.

A:Dominate over others ofc!

Edited by Ironwill

Even though the Auction House was shut down earlier this year...they still have found ways to make money. Before, it was flipping items.....And up til recently they were making money by accumulating dyes and potions for you to sell to get gold (I believe Blizzard now made them 1 gold to sell)....they even sell power-leveling services....where there is a will (and a market) there is always a way

• Like! 1

It is the otherwise,it allows the rich have highest quality of items effortlessly

edit: misunderstood the question

your question sounds like what is the point of living if you have a life filled with everything you desire.

A:Dominate over others ofc!

If the end game was PvP I might agree but that was not a functional part of Diablo 3 while the real money auction house was up.

But your analogy is squishy. My point was not that it's pointless to have everything. It was that the game is pointless when you're only playing it after having purchased all end game gear and playing at the highest difficulty level. The purpose of the game is the adventure. There's no adventure left when your character is above all content and you have all the gear in the game.

Point being you spend sixty dollars on the game then hundreds of dollars on ingame items and then the game becomes null and void. There's no reason to purchase the game to begin with. You haven't played any of it.

On the other hand I had no issue with the gold auction house besides the botting that allowed prices to reach billions driving trade far out of the reach of non cheaters.

So who are you dominating if you're not earning your rank but buying it from others? That's not impressive so there is no domination of others. Only lying to ones self.

Edited by Veracious

You can increase your paragon level after finishing the adventure.That causes an endless loop

People with best gear easily get noticed by others in parties eventually resulting with looking profile/stats.There is a site called diabloprogress which records all types of weapons,armors,rings,amulets etc. The site also displays your Eu&World rank for every stats.

"My character has the best DPS in EU bro..."
"My character has the highest Critical Damage on world statistics"

The last part was amusing,the world isn't about what you think,it is about how Blizzard made it and they allowed real money auction house.Rich becoming the strongest,no one really cares how they earned the rank.D3's best echoing fury was around 10000$
I was one of those types who disliked real money item purchase and having a good character but I dont care now.Honorable or not the outcome is the same

You can increase your paragon level after finishing the adventure.That causes an endless loop

People with best gear easily get noticed by others in parties eventually resulting with looking profile/stats.There is a site called diabloprogress which records all types of weapons,armors,rings,amulets etc. The site also displays your Eu&World rank for every stats.

"My character has the best DPS in EU bro..."

"My character has the highest Critical Damage on world statistics"

The last part was amusing,the world isn't about what you think,it is about how Blizzard made it and they allowed real money auction house.Rich becoming the strongest,no one really cares how they earned the rank.D3's best echoing fury was around 10000$

I was one of those types who disliked real money item purchase and having a good character but I dont care now.Honorable or not the outcome is the same

so they spend 10k and get their name on a website. That's some serious price/reward discrepancy.

and what exactly does it accomplish? you haven't played the game, experienced the story, found any of your own stuff, all the things that a game is worth buying for. so like I said you spend 60 on the game then untold dollars to buy what other people found and for what? nothing. so the outcome isn't the same. I have all the same gear and still have my money. and some derp has no play time, no accomplishment and no money.

Personally, I never understood real money transactions in video games. IMO if you buy something, you haven't earned it, so it means nothing. Due to the sheer volume of RMT chat spam you see gaming these days however, I know that many people must see it as legitimate.