Ascalonian Catacombs - 15 Sep 12

Fear not gogo, your time will come.

I will try to remember to record the dungeon run. Now that I can tether my 4G phone, uploads will go a lot faster (if only I could get it to work with C3 :sigh:).

Do we have a fifth yet? I will have one at my desk when we start this adventure and it might be finished before we are done - depending how hairy it gets. :drunkards:

Hopefully we will not need that kind of fifth ;).

If no one comes forward, we will just have to pick up someone on Saturday.

We managed to pull it off, barely. We picked up a volunteer to fill out our group, but he went AFK (unannounced) less than half way through, so we finished it one man short.

The difficulty seemed ridiculous. We finished it simply by continually respawning. I was afraid the repair costs were going to exceed the rewards (which were not all that great). I did however manage to make just a little bit of silver. Right now I am disillusioned and not sure I will be doing any more dungeons.

I have a vid that I will try to upload overnight.

I think it would have seemed more rewarding if we were level appropriate. Since the rewards were too low for us to use.

Think I spent a total of about 35s in repairs, the last repair after the last boss cost me over 6s.

As for picking up outsiders... yea NOT

I'm glad it's done. We were stuck a little with only 4 players trying to get past 2 rangers and 1 elementalist, but perhaps that's Anet's way of saying "this is not the way"... the mobs certainly seemed an impossible challenge at times. I don't mind that mobs and bosses have such a huge amount of hp, but I think for story mode, they should decrease the damage done a little. Felt like lemmings a lot of times and looking at the map, you just see this steady stream of blue dots (party members) running into battle from the closest waypoint. I've encountered a number of serious boss battles in PvE and most times I can take the heat with a number of shields to my disposal. When things get real tough, I have an invulnerable state I can go into to escape and recover, but in this dungeon, I felt a little to fragile.

All I know is, next time, skip as many mobs as possible since the drops were not special enough to go through the pain and frustration of killing them...

Wow, seems like you had a tough time, sorry for not being able to make it. If you want to make another run next weekend, I'm already 99% sure I will be able to make it. Too bad it didn't go that well with that volunteer/outsider.

Max

Tis ok Max, you always run the risk of flakiness when using a pug. Sometimes you get lucky and find a forever friend, but those are few and far between.

They really do an incredible amount of damage, its not fair that rangers can place their traps anywhere repeatedly, and I can only place one at a time with a cool down. And only my Mud can I choose where I want to place it ><. Also they were hitting me in one shot for 50% of my health, that is just insane. I h ad fun anyway.. its only a game, I care more about playing with my friends then I do dying.

This just in from ArenaNet:

We also reduced the rewards of completing story mode, once you have already completed it, because the rewards for story mode were never intended to be a high as they were.

Not sure what dungeons he was talking about, but it sure was not the one we did.

This just in from ArenaNet:

We also reduced the rewards of completing story mode, once you have already completed it, because the rewards for story mode were never intended to be a high as they were.

Not sure what dungeons he was talking about, but it sure was not the one we did.

OMG I did not get anything worth a darn on that first run, other than a big repair bill. (And the fun of playing with you guys.... :bounce: )

I have been trying to upload a video of the last two boss fights since Saturday. The video is longer than anything else I have ever uploaded. I can now tether my 4G phone to my PC, and its upload bandwidth is several times greater than my DSL. I thought that would be enough to make the difference, but it appears my ISP throttles my 4G when I try to use that much bandwidth. Last night I split the video in two. The first video is so large I am not sure I will be able to upload it via DSL. Here is the second video though.

Hehe yea Lujate, I was wondering if they would throttle you. I have no limit on mine at home, but they throttle the heck out of us towards the end of the month.

It is not really a surprise that they throttle me when I am trying to upload a 2.74GB video.

Wow! Now I understand why this run was a pain, especially with one man short. I guarantee this won't happen when I'll be there.

Max

Keep in mind that was one of the easier fights.

Wow! Now I understand why this run was a pain, especially with one man short. I guarantee this won't happen when I'll be there.

Max

Actually this one was easy, in the relative terms. Those darn Lovers were a real pain.... :Just_Cuz_21:

Max

Actually this one was easy, in the relative terms. Those darn Lovers were a real pain.... :Just_Cuz_21:

Particularly the male Mesmer. His illusions often went unnoticed until it was too late. One player should probably be tasked with killing all the illusions as they appear.

Nice vid Lujate! Those dang Area of Effect rings hurt if you can't get out in time!

Funny to see how my tactic suddenly changes from trying to CC at the start to mostly ranged at the end...

At least I got a few of my virtues off and was good to see in the vid what the range was. It sometimes felt like I was running all over to get close enough to you guys so the effects can apply to my team also. I'd just get close and someone would dodge roll further away :4rofl:

The Virtue of Courage applies a Aegis (passive block) on me every 40 seconds, but if I activate it, it applies to me and my team mates. I have an elite that would make me invulnerable for 3 seconds after which all virtues are recharged, so that's another free round of Aegis.

But it felt so useless in the dungeon - not like PvE where it saves my skin a ton of times.

Nice to see the other angle on this fight.

Max, these two have to be separated, because if they are together (you'll see hearts flying around when they are) then they just cause a world of pain. I was at the other end keeping one of them busy.