Ascalonian Catacombs (rematch) - 22 Sep 12

1. Ascalonian Catacombs, Story mode
  2. 22 Sep 12, 11am CDT
  3. Five level 30 characters

My brief period of lucidity has passed, and I am ready to throw myself at the AC again.

For the room where we have to get past the traps to flip the switch, if I can get LOS, I should be able to teleport across.

I have a missile shield while reviving people that seemed to work, so I will be bring a couple more shields.

I will also be doing a "clone factory" spec. My clones cause Bleeding on critical hits, as well as Crippling, Confusion and a random condition when killed. More importantly, Area of Effect's can only hit 5 targets. If I have 3 clones out, chances are pretty good one or more of them will take a bullet meant for one of us.

I will be using my Time Warp Elite more. I think it is no coincidence that both dungeons and your Elites are unlocked at level 30. For bosses though, I will be switching to Moa Morph. Yesterday, everyone was too busy kiting to stay alive to remain in the Time Warp circle. We will just see if the bosses can still one-shot us while in moa form.

Rooster:

1. Kiyeri
  2. Wygram
  3. Flooxim
  4. Zorbi
  5. Scleameth
  6. lujate*

* - standby slot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sersiously? :whistle:

Well I can't make any promises, but I'll certainly try - for now it's a 70% chance I'll make it. We know the route now and know what ammo to bring to the party. I'll have to get more accustomed to my new elite also, but I guess my game plan of "best offence is a good defence" will remain - with just a little more of staying clear of those Area of Effect rings.

Were you thinking story mode or explorable mode? :paladin:

I had time to think on it, and my common sense lost the internal argument. :Just_Cuz_21:

I still think trying to pull them if at all possible is preferable. We form our ranks and do not break rank until the enemy is upon us.

Unless you teach us to levitate ;), staying out of the Area of Effect circles is going to be a tall order.

Story mode again for two reasons:

1. Not everyone has cleared Story mode.
  2. Story mode punched us in the gut and then monkey stumped our prostrate body. I do not think we are ready for Explorable.

Ill be there with bells on =)

Won't the bad guys hear you coming? :twitch:

I am not sure my soul is over the kicking we took the last time. Having said that my Ele is currently roaming the "Plains", so I should be in the area.

If I am needed I will come and get slap around again (usually I only enjoy getting slapped around by the wife - lord don't tell her I said something like that :blush: ), however if we have some newer personnel who wish to get pounded I will step aside.

But I am ready to sacrifice my body again.

I am not sure my soul is over the kicking we took the last time. Having said that my Ele is currently roaming the "Plains", so I should be in the area.

If I am needed I will come and get slap around again (usually I only enjoy getting slapped around by the wife - lord don't tell her I said something like that :blush: ), however if we have some newer personnel who wish to get pounded I will step aside.

That is about my opinion on this as well. But right now FDM only has 5 players that I know of high enough to run the dungeon. For that reason, I will be there.

I think I found an easy (and maybe significant) way to boost our firepower. I wanted to know if someone knows if the Sigils of Bloodlust reset when entering a dungeon. If not, Sigil of Bloodlust can give us 25 stacks of 5-7 power for each of our characters. All we have to do is kill 25 enemies before entering the dungeon and voila! Small boost of firepower.

Max

That is about my opinion on this as well. But right now FDM only has 5 players that I know of high enough to run the dungeon. For that reason, I will be there.

Roger that Leader, Wygram's Death Fangs Bane is ready to rock again. :guns:

Edited by Wygram

I must be misinterpreting that article.

I’m thinking that GW2 will offer more of a “stand your ground” approach to fighting, even if you’re relatively squishy.

:twitch: Seriously?

I must be misinterpreting that article.

I’m thinking that GW2 will offer more of a “stand your ground” approach to fighting, even if you’re relatively squishy.

:twitch: Seriously?

Stand your ground and die, at least that is my findings so far for my Ele. Maybe my Eng and stand better but she is not leveled up enough to try. Maybe by "return to Ascalonian Catacombs part IV". :ninja:

I think I found an easy (and maybe significant) way to boost our firepower. I wanted to know if someone knows if the Sigils of Bloodlust reset when entering a dungeon. If not, Sigil of Bloodlust can give us 25 stacks of 5-7 power for each of our characters. All we have to do is kill 25 enemies before entering the dungeon and voila! Small boost of firepower.

Max

Are you in Max?

Yes count me in! :BlobRed:

AFAIK, Guesting is not operational yet. You would have to server transfer, at least long enough for the dungeon run. Are you OK with that?

Didn't you just transfer to Ghandara to be with Nimu? Think I read somewhere that you have to wait 7 days before transferring again. But of course I could be wrong. And unfortunately guesting isn't available yet ; ;

With this post, I confirm that you will be able to count me in for this event.

Max

Thank heavens. Between you and Kiy you keep me laughing even while getting my tail kicked. :thumbsup:

AFAIK, Guesting is not operational yet. You would have to server transfer, at least long enough for the dungeon run. Are you OK with that?

Yesterday I had to change server to do jumping puzzle with a friend. Overall I have changed servers between Vabbi and Gandara 4 times and they've all been free. If it's free on Saturday I'll join you.

Edited by Zorbi

Yesterday I had to change server to do jumping puzzle with a friend. Overall I have changed servers between Vabbi and Gandara 4 times and they've all been free. If it's free on Saturday I'll join you.

LOL Zorbie server hopping are we

What are we bringing to the Party?

You now have more dungeon-experience than I do, but I'd say both in-game and real-life food/drinks, stackable sigils, humor, and I can't think of anything else right now.

Max

If you have access to the Official GW2 Strategy Guide by Brady Games, I suggest you read pages 494-949 on dungeons. It is extremely insightful. Personally, I have tried to gear accordingly, we will see how it goes.