Magic Find

These past two days, I got a sword with better damage, armor pieces with better protection and a ring with better stats. But by equiping these new items I sacrificed about 5% magic find and I know it does not sound like such a big deal, but definitely notice the change in drop quality. I was rather used to a lot of greens dropping and about a yellow every 2 hrs. But since yesterday I've not had any yellow drop and I've found 2 chests that only produced blue items.

It could be that my luck just took a bad turn for a day or so, but I'm interested to know what you guys think?

I'm thinking that I'd need at least 4% magic find to settle my brain down... because I'm soloing most of the time, I don't want to drop my defence and power too much. I still think that I'd have to put together a set of magic find armor sooner or later.

there's always Omnom bars and Peach Tarts

I never saw anyplace where Anet said they were decreasing the quality of drops, BUT... what I did read was that they were changing drops so there was not such a gluttony of items on the Trading Post. Could this be what has befallen you?

I never saw anyplace where Anet said they were decreasing the quality of drops, BUT... what I did read was that they were changing drops so there was not such a gluttony of items on the Trading Post. Could this be what has befallen you?

I can confirm on the drops change. The magic find I have on my character shouldn't be significant enough, but there's been a night where I was a bit under-leveled and I got ~10 green items in 45 minutes. This never happened again. I'm level 46 at the moment, and I found 2 yellow items since level 40.

Magic might help a bit in dungeons since basic enemies are way tougher than in regular areas.

Max

Thanks guys, yeah I think perhaps I have more of Anet to blame than my drop in magic find... I noticed yesterday that even with my added 4% magic find, my drops are still white and blue mostly. But the few greens I got were actually usable where a lot of greens a few days ago were not nice at all.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other - not much to add then.

• 7 months later...

This hint about a possible change to MF was made on the official forums:

Some fun ideas in here, were also actively discussing ways on how wed best like to alleviate having to make players choose between having better stats, or using magic find. Its not a choice thats great for game play and there isnt really anything that fun about it, even more so when group composition is taken into account. Ideally wed also like to keep the ability to slowly build your magic find over time, but doing this at the cost of using better stats isnt the right way to do that.

No ETA on any changes here, just want to point out we agree there is an issue here that goes against what we want Gw2 to be, and is something we want to address.

from: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Magic-Find-What-I-don-t-like