Guild Wars 2 - leveling from 0 - 40 tips

lol no tips from me, but I'm looking for tips from you guys. With Iphone 5 craziness and us being asked (forced!) to work overtime, I was completely exhausted for last few weeks, and could only bear to watch Top Chef reruns before falling asleep then running off to work. I was finding my own personal story difficult to complete and was dying which was disheartening. I'm looking for some exciting way to level up my toon from the 19 it's currently at, is there tips or ways I can do this with clan?

What are the five things I should auto complete everytime I log in perhaps, just to get experience and levels?

Those Manor raids sound awesome

:viking:

gogo

Get your Daily Achievement every day (it resets at 8pm EDT)

Never pass up events

Complete hearts

Explore (get way points & points of interest)

Take up a craft (other than Chef) and craft the mats you find

Edit:

Some of the personal story quests are incredibly hard. I had one that I entered fully repaired. I died over and over until I was naked. I left the instance, repaired and went back in. Sometimes you just need some backup.

I totally agree on all points with Lujate. and bring friends to help you with your personal stories. Not only does partying with a friend/or friends make everything more fun, you actually get to finish most things on teh first try.

Just to add to the hearts - they lead you around most of the time into events. So complete the event first and then return with what you were doing with the heart. Stick around after events, since many of them continue on with a new event. If there is a "group boss" around, go check it out and don't shy away because you think you might be too low level - lots of times there are people around engaging the boss already and they always help to res if you're downed. Or even use map chat to ask if anyone wants to help with the boss. I fought numerous bosses either by asking for help or reacting to other people asking for help.

It might be worth your while to complete one or two maps 100% early on and you get a good reward. If it was not for the transmutation stones I got from these completions, I dunno what kind of weird combo armor I'd be wearing now!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

What is the daily achievement though, is it comprised of multiple activities?

:)

gogo

Thanks everyone for the tips!

What is the daily achievement though, is it comprised of multiple activities?

gogo

You need to kill 60 enemies, 15 types of enemies, gather from 20 ressource nodes and complete 5 events.

Max

You need to kill 60 enemies, 15 types of enemies, gather from 20 ressource nodes and complete 5 events.

Max

Ahh, fun, non-whelming metrics... sweet, and easy to 'segue" into after a horrible day of iphone

Thanks Max!

Is there a meter I can access that shows me how far I am progressing?

gogo

Yes, when you gather or kill, it will pop up on the bottom right, but you can also access via your hero screen ("H") on the left there are a few tabs (2nd from bottom IIRC). there are all kinds of achievements that you can view there.

Yes, when you gather or kill, it will pop up on the bottom right, but you can also access via your hero screen ("H") on the left there are a few tabs (2nd from bottom IIRC). there are all kinds of achievements that you can view there.

Sweet!

I just showed Schot the list that Max posted, he's like "aahhhh" ... for him, as his back can get in the way of a lot of extended computer work, the dailies are great for small, funs, easy to do and satisfying, which of course can lead to bigger events with the clan!

gogo

Oh, just one more thing to add... My personal story lead me into territory waaay of the beaten path at around level 40-ish if I remember correctly. Well as a result, I thought to myself that I'd get there when I get there, because I had to tread some dangerous paths in order to reach it.

What I'm basically trying to say here is: by all means ask for assistance if you're at the correct level for your personal story. If you let your level surpass the required level for the personal story, the rewards you get might not be anything special, but if you do it at the required level the rewards are actually useful.

Personally I found that playing the game at any level on any map is just as enjoyable, if not more (looking at Orr), than playing high level zones. I mean I'm not in it for the xp anymore...

Yea Guild Wars really has never been about the experience. It is to start out, but it quickly becomes less important. I'd like to add that you shouldn't let non-completion of a map stop you from going to the next higher map level either. I hit level 80 long before I had completed ANY maps. That way when I go back to play with all of you, I still have things in that area that need doing and I'm not merely tagging along behind. Pf course there is always gathering that needs to be done too :)

WvW can be incredibly productive. A good zerg will move around the map like a swarm of locusts. It is temporary though, since zergs inevitably fall apart due to:

1. Going different directions because of no clearly defined leader.

2. Encountering a more powerful zerg and getting massacred.

3. Conquering the entire map and no longer having any motivation to stay together.