Back Playing Sacred again

I recently decided that I really missed playing Sacred 2 and decided to reinstall and start playing again. So I dug out my Sacred 2 Gold discs and reinstalled, then spent 7 hours trying to get the bloody Securom to accept that I really do have valid game keys. Eventually after a lot of frustration, swearing and managing not to break thing in temper, I managed to get the game working. Yes! I loaded up the game, sat staring at the character creation screen and thought "Which class do I want to play?".

After about 10 minutes I realised I couldn't really be bothered enough to want to play any Sacred 2 class. So I uninstalled the game again, installed Sacred Underworld instead and have been having a ball playing all my old favourites, Dwarf, Vampiress, Daemoness, etc. Now if I can just get Veteran Mode to work with Win7 64bit I will be a truely happy man!

Hmmm... seems that Tunngle has Sacred Underworld servers still rockin'

Podgie, (or anyone) interested in playing together?

Reply here, PM me and we can hopefully agree on a time to play!

:BlobRed:

ha, cool seeing this :lol: Good ole game, just won't stay down!

I don't know if I have the old game anywhere actually, and does it work with win 7?

:)

gogo

I played it all the way through quite a few times with the game installed on Win 7 32 bit.. Dunno about the 64 bit edition.

Yes, I am playing it on Win7 64bit without any problems except for trying to get the Vetmod to work. It is great playing all my old favourites, character I sorely missed in Falling Angel. Especialy my crusty little Dwarf, I loved that grumpy little so-and-so and fondly remember him slowly beating dragons to death with real unarmed combat(I didn't equip even combat gauntlets) and almost cried when the lag monster killed him back on the old Hardcore servers.

And Gogo, I am ashamed of you;

I don't know if I have the old game anywhere actually, and does it work with win 7?[unquote]

How could you ever lose such a landmark game?

No cookies for a month you naughty person you!

Edited by podgie_bear

Hello,

I read that you play sacred underworld. I have got something for you;))

Sacred FIREandICE is my Projekt for Sacred Underworld.

It is an Online game and we stand short for the release.

I know the page is in German but I will soon bring an Enlish translation for it.

In the game you Play as FIRE or ICE (that are Guilds, the fire guild deify the Fire dragons and the ice guild deify the Ice Dragons) in the game you must fight to capture specific terretories. When one Guild have captured all terretories the boss fight will start.

The game is on the same map and engine like Sacred Underworld. You can also play the old campain but there are a lot of new quests.

If sombody has intresst on it:

www.homepage-coburg.de

Sorry for my bad enlish.

The webside will soon get into English.

Had a little visit there, Valentin, and it looks very nice!

Google translator gave me a couple of giggles but I understand the concept well enough. Even got new classes, that would be fun to try in itself!

Good luck with finishing your project, and we'll look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you;DD

We will be Finish very soon so we work for 2 years on it:DD

Now the graphic is HD and it looks very nice.

but we need people who will play in the closed beta is sombody intrest:)

The game always works in english but the side isnt english but I work on it;DD

Ok, I will give it a try I suppose!

I am not very experienced with Sacred Underworld, I actually just reinstalled it and started playing around with it again.

So I would need access in your website if I want to dowload the mod, can you PM me details how to do that?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Podgie! I'm back playing again, and totally hooked. Still only in silver, with a seraphim at level 55, who keeps whining her physical armour isn't good enough, but loving the game all over again. I do think Sacred 2 was an improvement over the first one, but there is a certain addictiveness to just running around clonking Orcs in an effort to find that elusive better armour. Or just clonking Orcs because that's what heroes do, right?

• Like! 1

Now you guys made me wanna go and just get a shards building going. Never did one, but always liked the way the physics in the original shards looked better than in Sacred 2.

:)

gogo

C'mon Gogo... dooooooooooooooooooo it!

My Demoness is now level 65, almost finished the Gold Ancarian campaign. I skipped UW in Silver, and proably gold, too... and worry about hitting up the expansion for Platinum (to gain levels), and, of course, the Niobium "full-run" - every quest, side-boss, etc.

Silly question - is it supposed to be impossible to find gear (aside from uniques) that boost the Demoness' combat arts? I cannot recall seeing one item with a demon-CA yet. :mafia:

I seem to be spending a lot of my time wandering around trying to find replacement items. I think Bargaining in Sacred 2 has spoiled me - you can generally simply buy decent equipment to tide you over between unique/set drops there. In S1, I have trading now, but its way below my level and not really having much effect. Maybe I need to try to up my MF?

Podgie - Elite was one of my favourite games back in the 80s. I wasn't particularly good though - I made one docking run on manual, landed, sold cargo and bought a docking computer...

Aaah Docking! The bane of my Elite life. The relief when I got that docking computer. I think I crashed enough ships while trying to dock to form my own asteroid belts around a number of systems. I never was a great pilot.

As for trading in Sacred, pump up that Trading skill and camp at Bravemart. Oh the happy hours I spent hunting for those special items, running between the vendors. The happy cackle as I found that weapon/armour/ring I wanted with +:) on it! Think I had almost as much fun shopping as fighting (how sad does that make me!).

I love me my (Sacred 2) Bargaining skill... but Trading not so much. The times I tried Trading, I never 'borked' it (by getting it signifigantly over my clvl) and it seemed like it was eating more time trying to up my Trading than just getting a decent adventuring suit put together.

Hmmm, wonder where I can find some +:) for my Demoness... she seems quite sour most of the time ;)

Now the graphic is HD and it looks very nice.

Interesting.

It's the one thing that holds me back from reinstalling Sacred Underworld. It looks like rubbish on my 27" monitor. :(

I've remembered one of the things I didn't like about S1 - the undead. The multi-kill skeletons (I don't use potions of undead death, so that's my own fault really), the Devils of the Sand with their knockback/stun combo, the liches with their long range poison damage thing, the skeleton mages with their flame strike and multi-kill (at least they got rid of the instant death bug we had at one point). Ugh! I really hate undead! I think it's why the swamp is my least liked region of Sacred 2 as well.

Nah, I'm doing okay with Rotating Blades of Light and Celestial Light. Only problem is the Devils of the Sand keep knocking me out of my Celestial Light, so I have to run back in to it, listening to girly screams as I go. I can't believe I'm still going - I thought it'd be a couple of nights until I got bored with it, but I'm loving this almost like a new game. That might be that I gained a lot of experience on Sacred 2 that I'm now applying retrospectively, so to speak. And at character level 66, trading is starting to pay off...

I felt that Trading was well worth the skill slot in Sacred. In the sequel, I am disappointed at how lackluster rings and amulets are in comparison to S1. For that reason, I can only recommend Bargaining for one character.

Nah, I'm doing okay with Rotating Blades of Light and Celestial Light. Only problem is the Devils of the Sand keep knocking me out of my Celestial Light, so I have to run back in to it, listening to girly screams as I go. I can't believe I'm still going - I thought it'd be a couple of nights until I got bored with it, but I'm loving this almost like a new game. That might be that I gained a lot of experience on Sacred 2 that I'm now applying retrospectively, so to speak. And at character level 66, trading is starting to pay off...

I think for me the reason is that although Sacred 2 was a 'prettier' game, the original Sacred was a 'better' game. Not technically perhaps, but more attention was paid to immersive gameplay, characterisation and the skill trees allowed for a wider range of different ways to play your characters. It also was constructed ina less polished way than Sacred 2, but which appealed to the heroes in us at a more visceral level. Sort of engaging our emotions more than our intellects and therefore having that addictiveness that Sacred 2 didn't have, at least for me.