For years now I have wanted to reclaim an old pair of sneakers I was running with in middle school and into high school. Two pair to be exact. Last night I caught this bug that would not let go. After some searching around I finally found a glimmer of hope.

ShoesRetro.com

First up is 'THE' pair I had in middle school and at one point in my life where a very big deal to have this set on ones feet. Talk on the court and off the court in many circles, many school hallways.

Jordans-6-10-096.jpg

This set was the pair to have...Michael Jordan model # 6-10-096

In high school the game changed somewhat. Another sport and athlete was ontop in the game of baseball. Ken Griffey Jr. to be exact.

Jordan-Griffey-042.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr. model # Griffey - 042

Again, in high school this was 'THE' pair to have. And much like in middle school, was a very big deal.

Looking back and remembering all the pier pressure is a mute point today. However, I remember these two pair of sneakers like it was all yesterday. Very comfortable and reliable. Very expensive back in the day, off memory $100-$175. Alot of money then for a young teenager paying their own way.

From the site listed above, they say these sneakers are all deadstock. Meaning, somewhere in China there is a massive warehouse full of unsold yesteryear sneakers. Searching last night from the prices I saw online. People want anywhere from $170-$290 for a pair of these retro sneakers. That is capital insanity.

Retro. Nostalgia. At an affordable price.

I remain, :woot:

• Like! 1

Great shoe write-up!

You know, shoes have been kind of a secret weakness for me lately. They're something I like to get, but kind of lay back on because of my held-back addiction for them. Just these last two days on my long weekend, I've checking out all the Winners stores for brand name shoes at good prices. It's fun reading about the shoes that were top grade at different times, and that last one you got shown here... Looks like it's got bubble-wrap armor on it!

::thumbsup:

gogo

Love me some yesteryear sneakers. Cannot wait to reclaim my youth via these 2 pair of shoes.

Just got a confirmation email from the supplier. Both pair are on their way via cargo plane from a deadstock warehouse.

Purchased both pair, including shipping & handling fee for just over $100. Considering there is NO new production. A very long plane ride over the Pacific Ocean. Within 6-9 business days delivered via FedEX to my front door.

A very fair price considering all of the above.

I remain, :woot:

P.S.~ "and that last one you got shown here... Looks like it's got bubble-wrap armor on it!"

I love the 90's era innovation found in the shoe industry. The 'visionary vanguards' really pushed the envelope, opening up new possibilites. In fact, the two pictures above are a prime example. The first pair of Jordan's are early 90's. The Griffey's are mid 90's. In just a few years we can see the developers pushing into new territory. Twisting & Bending the industry standards.

Love me some yesteryear sneakers!

38 (thirty eight) years the same sport shoes - Adidas Universal (white) or Adidas Samba (black)

adidas-universal-white_.jpg

First school mayor allowed only bright shoe soles in sport hall. So first time it was a compromise of being 'hip' and usefulness. Shoe sole had this nice turning circles front and dual direction grip pieces back. Nice for hand ball, soccer, ....sports where you need movement in ankles. Later I got used to them and nowadays it is same model but you can customize colours via internet. So I went for all colours light brown ones one year back.

Wife has 4 pairs in white for hospital duty (running a lot), kids have them in all different colours.

Probably a countries preferred sport has a lot to do wit hwhat shoes are in. Basketball needs more this half height ones, but noone is playing this at countryside here, so kids don't have them alot.

• Like! 1

The two pair came in just on time. They are everything I had expected. The Jordan and Griffey's are an identical match from memory.

Very happy with ShoesRetro.com

The sight had made a couple of promises and came through without a hitch.

I cannot vouch for any of their other products. The shoes are solid buy from where I am sitting.

Happy Hunting.

I remain, :dance:

u got me excited about scouting out some new shoes again. I've become quite the fan of Winners' method. they have boxed areas defined by sizes with shoes all put out on them that come in every day. I try to make a weekly trip to see if they have something nice from Reebok, my current love, a quick peek and in and out, and it's possible to snag goodies this way.

Slip on the shoes, snap a pick, show us those toes!

:)

gogo

Slip on the shoes, snap a pick, show us those toes!

:)

gogo

At your request I will try and figure out how to upload pictures.

Give me a few. The pictures should be up sometime today or tomorrow. We have family coming over for Thanksgiving.

I remain, :superman:

Edited by Etherian
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Shame the site dosent have Dynamic Flight Huaraches. They are the best shoes I have ever worn. I soooooo wish Nike would bring these back. I dont know where I put my old worn out pair....I hope they didnt get thrown out.

f4da0e12_SAM_1081.jpeg

dude, these are awesome!

lol, zomgod, just realized...have I started collecting me old runners cuz they're neat?

imelda hath risen!

imelda+marcos+shoe+collection.jpg

:oooo:

gogo

• 11 months later...

Had to post this: I bought a pair of Adidas Goodyear last summer for soccer training with kids.

adidas-originals-goodyear-street-freizei

There was no warning, no sign that there was a hidden danger, but 3 days ago they turned out to be the ultimate evil. Our youngest screamed there is a beast at the door. Okay it had happened befor that there was a badger or a weasel who found its way in, we live in a forest at least.

But there was no beast. She said but there was one and so I took a dog in hope he could smell something. Nothing.

Yesterday evening our 14 year old said that she probably found the monster. At a certain angle of the door the outside lamp illuminated the back of the shoes and is the Adidas logo looks like an animal head.

post-4779-0-58092800-1386066890_thumb.jpg

post-4779-0-20607600-1386066910_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1