Aegis' gallery went poof so he starts a new one...

Aegis

Love the new pic. Those tentatcles on the back remind me of those found on that really weird underdark beast... displacer!

Aegis, in your title here, are you meaning that the thread you had here at FDM is gone?

:o

gogo

Thanks. :) I was asked to draw this and I had no idea for a long while what to do about those tentacles.

And, yes, the original thread is indeed gone. Probably because it got spammed to death and somehow in removing said spam, the whole thing went with it. No loss, just start all over. :)

Still not nice to get a spam overflow...

Well, all good tidings to the new thread, Aegis, and nice pic too. :)

Gogs: Google-fu did it's magic. Was a little lost with the displacer, but indeed, I've read, was it Drizzt's adventures, about such creature.

It was in Finnish, though, so the name eluded me for starters.

• Like! 1

Thanks. :) I was asked to draw this and I had no idea for a long while what to do about those tentacles.

And, yes, the original thread is indeed gone. Probably because it got spammed to death and somehow in removing said spam, the whole thing went with it. No loss, just start all over. :)

Schot's hard at work again, hunting up the topic, which must be here with all the changes made to the forum, hopefully that thread will be found! :bounce:

Still not nice to get a spam overflow...

Well, all good tidings to the new thread, Aegis, and nice pic too. :)

Gogs: Google-fu did it's magic. Was a little lost with the displacer, but indeed, I've read, was it Drizzt's adventures, about such creature.

It was in Finnish, though, so the name eluded me for starters.

yes, it was drizzt! lol funny thing is when I first saw that beast in an actual hard back a d and d book years ago, I actually didn't think much of it... the idea of a nest of tentacles popping out of a cat's back, came off to me as quickly thought up of and not so imaginative.

I have always loved tentacles however. I'm a big fan of the lovecraftian mythos, and with d and d, there is a monster/god called hastur, he who cannot be named...this monster is comprised of typical lovecraftian tentacles, and most of his mass must remain on his home plane, as he is far too large to bring his entire body here to the prime material plane...

I geek out on this stuff :oooo:

I think that's what your tentacles reminded me mostly of Aegis, the demonic horrors of the abyss^^

:)

gogo

Gogo: Not about certain eastern works of "art", hmm? :P

But yes, gotta admit, I like all that D&D stuff too, mostly Forgotten Realms, but a friend of mine got me kinda interested about Ravenloft too.

But, perhaps continue discussion somewhere else. Don't want to highjack Aegi's thread. :D

Heh, indeed, gogo, given that I was told parts of her were 'covered in a black substance', that was the kind of effect I wanted to go with in the most simplist was possible: black, slimy, abyss-like.

And, meh, an off-topic discussion here and there doesn't bother me one bit. :D

Now, for something new, the seventh iteration of the 'Queen of Iron Fist':

queen_of_iron_fist_7_by_aegiskhaos-d5mev9u.jpg

• Like! 1

Yea, I'm sure Aegis doesn't mind if we throw some D&D & Lovecraftian talk into his art thread, since both of those items are works of art unto themselves.

I remember my super bad-ass character :paladin: slaying a Displacer Beast or two back in the day, as well as meeting Cthulu and running away screaming like a little girl all the way home to his mommy, lol...

Now, getting on to the important stuff: all of the above pics are quite nice, Aegis, but I do admit to being very fond of your pic "Queen of Iron Fist."

There's just something way sexy involving beautiful women and swords. :drool:

• Like! 1

Omni: Who doesn't like things involving dragons and monsters? ;p Also, women with weapons are sexy in general, yes? :D

gogo: Considering I agonized over her hairstyle before settling into what you see now, I'm glad you like it, too. And, no, she isn't much for ribbons of any kind. ;)

• 1 month later...

More good works of art, Aegis; keep 'em coming I say!

Have you drawn anything out of Sacred/Sacred 2 yet? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing you draw the Demoness from Sacred or the Seraphim from Sacred 2.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just noticed those marks on the cheek. Are they scars from battle? An admin from FDM, years ago, once sent me a book from Great Britain, the first book from a series written by Stephen R Donaldson..Science Fiction and very very scary.

One of the lead characters had scars purposefully carved into his face by an ex-lover as a "lesson" and when he got angry during the series, the hairless, think-skinned marks would fill up with blood as a kind of stigmata.

:)

gogo