Beyond the next update/patch/holiday event

I appears there's a lot of negative feedback about the new Ascended gear and the grind it involves. Since I've not even started with the supposed grind, I'm not really phased by what lies in store, but I've been thinking more and more about where I'm heading once I've 100% explored all the PvE maps. What gear I'm working toward, what legendaries I really, really want and how many decades will it take me to obtain. I understand that GW1 & 2 was never about levelling, but I would still like to have spent more time levelling to 80.

For the most part, I'm happy with the gear I have and there's only the T3 cultural or Twilight Arbor that I would really like to acquire.

As for weapons ... I'd really love Twilight, but it's just soooooo far from my current investment in the game, that I'm quite content with the exotic sword I have at the moment.

Let's say I have the above, then what? WvW is a bit of a mess for me with low frame rates, I've never even played SPvP so I can't comment there. I seriously doubt I'll do 100% map completion with any of my alts. I'll still enjoy the game very much by playing with guildies, but my timezone forces me into single play most of the time.

So a few thoughts about bringing the numbers back into all areas:

Introduce a hardcore game mode.

Immali got me thinking in this post, but I just can't see myself reaching level 80 without any deaths without any real consequence upon the eventual death (huge respect Immali). This might also ensure lower level zones to be populated a little more. I recently started 100% completion on the charr high level zones and in Iron Marshes at one stage there were two players on the entire map! Me and some guy who left minutes afterward to go play with guildies somewhere else. With a few bugged events it took me aaaages to complete my daily reward there because I had to pass on all the group event bosses. After this map was complete I headed to Fireheart Rise. Only about 3 replies on a map chat "anyone here?". "I'll do it later" was my initial thought and I've yet to return to Fireheart Rise.

Introduce Ultimate Elite skills

So what am I saving my skill points for if I know Twilight is still months and months out of my reach? I'll probably have 500 skill points by the time I actually need them. Why not introduce more Elite skills that take 100, 150, 200 skill points to unlock. Limit these skills to specific zones if you have to, but if I have to play alone on lower level maps as a level 80, then give me the means to prove it and wipe out large and powerful mobs with an ultimate KABOOOOOOM!... and a grin of satisfaction! I'd have something to look forward too, put it on a 24 hour cooldown if you have to, but make it worth it!

Introduce henchmen

I never played GW1 so I'm not 100% sure how hired NPCs worked, but I'd like the option to hire, or even permanently buy and upgrade, henchmen to accompany me in Orr where the events are mostly un-soloable. Just having anyone else around that can stand their ground in a 1v1 mob fight in Orr would be a great asset. The NPCs are totally useless IMHO and the only ones that serve any purpose are the armor repair guys, unless you want to spend a bit of karma on an accessory here and there. (Genereal vendors sell the salvage kits and gathering tools, but the same chainmail heavy armor skins since lvl1). Sure the karma vendors at temples are great but there's never enough players around to open them up for vendoring! (And I only want the stats 'cause I hate the spiky heavy armor.) If I had a group of about 5 henchmen, I could do these things alone, but I can't. I'd even think of 100% map completion with my alts if I had a group of henchmen tagging along.

Slow down crafting and/or add new items

A little late to slow down now, but if crafting progress was a little slower, it would add more incentive for high level players to visit lower level zones.

I've reached a bit of a stalemate with crafting at the moment, because the things I can craft at high level are probably cheaper to buy at the TP than actually buying the various crafting components to reach level 400 and so I don't need high level crafted items other than making a bit or profit, but since I'm exploring lower level zones for map completion, I'm not really getting the high level crafting goodies (blood, totems, bone shards, etc.) But what do people craft after level 400? The little WoW I played, I only dreamed of one day owning a Mechano-hog. I know that mounts are not part of GW2 (yet), but crafting items above and beyond standard profession items would actually motivate me to save my money for crafting rather than spending +- 15 silver a day on teleporting costs.

If there was more to crafting it could be incorporated into the guild. Say you need 5 level 400 crafters in order to craft a guild limmo and travel in style! Does the "Guild" in Guild Wars 2 mean you get a bank? Give use the guild castle with stuff to craft! Benches, paintings, beds, the whole shabang!

So there.

I really don't mean to cast hate against the game, but it seems that a number of people have some issues with the game lately. Even ol'

, and this is a guy who promoted the game more than anyone I've seen. Edited by Scleameth

Lets talk seriously : does your post mean that you're almost done with the game?

I never heard you talking about making other characters, trying other profession, or planning something specific after getting map completion.

Some of your points are valid, though I doubt most of them will actually make it into the game.

Done with the game as in stop playing all together? No never!

Just throwing a few thoughts out there about getting the lower level zones populated and what to do with all my skill points because a legendary is still months and months away. I'm finding the lower level zones so much more entertaining really. More beautiful scenery, better matched mobs, more events which flow into other events. Orr is just a back and forth mishmash karma race IMO (nerfed karma race lately).

The low level zones are very deserted. I finished Snowden Drifts today and again had to skip a few group event bosses. I asked in map chat if anyone wants to assist... just to check if people weren't just ignoring my chatter, I offered a free rare sword to the first taker... still no response.

But after map completion it's basically just going to be farmin' or dungeon runs if I have the time (but I mostly just pop in for a few minutes and then out again to sepperate screaming kids). But there's nothing really much else to do or strive for apart from legendaries at the moment. I'm basically just thinking out loud what could be done for solo players. If I could craft some nice items other than weapons, armor or trinkets then that would be something to keep me going, unless of course would cost like a gazillion this and a trillion that mixed with 100 generally unobtainable gifts of some sort...

I have a level 22 ranger in the works, but I'd rather get 100% map completion with my guardian and complete personal story before getting serious with any alts. I think I'll play 10 lvls with ranger and 10 lvls with necro until they're both level 80 then do the same with some other two. By then I think there might already be new classes introduced.