Thanks alot for the reply. I was surprised how easy this was to get working being the first mod I tried. No more neon lime green grass or smurf looking kobolds. This is a great mod. Thanks to the creator.

Edited by Torrentula81
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Wardust I'm still enjoying and playing around with your great mod but I have a question:

How did you remove the "wings" from the Dragon Mage's generic helm? (THIS HELM). It's a change I'm trying to undo and I can't figure out how you did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Found it! It was in mq\maps\npc\highelves\equip\t_highelf-dragoncult-helmet_do.dds

I couldn't find it before because I never realized the dragon cultists were elves! I thought they were humans. I guess that makes the Dragon Mage an elf too, which makes sense considering how much he seems to hate humans.

Thanks!

Thanks, once I knew the name of the helmet I was able to swap in the texture with the red wings.

I had another question: did you intend for the small spiders (usually found in caves) to be completely invisible?

ablSEjqQ.jpg

I have tried to download this mod and have had no luck at all. I get message to repair download. I really want to try this. Any ideas ?

edit. it was antivirus preventing.

ok do I need to download all files? I do not want music but would like all the graphic mods

Edited by Dewberry

You don't need to install the music if you don't want it. In fact a lot of this mod package is modular. Certain files depend on each other, like new models and the textures for them, but otherwise you can just remove whatever you don't want.

so do I download each file? or is there a bundled?

You can download "graphics, npcs, heroes" and the new V2 surface script, added in the Blog (and in this post)

Radon Master: you can try with this surface.txt for this transparent spiders... I added some fur in it and a more natural eyes, but nothing more. Tell me if you fix it please ;-)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43ozlhycskcc70b/surface.rar

f8ox.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards!

Edited by Wardust

I just deleted the spider texture files and that fixed it.

I don't use the surface.txt. I liked the changes to the animals but I found it made many of the armors far too shiny and reflective.

Thanks, it's all working fine now!

P.S. Also please don't take offense that I don't use some parts of your mod. I use most parts of it and I would never change back!

Edited by Flix

I just deleted the spider texture files and that fixed it.

I don't use the surface.txt. I liked the changes to the animals but I found it made many of the armors far too shiny and reflective.

Thanks, it's all working fine now!

P.S. Also please don't take offense that I don't use some parts of your mod. I use most parts of it and I would never change back!

Hehehe! don't worry! the best thing of the mod is that is customizable, you can delete everything you don't like :-)

First of all I would like to thank you for what you have created!

This weekend I plaid around with it and tried to put all your stuff together into one “folder” so to be able to make your modifications “Mod-Enabler” usable. Unfortunately, due to the amount of downloadable files and the therein included folders and sub-folders, I haven’t had much success with it.

Because of that I would like to ask you if you could be so kind to give a more “in detail” instruction of “what has to go where”? It would be very much appreciated! ;)

I also got a bit lost on what I actually have to download as I do use a German version of Sacred Ice and Blood with CM-Patch. I “excluded” everything whereat you already wrote that it is for Spanish or English/US Version. But is there something more I have to take care of?

Sorry for the many questions, but I really do admire your work and would like to use it! :)

First of all I would like to thank you for what you have created!

This weekend I plaid around with it and tried to put all your stuff together into one “folder” so to be able to make your modifications “Mod-Enabler” usable. Unfortunately, due to the amount of downloadable files and the therein included folders and sub-folders, I haven’t had much success with it.

Because of that I would like to ask you if you could be so kind to give a more “in detail” instruction of “what has to go where”? It would be very much appreciated! ;)

I also got a bit lost on what I actually have to download as I do use a German version of Sacred Ice and Blood with CM-Patch. I “excluded” everything whereat you already wrote that it is for Spanish or English/US Version. But is there something more I have to take care of?

Sorry for the many questions, but I really do admire your work and would like to use it! :)

Hellow!

I have updated the download section in the blog.

Basically, the mod is a big texture and music replacer. The only thing you need to do: you must replace the surface.txt in the scripts/server folder, in your main sacred2 folder. Replace it with the one inthe first section in the blog, and the itemtype.txt in scripts/shared with the one in the same location.

The rest is simple. Put the folders into your Sacred2/pak folder in this way:

Sacred2->Pack

creature: (chestcreature, ghost, humanoid, kohorte_skeleton)

Data: (only if you got SPANISH version, if not, just erase)

gui

hq: (fx, gui, maps, particles)

models

mq: (maps, miniobj, patches)

maps: (addon, arechitecture, heroes, npc, objects, shields, spells, weapons)

music

sound

And if you want more challenge, you can download a good mod in this forum, under the download section (prefer this than select files in my scripts folder)

Regards!

Edited by Wardust
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still being worked on I see? how fairs the project? usable at all? sorry I had only just slightly returned to Sacred, playing PoE but I think I am about to switch back over lol.

already been running a few other things like increased spawns, tiny icons, start island bosses, camera tweaks and etc. would those mess up with it?

• Like! 1

Still being worked on I see? how fairs the project? usable at all? sorry I had only just slightly returned to Sacred, playing PoE but I think I am about to switch back over lol.

already been running a few other things like increased spawns, tiny icons, start island bosses, camera tweaks and etc. would those mess up with it?

You can only use the textures of mi mod, and then I strongly recommend you use mi surface.txt. If you want change the armor models too, then tou need the model meshes and the usa/english txt files in my blog. But you can use your own spawn, balance, spell etc

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

thats some great work. I'm only just becoming part of the community in 2013 so I'm just seeing this for the first time. big thumbs up!!

plus, with applause to the new vision as well, it seems I was the only person here that partly fell in love with the game for its vibrance when I bought and began playing it. D2 was always so bland. sacred 2 was a big change and I loved it. oh well, I'll be the lone wolf on this hahaha.

congrats again war! great job.

• Like! 1
  • 9 months later...

Wardust do you have any plans to update this mod for CM Patch 1.50? If not do you mind if I release a small patch that will update the mod?

Looking through the files, I think all that needs to be updated is surface.txt for the mod to fully work.

Wardust do you have any plans to update this mod for CM Patch 1.50? If not do you mind if I release a small patch that will update the mod?

Looking through the files, I think all that needs to be updated is surface.txt for the mod to fully work.

So does this Mod not work anymore with the new CM patch? I am re-installing the game and was wanting to use both. Edited by RIVEIR

Just don't use the scripts from the mod (none of them!). For some reason Wardust uploaded his entire scripts folder, even though he only changed surface.txt for the mod.

The textures should still work just fine with the new CM Patch. So basically 90% of the mod should still function. The changes to surface.txt from the mod need to be copied over into the new CM Patch surface txt.