Question about Ice & Blood

I played Sacred 2 Fallen Angel on the PS3 and enjoyed it very much. After getting disappointed at Diablo 3 but don't want to start/learn a new game in Path of Exile, I decided to give Sacred 2 PC a go. My question is with the Ice & Blood expansion 2.64.

It seems that PS3 version is on par with PC's 2.40, mostly. But are there threads that summarizes what the Ice & Blood expansion added/removed and enhanced/nerfed? Like changes in skills such as Blacksmith, Spell Resistance, and Damage Lore, or nerf of melee attack, which from reading some threads here, seemed to merit build changes. I didn't find such info in Sacred Wiki and here, those infos seems to be scattered here and there within individual guides. So my question is - is there a post out there that discussed all these changes in one giant thread or maybe some gurus here summarized these changes somewhere? I mainly play Shadow Warrior, Seraphim, and High Elf if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

Off hand, I can say that going from PS3 to Ice and Blood, you will find major differences with the DoT damage... notably those spitting spiders, et al. Spell Resistance is almost a 'manditory' skill in a general build due to that. Staff Lore allows the projectiles from staff weapons (which makes some broken builds). All the skills 'work', ie Blacksmithing (in all PC versions, actually). Allskills and +All combat arts nerfed (halved, iirc). You can actually target specific enemies with the mouse-controls, as opposed the the (semi)auto-targeting system on the consoles; making some Combat Arts a lot more controllable (ie the spreads on thorns and flame wall, etc). The MF bonus for map explored works properly (/10 on consoles). DRAGON MAGE <rawr>. You're limited to 5 or 6? Combat Arts quick-slotted as opposed to the console setup of "12".. you do get weapon slots, but I always played with 1 weapon and 11 Combat Arts in my console-days. I suppose there is some kind of 'lag' when swapping weapons or Combat Arts that is not present on the consoles. Mucho expanded loot tables in the Uniques... and, OMG LEGENDARIES! Bosses are harder, 3x HP's if I'm scared to recall... not sure exactly. Side-bosses have quests you have to activate before appearing, and there are a few more of them as well (ie the Lords).

There is probably more... ;)

You may consider installing the CM-patch if you play Ice and Blood. CM-patch has a changelog.

Just Ice and Blood:

2 new areas, 1 new class. Regeneration per Hit working now on PC, 200 runes read in limit, disease from dryad nerved, no more deathblow on spells, staff lore allows shooting with a staff and a powerful dryad build, ancient magic added to more classes, special mounts changed a bit.

The biggest change for my hybrid playstyle characters: Recharging combat arts with weapon hits. But consoles had this already, but no PC version pre Ice and Blood.

Since I have no console I can only write what I remember new, playing Fallen Angel and then adding Ice and Blood. The console version had some bug fixes appearing first for PC with Ice and Blood already in from begin: example reg per hit.

So the page you are looking for would have to be 2 pages: one changelog from FA to Ice and Blood for PC, and a bit smaller changelog from console to Ice and Blood on PC. What I considered the biggest change, was already so on consoles: reg per hit.

yea, I can't wait to play the Dragon Mage and see those new bosses and items! I think I will mainly miss the extra CA slots, it's just so much easier to use the L1/R1 rotation & 4 buttons combo instead of the keyboard hotkeys. I plan to make a Shadow Warrior to start because I'm most familiar with that character. I plan to play around with him to figure out PC gameplay and get him to high level to fund my other toons.

I saw a number of older threads complaining about the +all skills nerf and the rune eating nerf too. Probably won't make much difference as I never made it to that high level on PS3. I wish the readme files that came with updated versions listed these gameplay changes in addition to the general add-ons. Anyway, thanks for replaying, those that you guys mentioned were probably the big ones, I'll just play on to figure out the rest. I enjoy the game research part almost as much as playing the game lol

I never missed the extra CA slots when switching from ps3 to Ice and Blood. Buffs have their own slots, so that frees up a slot or two. Combine that with combos and you should be fine.

Remembered one other - socketing a ring, etc into a piece of armour will change the minimum level requirements of the armour (unlike consoles, where you can socket level 200 rings into level 1 gear and use it with a new toon.

Chattius hit on a few that were tickling my brain, but wouldn't come out earlier. Can't believe I forgot about the new areas!

wow really? that sucks, I made some godly low level equips on PS3. Socketing +10 all skills and multi bonus rings/amulets into lv2 gears was just awesome.

I also noticed the inventory/storage is much smaller, due to items using images and taking up grids instead of just a weight limit, I was able to stock up a lot of sets and uniques for various classes just by using storage alone on PS3, not so with PC. Probably have to make a lot of mule toons. The PC version is also a lot more glitchy. I spent hours trying to get it to run smoothly (Win7), but some ingame stuff is still bugged, like loading screen images not loading correctly.

But the best thing about the PC version I would have to say are the mods. I won't be doing too much with it since it will totally break the game. But some tweaks are just too good to pass up, like the ones that shrink inventory to 1x1 to make storage bigger and character saves uploaded by generous members of Darkmatters, so I can test out builds (I spent countless hours on PS3 remaking characters because they took the wrong skills/CA mods or overate runes, etc...

I think I'm beginning to dig the PC version more after looking past the glitches and other stuff, just comparing it side by side with the PS3 gameplay wise doesn't do it justice. And on top of that, Dragon Mage! Rawr!

From my Ice & Blood manual, instant travel and the carrier imp were added along with the Dragon Mage and the two new areas. Items with +skills have been nerfed as mentioned. The DM adds some interesting build options in my opinion. You'll likely need to use the Community Patch to keep crashes minimal for Windows 7. I've not read of crash problems with Ice & Blood on Windows XP.

I've built multiple Shadow Warriors, so if you have questions about skill choices or anything else please let me know.