Questions for new return and setup of SacredWiki

Heya Cathleen!

The wiki's going to take a while to get up and going again, we're kind of scared about putting it on the same hosting with darkmatters. As a cautious move, we're looking at purchasing a second hosting account for just the wiki so that if one site has a problem the other is secure. We're looking at price options for the second hosting, and after that, it'll be an upgrade to the media wiki software, and then to see if stuff still works.

much of sites fdm and sacredwiki are all custom work and code put together by schot. when we severed the relationship tween wiki and forum, a lot of the associations were broken, and we're crossing our fingers hoping that enough is still going to function.

We're going to be looking at this soon (within 2 weeks) and see what our options are, we're excited to see what can be brought back, and we'll post as soon as we have some news

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Good to see you back guys! :)

I'm not a wiki super-expert, but let me know if I can be of any help in bringing things back, testing, or the mediawiki upgrade or that kind of stuff.

• Like! 1

Zeno, welcome back!

Thanks for the offer, we're looking at our options, and your work with coding for wiki was amazing, we're going to be seeing who can help out with this after our hosting is decided.

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Heya Zeno!

We're looking at sometime around the end of February if all goes well. It's a huge job :oooo: Also, if anyone has expertise with reviewing files for a virus or backdoor left by an intruder as this this would help.

gogo

Heya Zeno!

We're looking at sometime around the end of February if all goes well. It's a huge job, and if anyone has expertise with reviewing a gazillion files for a virus or backdoor left by an intruder, this would help.

gogo

Oh, take as many time as needed then! I don't know if I'd be able to help with that, but if it's a matter of searching, let me know what to look for and where :P

I'll echo everyone else's sentiments and offer whatever help I can though I don't seem to have any skills necessary to help get it up and running. But if it's simply examining each file and you or Schot can show me what needs to be done, I'm more than willing.

With all the power issues here I doubt I'll be working this weekend on the project down in Rhode Island for the electric company. Have a feeling they'll be way too busy to take any trucks off the road. Plus we may get another big storm this Sunday. So I have plenty of time to do any tedious/monotonous stuff for ya so you can tackle other stuff

I've just started playing Sacred 2 again recently, this time I have PC version too :) Gotta say I really miss the wiki!

This has been getting me by without the wiki, the google map doesn't work, and some picture links but otherwise the majority of the needed info is still intact.

SacredWiki

Edited by Tybudd
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to add my 2 cents. There was a localization bug with the old Wiki software, as mentioned in my last wiki post. If you work with /language again, then you'll need to take care that no single article has a slash in the name.

Good news are also, that all French parts I've done are well stored in my translation memory, so if the English texts don't change, translation of the same articles will only take a few minutes for the import/export and upload.

Tossing in another 2 cents worth. While the Wayback Machine IS a very cool and somewhat useful tool, the backup it makes is NOT 100% complete.

There are items that are missing. Quests I know for a fact were posted to the wiki but are for whatever reason, not available on the Wayback machine version. There are shadow quests I posted from the Ruka area - Slimy Gobs and Goo to name one - that aren't there. And I know for a fact I did them well before the wiki went down...

I also have another question / request. Could someone open the "Sacred terms translated" article from Underworld and check, whether the English terms are correct or not? I'd also like to know the exact ability names of the Daemon and the Vampiress in their different forms. I'm asking, because I just noticed something weird in German.

The Daemon ability "Energy Daemon (Charged Bolts)" is called "Energiedämon (Energieblitze)" in German, but when you switch to that form, the ability name becomes "Kugelblitze" and not "Energieblitze", as it should normally. While I can check all this in German, I can't in English, so I'd need someone to do it for me in English.

Oh and while we're at it. Is the English name "Energy Daemon (Charged Bolts)" or "Energy Daemon / Charged Bolts"?

Edited by Liloe

It's "Energy Daemon (Charged Bolts)" in the US/UK version.

I'm going to try getting a rune for that and eating it to see what it's called when you use that CA.

Figures the Combo master would simply give me one for finishing off his quest.

Anyhow.. It says "Energy Daemon (Charged Bolts)" pretty much everywhere.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 2 weeks later...

OK Guys and Gals I just ran a search for the XP table (chart) for Sacred 2, and the wayback machine was nice enough to give me the ever helpful 404 error. So I guess that is one more page that got lost. It would be ever so helpful if someone could post a copy in the downloads section. I would but as I'm looking for the data to begin with.....