Sacred 3 PS3 mainbased with no Local Co-op?

Tybudd

It has already been mentioned in a previous Preview that Sacred 3 is using PS3 as its main platform,

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/29/sacred-3-hack-and-slash-co-op-whether-you-like-it-or-not

so why would they make the game that is built mainly for consoles not capable of utilizing Local Co-op play on a system that needs relishes local Co-op?

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/2721/playstation-3/sacred-3.html

This makes no sense knowing that most households don't have multiple consoles in their homes, how would a household take advantage of co-op play, which is supposed to be a huge part of game play in S3?

the main reason I got hooked on this game because its excellent past time for my son and I to play together, this will be a definate deal breaker for me on a title I've been waiting years for :viking:

I think that second link might not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :dntknw:

The whole selling feature of Sacred 3 is that it is a co-op based game. That means that as a single player you are "forced" to have 1/2/3 other AI players with you. That would not exclude the option from having 2 local co-op players with 2 AI players? I mean, if you're thinking co-op you and building the game focussing on PS3 (this is where the developer challenge lies) then certainly you can't exclude the couch co-op from development?

EDIT: Just to further my argument in favour of couch co-op: http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8871/sacred-3-eyes-on-impressions-from-pax-2012.html

Our demo consisted of two characters

The camera itself is actually dynamic now, several times we saw it pan to the side of ourcharacters to showcase the huge expansive environments which looked absolutely gorgeous.

The game was demoed on a PS3

From the above it really gives the impression that 2 people played on one PS3? Edited by Scleameth

I think that second link might not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :dntknw:

The whole selling feature of Sacred 3 is that it is a co-op based game. That means that as a single player you are "forced" to have 1/2/3 other AI players with you. That would not exclude the option from having 2 local co-op players with 2 AI players? I mean, if you're thinking co-op you and building the game focussing on PS3 (this is where the developer challenge lies) then certainly you can't exclude the couch co-op from development?

EDIT: Just to further my argument in favour of couch co-op: http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8871/sacred-3-eyes-on-impressions-from-pax-2012.html

Our demo consisted of two characters

The camera itself is actually dynamic now, several times we saw it pan to the side of ourcharacters to showcase the huge expansive environments which looked absolutely gorgeous.

The game was demoed on a PS3

From the above it really gives the impression that 2 people played on one PS3?

I'm really really hoping what you quoted is actual and not just a typo by the person writing the article

• 8 months later...

Well, I more prefer at the moment to make Sacred 3 look more like, well, Sacred before we even talk about platforms. Mind you, with the new architecture of both the PS4 and Xbone (I can never say that with a straight face), it definitely makes more sense to use the next gen hardware over the current gen simply by the fact they're easier to develop with, nevermind the increase in performance.

• Like! 1

I'd see them as publishing on next gen as well. New Xbox is coiming out so soon now, by the time Sacred 3 gets here, coders will be pros and I bet the game will look, feel good

:)

gogo