New Sacred 3 will be like what current game?

gogoblender

I'm just wondering where they're going with this. Street Fighter or Golden Axe... or something I haven't seen yet?

What's the new Sacred 3 with the way it's current devs are setting this going to be a close clone of or inspired by.

:bomb:

gogo

• Like! 1

Actually, it's a series of games. The one I'm most familiar with is Tales of Symphonia for game cube and it's sequal on the Wii. But there is a whole long list of other titles on both the PS3 and Xbox as well.

There is a pretty good recap on the wikipedia Tales

• Like! 1

If only... I've become aspiring Tales-fan after completing Graces f, and delving a bit into 3DS-incarnation of Abyss.

They are really abundant games with rich caste of characters, places and lots of other things.

I admit while what we know of Sacred 3 is quite little, it seems to me awfully more limited than the afforementioned

series.

Like I've said in many times before, I'd pretty much hope that I have to eat my words in that regard.

Now I've gotten the inpression that S3 would be quite dumbed down and streamlined compated to the predecessors..

• Like! 1

From what I've read in the reviews, it appears to me that it looks a bit like Dungeon Siege 2. Both games seem to use a "party-system", whereas in DS2 SP the party was made of up to 4 (with an exploit up to 8) AI-"characters".

Story-wise you can compare it to a lot of games; as the plot (country being occupied by a strong force, a group of hero's liberating it) has been used in a lot of games.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Wait, isn't there 2 sacred 3's coming?

You may be thinking of "Sacred Citadel" as the other Sacred 3...possibly.

Sacred Citadel looks like Castle Crashers and/or Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara. It looks good (as a spin-off that is). However, it's impossible to get any real information (such as the variety of skills and equipment...or a release time better than "Early 2013"), so it's fallen off of my radar for the time being.

Sacred 3 looks like...Dungeon Siege 2/3. As Thorin said: There's a definite party system (like DS2). However, it's been stated to be more action-oriented (closer to DS3). Either way, not what we were expecting, and I'm not holding my breath on this one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my overall opinion it should Sacred 2 (different story and such and map) but it should have better graphics and some other stuff, but im hoping it wont have NEARLY as many bugs as Sacred 2 did... and im really hoping its as great game as the previous sacred's were ^^

• 1 month later...

I really hope this is like the epic Diablo 3 failure.. Deep Silver does not need to kill he feel of the game. I would still actually like to "build" a character.. Blizzard killed that factor in d3

Um. Simple enough answer to that.

Look at where Ascaron is today. Bankrupt and dead to the world. I'm going to go out on a limb that Deep Silver knows darn well what exactly happened and do not want to duplicate whatever mistakes Ascaron did - and wind up in the dustbin of history.

• Like! 1

So they will make a game that none of the true fans want to play.. Just dumb it down so that its just an action game instead of a action rpg. I won't buy if the game is like d3.. I will stay playing sacred 2 in that case. Just like now.. I play d2 more than d3

Um. Simple enough answer to that.

Look at where Ascaron is today. Bankrupt and dead to the world. I'm going to go out on a limb that Deep Silver knows darn well what exactly happened and do not want to duplicate whatever mistakes Ascaron did - and wind up in the dustbin of history.

This is so sad but so true. I'm thinking noone small has the money to make anything with the level of content the last two games of this franchise has. They're going to chop up the title and stick it on bits on other stuff...

yes no?

Please no!

:oooo:

gogo

Sacred3, Diablo3, ...

Respec, not wanting to make builds which need collecting certain items, ....

I liked that you could teach carefully character planing, optimizing and such things with sacred 2 to my kids, just to say spidergirls.

But a game which is coop playing and just mouse acrobatic....

Fine motoric finger training my daughters could learn with needles and sewing, and learn something useful with that too. Coop and teaming I would prefer team sports for them or good old board games. I know I sound like my grandma, but I see no sense in wastung time on a game which has no teaching effect to kids.

I still think that Sacred2 was worth the money we paid even if it would have had the double price (well perhaps just start with 4 classes and bring the others with more addons). I hate boxes with games which went to a box after playing for just a single weekend.

Was I proud when our 13 years old played a single aspect Inquistor through niob without dying, answer is yes, because she explained why she did skills, combat arts and equip in the way she did and was using and learning maths in doing so, english too because she read sacredwiki in english.

Will I be proud if she finishes Sacred3, Diablo3, .... probably not.

• Like! 1

The main reason Ascaron went bust is cause they tried to do too much, in too little time, when the economy was about to plummet.

Had they just concentrated on the PC version and finely tuned it from the start they could have made more expansions and might still be here now. IMO it was pushing for consoles that was a step too far for a small company with PC roots. I don't see that Ascaron made many mistakes to the development of the final games, only financial ones.

Based on that, I have no idea where DS are going with S3 and I fear it will be yet another dumbed down game that bares little resemblance to it's predecessors.

The only company making games for the fans seems to be Crate with Grim Dawn. A proper hack n slash that has a bit of an old school Sacred feel to it.

Last I checked, the economy still sucks and DS is building the game for the same 3 platforms - PC, Xbox and PS3 (maybe PS4)...

The smart thing DS is doing is building the game using partnerships with Keen and others who have experience with multiplatform development.

Now, we are in agreement as to whether or not they're up to the challenge of building Sacred 3 into something we will recognize and more importantly enjoy in much the way we have in the past - that remains to be seen.

The only company making games for the fans seems to be Crate with Grim Dawn. A proper hack n slash that has a bit of an old school Sacred feel to it.

This is solid gold, and if S3 doesn't go the way we hope then I will definitely be spending my time enjoying Grim Dawn :)

This is solid gold, and if S3 doesn't go the way we hope then I will definitely be spending my time enjoying Grim Dawn :)

It's just a shame that it won't have closed servers but hopefully if it's the success it deserves to be, then one day they may be able to afford them :)

• 11 months later...

My smallest son is playing one of the Lord of Rings games, Conquest, and I thought of Sacred 3. Sounds about the same. As mentioned, pre-assigned goals requiring clever manipulations of controls on keyboard or controller is the 'game'. Path pretty much linear. Sure, you'll turn sometimes, there might be several paths, just clobber your way through and you'll find it. Memorize the path and conflicts. Variety is trying it with a different weapon or character. Conquest has those too.

I always figured the reason they did Sacred 3 in this form is cost saving. Less work for them. When asked about the lack of an open world the studio told one poster, 'we're working on something right now I think you'll like" that's my paraphrase, not exact quote. So perhaps there is some hope for future efforts, but I dunno. Who will show up to investigate future Sacred efforts if Sacred 3 is bad? I recall the studio also said since Sacred 2 fans generally played multiplayer online the open world was not needed. They seem to have missed the part where friends played together and, went to different parts of the world exploring.