Currently Watching...

Omnicide

Just found this on Netflix a few days ago; I just finished watching the 5th episode. It's a little slow in places, but the acting (especially by Malin Crepin, who plays the main star Annika Bengtzon) is amazing. I give the Swedes credit for keeping things very realistic with this show. It's along similiar lines as The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy, although a little less disturbing.

My only complaint is that I wouldn't say all episodes are created equal; I like some better than others. But that's just my opinion. Either way it's a great show to watch during a cold wintery night. Makes you feel like you're there where everything's taking place.

Liza Marklund's Annika Bengtzon: Crime Reporter:

Just finished the entire series of Veronica Mars. My wife wanted to start a new series. As a middle road, I agreed to participate. More drama then I would usually deal with without walking off. But, if Detective/Drama is your genre. Great show.

Veronica_mars_intro.jpg

Disclaimer: After 4 full series. My middle road common ground turned out to be a very long road. Little things we do to keep the peace within our home.

:friends3:

Heh, Veronica Mars is kind of a cutie; never got into the show though, but I know what you mean on middle road/common ground stuff with my girl. We've been watching Game of Thrones together, and I'm actually surprised she likes it more than I do (and I like it a lot).

I really like Khaleesi... :wub:

(I swear this site has the best emoticons) :viking:

Hhm. I have a massive backlog of things to watch. Currently watching Game of Thrones too. Rewatch before I get my hands on the second season's blurays.

Guess the next one is Dark Angel.

Been trying to keep up with Fringe lately on Science Channel.

It's not a bad show, just convoluted to the Nth degree. If you miss an episode, you can almost forget making sense of what's going on. There's just so many plot twists and details that if you miss one, you're pretty much scratching your head.

That's NOT to say the show isn't amusing. The show is produced by Bad Robot - JJ Abram's outfit - and they're NOT above a shameless plug for their other endeavours. Case in point, in one episode, Olivia and Bishop go to visit some dude who posted a story on the Internet about something very similar to a case they were working on. The guy (played by the guy who starred opposite Gentle Ben eons ago) is named Alexander Grayson - and he's not exactly playing with a full deck. It seems he thinks his name is Spock, son of Sarek and that renegade Romulans from the future are out to get him. Ironically, the episode in question came out right about the time that JJ Abrams' reboot of the Star Trek series came out and of course, the renegade Romulans from the future out to get Spock thing IS pretty much the entire plot of the movie.

Any hard core Star Trek fan would also know that Grayson is also Spock's mother's maiden name - Amanda Grayson.

To make the trifecta complete, later on in the episode, we finally get introduced to WIlliam Bell - the genius behind Massive Dynamic - the seemingly evil mega corporation that appears to have it's fingers in every episode's goings on. William Bell, of course, is played by Leonard Nimoy - the guy who made Spock a household name in the original series.

• Like! 1

Been trying to keep up with Fringe lately on Science Channel.

It's not a bad show, just convoluted to the Nth degree. If you miss an episode, you can almost forget making sense of what's going on. There's just so many plot twists and details that if you miss one, you're pretty much scratching your head.

That's NOT to say the show isn't amusing. The show is produced by Bad Robot - JJ Abram's outfit - and they're NOT above a shameless plug for their other endeavours. Case in point, in one episode, Olivia and Bishop go to visit some dude who posted a story on the Internet about something very similar to a case they were working on. The guy (played by the guy who starred opposite Gentle Ben eons ago) is named Alexander Grayson - and he's not exactly playing with a full deck. It seems he thinks his name is Spock, son of Sarek and that renegade Romulans from the future are out to get him. Ironically, the episode in question came out right about the time that JJ Abrams' reboot of the Star Trek series came out and of course, the renegade Romulans from the future out to get Spock thing IS pretty much the entire plot of the movie.

Any hard core Star Trek fan would also know that Grayson is also Spock's mother's maiden name - Amanda Grayson.

To make the trifecta complete, later on in the episode, we finally get introduced to WIlliam Bell - the genius behind Massive Dynamic - the seemingly evil mega corporation that appears to have it's fingers in every episode's goings on. William Bell, of course, is played by Leonard Nimoy - the guy who made Spock a household name in the original series.

This reminds me that I need to go back and watch what I've missed so far. However, it's been quite a while, so I'll probably have to go back and re-watch everything. Fringe is fairly complicated, and like wolfie said, it's easy to lose track of where things are going if you miss any shows. I stopped watching it due to the fact that the online site became too annoying after a while, with episodes that were either missing or out of order, and way too many advertisements and commercials interrupting the show.

That's some good trivia about the Grayson/Star Trek episode, as well, wolfie.

If anyone knows of a good place to watch it for free online, let me know (preferably a site that is relatively free of viruses/spyware).

Glee, can't wait for the next season...

Friends, still watching and once I'm done I'll start over AGAIN.

Finished the American Queer as folk, was really good, but I'm dissapointed with Justin running off to New York after Brian Proposed. :dntknw:

Will and Grace... funny funny funny!

Cougar Town, Courtney Cox is brilliant

Delta!

Currently in the 4th ( and final ) season of Star Trek Enterprise, its more like a very very long movie now than seperate episodes, allmost like they really wanted to wrap it up and put in as much background story on how the federation came to be. every other episode is a follow up from the last, and the hits just keep on coming.

when im done with that im going back to old school 4:3 and finally watch North & south in its entirety for the first time ( currently reading the book )

and of course try to get my weekly fix of NCIS/NCIS LA ^_^

Currently in the 4th ( and final ) season of Star Trek Enterprise, its more like a very very long movie now than seperate episodes, allmost like they really wanted to wrap it up and put in as much background story on how the federation came to be. every other episode is a follow up from the last, and the hits just keep on coming.

when im done with that im going back to old school 4:3 and finally watch North & south in its entirety for the first time ( currently reading the book )

That's exactly what they did. They found out early on that the series was NOT going to be renewed for a 5th season. The ratings kind of sucked. People, I suppose were kind of burning out on the whole Star Trek thing - given it was like the 5th spin off of the original series. Not to mention, some of the story lines flew in the face of logic and reason - not to mention established cannon.

That's exactly what they did. They found out early on that the series was NOT going to be renewed for a 5th season. The ratings kind of sucked. People, I suppose were kind of burning out on the whole Star Trek thing - given it was like the 5th spin off of the original series. Not to mention, some of the story lines flew in the face of logic and reason - not to mention established cannon.

I noticed that yeah, and there's an inappropiate amount of timetravel involved as well, still .. as a trekkie I want to see it to the end ^_^

Edited by DreDBanGeR

I noticed that yeah, and there's an inappropiate amount of timetravel involved as well, still .. as a trekkie I want to see it to the end ^_^

Yeah.. Don't forget the entire 3rd season (the one with the alien attack on Florida with that test weapon). That was just a wee bit too... "WTH were they smokin' when they came up with that crap?"

For all it's worth - the Star Trek reboot by JJ Abrams basically ripped off that entire season's plot - disgruntled aliens from the future travel back into time, blow up world, screw up the future. The only differences are they did it in 2 hours (or so) instead of an entire season and they used established, familiar aliens instead of something new and different. They also moved it to Jim Kirk's era..

I seem to recall the scenes where they meet up with Scotty, but I seem to have missed the reason why. I'll have to dig up the DVD and give it a spin.

But I wouldn't put it past them to do such. JJ Abrams IS pretty shameless when it comes to that sort of thing - as I mentioned before with the Fringe tie-in... :badbad:

• 3 months later...

I saw both the original tron and the new movie... didn't see that new one you linked though

Is it hardcore or reg disney fair vanillas stuff?

I'm watching hansel and gretel witch hunters now... I'm so surprised at all the execution on this movie...the way the witches done, their almost -dog like movments when they flee hunters is awesome.

Plus, their faces are sick/ugly... I didn't see a single preview, so I was given a lot of surprises... they remind me of the amazingly frightening way witches were imgained Rold Dahl's book come to life in Witches...

Scary, menacing and pretty creepy

:)

gogo

Well, just watched JJ Abrams second foray into Trek, and I concur with a whole lot of people that Benedict Cumberbatch stole the show. To say that his performance was great would be an understatement as, uh, John Harrison was a very deep character. As for the rest, if you watched JJ's first Trek, then Into Darkness would look 'familiar' with a little more nods to the original Trek along the way. It's not a bad thing, and I definitely liked it, certainly has a little more depth than what the trailers would make you believe, though still got plenty of action and eyecandy. What that basically means is that I like it just as much as the first JJ Abrams Trek, no more, no less, and am not opposed to him making a third. Not sure what else I can say on this subject.

I saw both the original tron and the new movie... didn't see that new one you linked though

Is it hardcore or reg disney fair vanillas stuff?

:)

gogo

Tron Uprising is an animated series by Disney, and so far I like it better than I liked Tron Legacy.

Tron Uprising is what takes place after Tron Legacy, and since it's animated, they can get away with a lot more crazy action stunts on a smaller budget than what could have been accomplished with a live action production.

Haven't seen Hansel & Gretel yet, but it looks promising. I will either check it out on Red Box (movie rental), or Netflix.

Well, just watched JJ Abrams second foray into Trek, and I concur with a whole lot of people that Benedict Cumberbatch stole the show. To say that his performance was great would be an understatement as, uh, John Harrison was a very deep character. As for the rest, if you watched JJ's first Trek, then Into Darkness would look 'familiar' with a little more nods to the original Trek along the way. It's not a bad thing, and I definitely liked it, certainly has a little more depth than what the trailers would make you believe, though still got plenty of action and eyecandy. What that basically means is that I like it just as much as the first JJ Abrams Trek, no more, no less, and am not opposed to him making a third. Not sure what else I can say on this subject.

I agree with you on Benedict's acting ability, and although I liked Star Trek Into Darkness, it wasn't as good as the first movie, imho. I really wanted to see a little bit more ship-to-ship battle, but that didn't happen here. I like all of the actors though, and I think they did a fine job, especially what's his name who played Spock.

I'm hopeful that Star Trek 3 will be better. I give part 2 a solid 'B.'

Just finished Season 2 of Downton Abbey. Another common ground with my wife. However, this historical era drama I am really excited about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downton_Abbey

The cinematography, various locations & acting make it a "whole" watching experience. As a caution, some plots and scenes last alittle longer than I would dictate. All in all, a very solid watch.

I remain, :P

• 4 months later...

I finished season 5 of Dexter last night, after stalking it for weeks, I finally got my revenge and thought I could let my dark passenger go, but, alas, it is still with me. I have chopped and diced season one, sliced season 2, strangled season 3, kidnapped, bled out, dropped, and bludgeoned season 4, all the time hoping I would be able to let it go... but it looks like season 6 is next.

Through all of the Dexter, I am also watching big bang theory, and friends, and re-watching some episodes of Glee

Delta!

American Horror Story season 3 ... First episode WOW

DEFINITELY not for the squeamish, I had to wach most of it between my fingers... if this is just the first episode, this entire season's gonna be a banger ...

Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates, W O W

:bounce:

gogo

• 1 month later...