Currently Watching...

Omnicide

Seen the reporting back for this episode all over the net. is Dr. Who still as over the top as before?

Found him almost comedic

Yes, I know such words are sacriligious

:tomato:

gogo

Pfft, Dr. Who has been over the top and comedic during the run in this so-called modern era, moreso with Matt Smith. And in this episode, with David Tennant and Matt Smith together, there were plenty of comedic moments between the Doctors along with the dark, serious moments. John Hurt definitely played the part well as a battle weary, tormented War Doctor. And I like Billie Piper in that episode.

I didn't know John Hurt played The Doctor!

Im' really out of sync with the series

Is he the latest, or one from the past?

I have loved almost all of his on screen performances, and found him especially impressive in Elephant Man, and of course, will carry him forever in memory for the famous chest burster scene from Alien!

:oooo:

gogo

Well I've been watching Marvels Agents of SHIELD lately, pretty good, not sure if it's been mentioned already though. Last episode I watched actually ties in with right after Thor 2 and starts off with the main characters doing a bit of cleaning up after that. Pretty clever!

• Like! 1

Thanks AEgis

DB, really, that series?

Me and Schot watched the first episode and we were pretty disgusted... not at all what I thought Josh Whedon would do... I have high expectations for that guy.

Glad you stuck it out though to report back to us... I'll head down to the shield channel tonight!

:dance:

gogo

• 6 months later...

I started watching White Collar a while ago. Saw it on my hdd, I have heard about it being a nice series... I am on season 4 already, somedays I finish 5 or 6 episodes, and then don't have time for a week again. I'm quite fond of the characters and Matt Bomer portrays a straight man very well!

Delta!

I've been on a kick watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm on season 6 now and I've busted a gut laughing quite a few times. It's really almost too much to marathon because the stories can get so frantic and insane. But it's full of absurdity and silly little gags that really strike my funny bone.

Edited by Flix
  • 1 year later...

I just watched X-Men: First Class, and I'm blown away by how good it was. Blows the original trilogy plus those Wolverine movies out of the water. If this is the new standard for the franchise, then I can't wait to check out Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse.

• Like! 1

I just watched X-Men: First Class, and I'm blown away by how good it was. Blows the original trilogy plus those Wolverine movies out of the water. If this is the new standard for the franchise, then I can't wait to check out Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse.

Loved this movie! And so happy I didnt see a single trailer or peek a boo before. It set me up for perfect series of delightful surprises and great scenes throughout the movie.

Great casting, and touch of directormanship.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Loved this movie! And so happy I didnt see a single trailer or peek a boo before. It set me up for perfect series of delightful surprises and great scenes throughout the movie.

Great casting, and touch of directormanship.

:)

gogo

Same here, in fact I completely ignored it because the original trilogy had soured me so much on the thought of there ever being a good X-Men movie. I mean Wolverine is cool and all, but there's so much more to explore, and throwing 60 mutants into a movie with barely any story (Last Stand blaah) is not the way to go.

Picked up Days of Future Past, watching it tonight. :dance:

I know a lot of people lost touch with the original trilogy but x2b by itself was really good. Definitely the best of the three.

First class was excellent but I wasn't a huge fan of days of future past. Something seemed off to me with that one.

I can't wait for apocalypse though. Hopefully a fond farewell to the one and only Wolverine.

• Like! 1

I wasn't a huge fan of days of future past. Something seemed off to me with that one.

We must have watched two different movies then, because I just finished it and I thought it was AWESOME. Easily my favorite X-Men movie, maybe one of my favorite superhero movies, period. It really tied everything together, plus it made me feel something for the original cast, for the first time since, well, X2, which was as you mentioned the standout movie of the originals.

Got to go check out the Age of Apocalypse trailer now....

I wasn't a huge fan of days of future past. Something seemed off to me with that one.

We must have watched two different movies then, because I just finished it and I thought it was AWESOME. Easily my favorite X-Men movie, maybe one of my favorite superhero movies, period. It really tied everything together, plus it made me feel something for the original cast, for the first time since, well, X2, which was as you mentioned the standout movie of the originals.

Got to go check out the Age of Apocalypse trailer now....

I know it sounds weird. I definitely liked first class better though. I can't place my finger on what bothered me about future past. It wasn't horrible by any means but something just didn't pull it all together for me. Oh well. Is what it is.

• 8 months later...

BERSERK 2016!

Fans of the manga like me have been waiting years to see this epic fight scene finally adapted.

People have complained about the CGI but I don't care, I love this story and I'm pumped that the soundtrack is still being done by the same guy who writes the most awesome epic songs!

The first 2:30 should be enough of a trailer for anyone.

• 8 months later...

We just saw Alien Convenant a few days ago... for me, this was pure bliss. I've been a huge fan of the Aliens series since it launched way back when, and Ridley Scott's been one of my favorite directors... I will admit that Prometheus was a slow chugger, and at times I felt like throwing things at the screen...but finally getting to Covenant with to many wonderful references to the old films (love the dipping beak bird@), the trade mark palette, and the ferocity with which the aliens attack and scurry... I was awash with satisfaction. Yes, I hated the new "lead" that died without any meaning to me, and I gotta say that having a lead, antogonist is a strange new feeling for me and not sure if I like it... but the next film is the "middle" episode tween prometheus and covenant, and it's looking to be fierce... here's to hoping Shaw will be in it!!

:viking:

gogo

Anyone seen Wonder Woman yet? I enjoyed the hell out of it.

We just saw it... what a terrific movie... bravo!

Definitely one of the best super hero movies I've ever seen... Love Gadot...she's fresh, humble, brave and strong

I hadn't seen a single trailer since I'd heard this was going to be released, and got to see it in AVX today... what a wonderful, imaginative and exciting experience... Chris Pine from Star Trek in it too? Awesome !

:bounce:

gogo

p.s.. just love it when she goes Full Goddess at the end ...outstanding

• Like! 1

WARNING!!!

The following movie is about a mathematician.

I was asked which mathematicians I would have liked to known real life. The three in this movie had a big part at my studies. So we watched with the family and I could explain a bit better why I would have liked to know them.