Currently Watching...

Omnicide

45 minutes ago, Gilberticus said:

I have a question, and I figured this was the place to ask it. I took a break from American Horror Story to watch Legend of the Iron Fist. I'm not too familiar with Marvel characters. Is Danny Rand supposed to be so Bohemian? Because the character in Legend of the Iron Fist show doesn't seem to act like much of a super hero, he looks more like someone I'd see playing hacky sack or selling glow sticks at a Grateful Dead cover band concert.

argh... dont get me going..I could barely make it through the end of that first episode..his acting and the writing on that episode makes me cringe... dunno what happened here, but  I'm never going back

:viking:

gogo

• 1 month later...

I've been informed that my presence is expected for Thor over Thanksgiving break with my nephews.  

I originally questioned some of the casting choices, but the trailers I've seen have helped calm those fears.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

We've been watching this and eking out the episodes... tonights seven of nine... THE BATTLE.. never knew they would take the series this far... and they still havent lost momentum, no mistakes yet, everything is still feeling fresh... these Duffer Brothers are insanely good! (That reference to the wachofsky bros from matrix ? ) As well, did you guys notice that amzing music from John Adams style, minimalism when she finally sees what they did to her mom ? :cry:  ... also not a big fan of the texture they added to the the opening theme/logo...loved the smooth look from last year more...but course all good huh ^^

:D

gogo

5 hours ago, lujate said:

I've been informed that my presence is expected for Thor over Thanksgiving break with my nephews.  

I originally questioned some of the casting choices, but the trailers I've seen have helped calm those fears.

Terrific movie. Just got back, and I finally get ot read the reviews... didnt know this movie scored 93 percnet on Rotten Tomatoes :o ...  Well acted, written, cate blanchett and jeff goldblum.. just sublime..jeff is strange in some of his movies, but I've been following him since The Fly, and I guess there's some nostalgia.. cate ...well cate can do no wrong imo...this has to be one of the greatest vilainesses created, and Tessa Thompson as the Valkrye,just floored me with her timing, wit and facial expressions... we need to see more of her...

watch this movie folks!

:dance:

gogo

56 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Terrific movie. Just got back, and I finally get ot read the reviews... didnt know this movie scored 93 percnet on Rotten Tomatoes :o ...  Well acted, written, cate blanchett and jeff goldblum.. just sublime..jeff is strange in some of his movies, but I've been following him since The Fly, and I guess there's some nostalgia.. cate ...well cate can do no wrong imo...this has to be one of the greatest vilainesses created, and Tessa Thompson as the Valkrye,just floored me with her timing, wit and facial expressions... we need to see more of her...

watch this movie folks!

gogo

Cate Blanchett was the one I questioned at first, until I saw the previews.  

11 hours ago, lujate said:

Cate Blanchett was the one I questioned at first, until I saw the previews.  

I've been her biggest fan since Blue Jasmin. As this Thor was so wholly ingrained in comedy, her depiction of the goddess of death was spot on what this franchise needed after a very too-serious and stiff second part with those dark elves... this was a much appreciated breath of fresh air

:)

gogo

12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

We've been watching this and eking out the episodes... tonights seven of nine... THE BATTLE.. never knew they would take the series this far... and they still havent lost momentum, no mistakes yet, everything is still feeling fresh... these Duffer Brothers are insanely good! (That reference to the wachofsky bros from matrix ? ) As well, did you guys notice that amzing music from John Adams style, minimalism when she finally sees what they did to her mom ? :cry:  ... also not a big fan of the texture they added to the the opening theme/logo...loved the smooth look from last year more...but course all good huh ^^

:D

gogo

While overall I love this series and season 2 was pretty good.....I don't know how to feel about the finale...it just seemed anti-climatic or underwhelming for me...Just seems like the cliff hanger for season 3 could have been, well, a cliff hanger. This just felt like a generic 'to be continued' to me

I know what you mean... but I kind of look at it this way... the first season's ending was an obvious cliff hanger? Maybe they wanted to break out of what everyone would expect and just cast a pallor possible darkness, gloom and possibility...or perhaps our journey with these friends, as they have now met up wtih Gf's and all is *gasp ...nooooooooo... * over?

:oooo:

:cry:

:viking:

gogo

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Bright

Anyone see this?

I know it got panned with the reviews, but dang, did I ever like it...and my friends and family too

:0

gogo

I watched it the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed it would have loved it if it was a series and not just a movie.

I heard it was going to be a series...isnt it going to become that eventually?

pleeeeeeeeeeeeze become a series...

I love how much there is to explain in this world

- centaur in the background

- dragon flying over heard

-return of the dark lord

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished watching The PUnisher... LOVED the characters...for me that's everything, ultra violent (again lol) but a great watch ... heard it got picked up for second season :bounce:

gogo

I have been watching The Good Doctor. It's a heart-warming series in which Freddie Highmore portrays a young Autistic savant with Asperger's Syndrome who works as a surgical resident. If you haven't seen an episode yet then I highly recommend checking it out!

Omg I'm so mad I just now realized I've been absent for a year since changing phones! 

So I loved bright, wonder woman, altered carbon on Netflix, and some other stuff I cant think of atm.

Currently watching van helsing and wynona earp on syfy, still guilty of enjoying supergirl, flash, good doctor, and s.w.a.t.

Happy to be back! 

7 hours ago, Veracious said:

Omg I'm so mad I just now realized I've been absent for a year since changing phones! 

So I loved bright, wonder woman, altered carbon on Netflix, and some other stuff I cant think of atm.

Currently watching van helsing and wynona earp on syfy, still guilty of enjoying supergirl, flash, good doctor, and s.w.a.t.

Happy to be back!

Good seeing you back Veracious!  I LOVED Bright.  I know a lot of 'CRITICS' panned it...but for me, I've been a fan of Will Smith since Fresh Prince... always liked his style, sincerity and timing. And his partner, who played the Orc was just outstanding.  Have loved a lot more from netflix this year, Ill write about them a bit more as well.  

Came back from seeing Black Panther... it was good, but I've been watching superhero movies for years, and there's more from the Marvel Pantheon I enjoyed more.  

Hey...and we just have to know, ... which kind of epic phone was it that tore you away from our DarkMatters' pull of gravity!!

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Good seeing you back Veracious!  I LOVED Bright.  I know a lot of 'CRITICS' panned it...but for me, I've been a fan of Will Smith since Fresh Prince... always liked his style, sincerity and timing. And his partner, who played the Orc was just outstanding.  Have loved a lot more from netflix this year, Ill write about them a bit more as well.  

Came back from seeing Black Panther... it was good, but I've been watching superhero movies for years, and there's more from the Marvel Pantheon I enjoyed more.  

Hey...and we just have to know, ... which kind of epic phone was it that tore you away from our DarkMatters' pull of gravity!!

gogo

Ha ha. Its not the fabulous phone itself that dragged me away but the fact that dark matters was saved in the browser of the previous one. I just totally forgot. 

P.s. I happened to get the galaxy s7 edge. 

Oh and OMG the punisher was so good! I cant believe I didn't include that. 

Now who else is anxious for Jessica Jones season 2 ? ? ? aaaahhhhhhh

Edited by Veracious
forum keeps auto editing "s- 2" to sacred 2
  • Haha 1