Currently Watching...

Omnicide

omgod... The ballad of Buster Scruggs... just...amazing! Yah it takes some investement to get into it...but this is Coen Brothers guys... creme de la creme... and ooooh, oh so violent... be warned ...and be prepared to laugh ... and guffaw!

:)

gogo

We finally got through watching all of this.  The collection is nothing short of a masterpiece.  Six stories... all with death as a theme.  Heart breaking, preposterous moments, and...gruesome.

:thumbsup:

gogo

On 6/20/2018 at 7:44 AM, Veracious said:

I just binged a new show that was really good and it was from an unlikely source. It was actually filmed for YouTube Red. Its called IMPULSE. I don't want to give anything away so wherever you watch your shows see if you can find it. Season 1 was 10 episodes of 40-50 minute episodes. Totally worth the watch. 

In hip deep in season one episode two.. awesome!  I've seen the  movie Jumper... is this a continuation of it or something? It's amazing how when someone creates something artfully you can get a product that's so engaging to watch, the lead here is just outstanding., love how she plays her role

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

In hip deep in season one episode two.. awesome!  I've seen the  movie Jumper... is this a continuation of it or something? It's amazing how when someone creates something artfully you can get a product that's so engaging to watch, the lead here is just outstanding., love how she plays her role

gogo

It's not related to my knowledge. Though the was supposed to be a part 2of the movie, Hayden Christensen dropped it I think. Then they thought of doing a series but that dropped too. 

So far as I know this show is entirely separate. Enjoy. I really liked it. 

13 minutes ago, Veracious said:

It's not related to my knowledge. Though the was supposed to be a part 2of the movie, Hayden Christensen dropped it I think. Then they thought of doing a series but that dropped too. 

So far as I know this show is entirely separate. Enjoy. I really liked it. 

Its amazing how long theyre taking to develop her "power"... I love the slow reveal, and theres elements of real horror-grit in it as well... that scene of her first episode in the car just floored me

:eek:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Its amazing how long theyre taking to develop her "power"... I love the slow reveal, and theres elements of real horror-grit in it as well... that scene of her first episode in the car just floored me

gogo

Yea I'm glad it didn't go much further though. It was hard enough to watch as is. 

I also liked the slow burn with her powers. And the drama in her town was well told as well. It wasn't just about super heroes. 

1 hour ago, Veracious said:

Yea I'm glad it didn't go much further though. It was hard enough to watch as is. 

I also liked the slow burn with her powers. And the drama in her town was well told as well. It wasn't just about super heroes. 

I agree re not just about heroes... this has a slant coming from another angle that I'm appreciating it's discovery with...Heroes was awesome when it come out... was ground breaking...but this is just as interesting if not more

Btw... just finished watching episode three... :eek:   zomgod...theyre just as ruthless as from the movie

gogo

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

nooooooooooo... the free viewing of this series ends on youtube at episode 3... im cliffhanged at worst... possible.. place... noooooooooooo...

gogo

p.s. :eek:

Sorry I thought it was the whole season. And showbox just got shut down so that's out now too. I guess you'll have to get imaginative. If you know of anywhere to watch stuff let me know. I lost my ability to keep upon the cw shows. 

• Haha 1

I've been watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. This show is total indulgence for me, because I've been low-carb for 10 months now (to fantastic effect) but oh how I miss my cupcakes!

Gave Chilling Adventures of Sabrina a try but gave up after 6 or 7 episodes.  The show seems confused about who its audience is, and whether it wants to be a gory satanic orgy or cutesy high school teen drama.

Going to try Buster Scruggs next because literally everyone I know has been talking about it for days now.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

I've been watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. This show is total indulgence for me, because I've been low-carb for 10 months now (to fantastic effect) but oh how I miss my cupcakes!

Gave Chilling Adventures of Sabrina a try but gave up after 6 or 7 episodes.  The show seems confused about who its audience is, and whether it wants to be a gory satanic orgy or cutesy high school teen drama.

Going to try Buster Scruggs next because literally everyone I know has been talking about it for days now.

Re Great British Baking Show...  We dont have that on CAD netflix here... again... zounds...and counfounded! *shakes fist* ... my god, low carb for for ten months? :eek:   Fruits and veggies, but cutting back on all starches ?  I now others that have tried that,but it's so difficult... you have to find all that protein, its more expensive and takes time to prepare... good for you if the results were so successful! Cupcakes... yes...just a few during these Christmas Holidays ? :devil: 

Re Sabrina: I know what you mean by those two competing visions for the series... I myself found it strange and weird sometimes how gory it could get while treading so warmly as a Teen series.  But I know that viewers have seen and perhaps experienced so much on TV now with so much being accessible that perhaps they felt this was the only way to keep people engaged.  I'd always thought the word "Chilling" in the series' name was a bit strange...considering that this all came from Archie and Veronica in the old days... but then when I saw how over the top on the gore Sabrina could go...I guess them putting the word chilling in the title could have been a kind of "out" or insurance..  a backing themselves up kind of way for the often strange battling of direction in the series.

We could perhaps chalk this up to a surprise-filled series that should keep us on our toes  :oooo:

Re Buster Scruggs... its first class Cohen stuff...and I love discussing scenes over and over again with my family and friends as we all try go come to an understanding on the true meaning of what each story means... my cousin thinks I have an overactive imagination for some of my reasoning for why characters did things or how things came to be... I'll bring some up in a few weeks to see if anyone else agrees with a particularly gruesome envisioning that came to me re the story with Liam Neeson in it.

gogo

1 hour ago, Delta! said:

You guys have convinced me. Binged the first four episodes of Impulse. Love IT!!!!! So no spoilers!

Soooooooooooo lucky for you Theuns... we only get to number three here and as you probably know its a crazy cliff hanger... 

I'll just keep searching/swimming ...just keep searching/swimming...just keep searching/swimming...

13fbe16fa8de434815d5af8a6190c78e305d2785

:lol:

gogo

18 minutes ago, Veracious said:

Dm me what you find. I can't watch titans anymore now that showbox shut down. 

Got some time tonight and searching for options

its a jungle out there

:lol:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Was looking for something to watch last night... click... click...click... five minutes... and... Bingo!... k, dont flinch or wince please... here it is...yah...universally panned and already weighed down by some silly critically reviews... But Mowgli legend... LOVED it!

I loved the huge cast of characters and how, even at the beginning of the movie there was a feeling of tragedy as a kind of metaphor compared to the encroachment of mankind to the last of the green spaces.  I was a beaver and boyscout myself, so there was a lot of referential value to the characters as I spent years of growing up calling authority figures by those names... but I really felt that the voice acting, STORY and huge shifts sweeps in vision was enough at times to be breathtaking.

And if it's villains you want, Shere Khan does NOT dis impress

There are some heart wrenching scenes... but that's life :)

Hope you enjoy!

gogo

22 hours ago, Veracious said:

That show is so good!  Congrats! 

I know... after seeing the trailers and your feedback, am stoked! Is there more than one season of it ?

And... anyone catch the trailer of Spiderman Universe?

Just when you think they cant get even more creative with super heroes... they go and explode a mega idea for Spiderman...the trailer is just awesome!!

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I know... after seeing the trailers and your feedback, am stoked! Is there more than one season of it ?

And... anyone catch the trailer of Spiderman Universe?

Just when you think they cant get even more creative with super heroes... they go and explode a mega idea for Spiderman...the trailer is just awesome!!

gogo

I haven't watched the trailer yet no. What I've been watching is the cwtv arrowverse cross over event with green arrow, flash, and supergirl. It was so good. It was called else-worlds. Big teaser after the end credits of the finale. Can't wait for fall 2019!

I was also just informed that the fired james gunn of guardians of the galaxy fame is coming out with a super hero horror film called bright burn. I need to find the trailer for that soon! Sounds amazing. 

Looking the video since I can't see the show.

I got 2 tickets for a shadow theatre by a lottery. But at the family intern lottery I lost. Daughters 2+3 won. Well they are the ones who fit best anyway: ones is very good in fotography playing with light and shadows and the other is our best musician. The theatre is like the shadow games we did at kids with out hands and a torch, Just a bit better.

3 hours ago, chattius said:

Looking the video since I can't see the show.

I got 2 tickets for a shadow theatre by a lottery. But at the family intern lottery I lost. Daughters 2+3 won. Well they are the ones who fit best anyway: ones is very good in fotography playing with light and shadows and the other is our best musician. The theatre is like the shadow games we did at kids with out hands and a torch, Just a bit better.

so lucky... I love shadow theatre!

gogo

20 hours ago, Veracious said:

I haven't watched the trailer yet no. What I've been watching is the cwtv arrowverse cross over event with green arrow, flash, and supergirl. It was so good. It was called else-worlds. Big teaser after the end credits of the finale. Can't wait for fall 2019!

I was also just informed that the fired james gunn of guardians of the galaxy fame is coming out with a super hero horror film called bright burn. I need to find the trailer for that soon! Sounds amazing. 

Id heard about that...wasnt there some kind of a petition to get him back?

gogo