Currently Watching...

Omnicide

I am watching Chefs Table on Netflix. 

it is a really good show, I have heard about a few of the chefs featured and it is a really good show. It shows the way the chefs came about with some of their ideas and what inspired them the most. 

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Veracious said:

I haven't heard. But I'm sure there is. Here's the trailer

Amazing Trailer! They didnt give away too much either... can hardly wait!... is this coming out on networks?

:)

gogo

3 hours ago, Delta! said:

I am watching Chefs Table on Netflix. 

it is a really good show, I have heard about a few of the chefs featured and it is a really good show. It shows the way the chefs came about with some of their ideas and what inspired them the most. 

Oh, Theuns, I could talk forever about that series..  Fell in love with it years ago when it started getting produced.  The music, and especially the  photography are oustanding!. I especially love the opening score... so triumphant! And the first season had some of the worlds best chefs in it ... Katz is SUCH a genius...and to think he was treated for cancer and almost lost his  tongue and jaw... then his sense of taste... and then after that experimental program... he got it all back!

I notice btw that he's always making sketches... in fact when I watch shows that have MIchelin level cooking in it, it seems everyone's always drawing their dishes or ideas...is this something that comes with the cooking talent... they're also really cool sketchers?

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Oh, Theuns, I could talk forever about that series..  Fell in love with it years ago when it started getting produced.  The music, and especially the  photography are oustanding!. I especially love the opening score... so triumphant! And the first season had some of the worlds best chefs in it ... Katz is SUCH a genius...and to think he was treated for cancer and almost lost his  tongue and jaw... then his sense of taste... and then after that experimental program... he got it all back!

I notice btw that he's always making sketches... in fact when I watch shows that have MIchelin level cooking in it, it seems everyone's always drawing their dishes or ideas...is this something that comes with the cooking talent... they're also really cool sketchers?

gogo

Grant Achatz? The Chef/Owner of Alinea in Chigaco? he is a genius. and I do admire him for not stopping or missing work days while getting Chemo...

The Sketching part is only some people... I am horrible at drawing or sketching... it is supposed to look like a slice of cake, with a spread, a crumble, some garnishes and ice cream... it ends up looking like a dog rolled around in mud and slipped an fell all over the paper. but I have worked with some chefs that could sketch what they wanted really well.

I just finished Volume 1 on Netflix. so Grant Achatz is the next episode.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Grant Achatz? The Chef/Owner of Alinea in Chigaco? he is a genius. and I do admire him for not stopping or missing work days while getting Chemo...

The Sketching part is only some people... I am horrible at drawing or sketching... it is supposed to look like a slice of cake, with a spread, a crumble, some garnishes and ice cream... it ends up looking like a dog rolled around in mud and slipped an fell all over the paper. but I have worked with some chefs that could sketch what they wanted really well.

2 hours ago, Delta! said:

Massimo Bottura was my favorite from book one... so funny, humble, passionate, intelligent... and a great cook to boot!!

:hugs:

gogo

On 12/15/2018 at 9:01 PM, gogoblender said:

Amazing Trailer! They didnt give away too much either... can hardly wait!... is this coming out on networks?

gogo

Its a theater release I believe. Memorial weekend. 

• Like! 1

Das Boot, TV series currently running in German pay TV. It is very loosely based on the book and movie 'Das Boot'. To make it a series the plot had to be bigger, more involved families, love, resistance against nazis, ....

The women in my household like it. Well it is surely one of the better series. But why they had to name it after one of the best movies ever.

The older people like me will compare it with the movie, a fight the series can't win. The younger, not knowing the movie, will take it as what it is: a very good series.

• Like! 1
On 12/18/2018 at 9:36 PM, Veracious said:

Its a theater release I believe. Memorial weekend. 

talking about theatre releases... gonna be down in the states for the next week and planning on seeing EVERYTHING

WOOT

:bounce:

gogo

On 12/19/2018 at 2:55 AM, chattius said:

Das Boot, TV series currently running in German pay TV. It is very loosely based on the book and movie 'Das Boot'. To make it a series the plot had to be bigger, more involved families, love, resistance against nazis, ....

The women in my household like it. Well it is surely one of the better series. But why they had to name it after one of the best movies ever.

The older people like me will compare it with the movie, a fight the series can't win. The younger, not knowing the movie, will take it as what it is: a very good series.

the original was supposed to be one of the big video classics out there ... Love seeing that they're "rebooting" even this... everything is possible or rebootable

:D

gogo

Guys... IN ONE NIGHT...just binge watched Body Guard... more than ninety percent on tomato meter, BBC's MOST popular mini series ever and available on netflix...the pacing, MUSIC and finale just blew my mind... anyone?

gogo

On 12/21/2018 at 3:13 PM, gogoblender said:

talking about theatre releases... gonna be down in the states for the next week and planning on seeing EVERYTHING

WOOT

:bounce:

gogo

What state? What area? Hope you enjoy

On 12/22/2018 at 8:49 PM, Veracious said:

What state? What area? Hope you enjoy

In Bethesday MD...just got in a few days ago with a pretty horrible christmas cough... but looks like its nothing that Mom's good ole rice and curry can't handle.  And... we just got out of our first big movie watch.. Into the SpideyVerse... Holy Hannah is it ever goood!.  Great animation and split second editing/timing makes the gags perfect.  I dont think the hero universe is goin anywhere... for a first watch for the holidays this was a clear Winner Pick!

gogo

• Like! 1
On 12/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, Veracious said:

Better get all your marvel shows in while you can lol

Hey...theres a show here on American Netflix...theopening few minutes looked intriguing and I saw a few of the trailers... any good? We dont get that on CAD netflix back home

gogo

And... boy oh boy have we seen a lot movies here...here's my ratings of them so far

Spiderman Into the spider verse.. nine! ...you guys saw my complete review up a few posts above...just outstanding... who doesn't want to see where this ride will take us next!!

The Mule - Seven! ...yah yah everyone loves clint EastWood...and the movie's content and editing was good...kept me interested, specially narcotics mexican mafia movies...but this was certainly no Sicario...still has some chops... to it earns a seven... okay maybe a strong seven. (If EastWood's not in a cowboy movie his acting can make me grind my teeth :4rofl: )

Aquaman - Seven ...not as half baked as what a lot of critics have written for it...but I love the effects...and for me ..it was ALL about that scene where they go to the Abyss...that alone was was the cost of entry... then again...im a sci fi fan :D

The Grinch - Yes it's a kids movie...but it's done SO WELL.  Great captures, editing, good voices ...

I loved Jim Carry in the last iteration and heck I may even watch it tonight before before flying back home.  This latest Grinch is so fuzzy and cute...you just wanna poke him :D

I'd give it a seven

gogo

• Like! 1
18 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hey...theres a show here on American Netflix...theopening few minutes looked intriguing and I saw a few of the trailers... any good? We dont get that on CAD netflix back home

gogo

You didn't say what show you're referring to....

3 hours ago, Veracious said:

You didn't say what show you're referring to....

ahahah, sorry!

The Magicians!

I actually watched more of that first episode...its pulling me in..:) 

lol worth it?

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

ahahah, sorry!

The Magicians!

I actually watched more of that first episode...its pulling me in..:) 

lol worth it?

gogo

Oh lord yes. Absolutely. The third season comes out on syfy in January or February. Its a cable show so you should be able to watch at home, I would think, after you catch up on Netflix. I don't know what channels you get up there

Edited by Veracious
15 minutes ago, Veracious said:

Oh lord yes. Absolutely. The third season comes out on syfy in January or February. Its a cable show so you should be able to watch at home, I would think, after you catch up on Netflix. I don't know what channels you get up there

Yah I’m on episode three .. I’m hooked ! 

👾

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

👾

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

👾

gogo

Its a post prime time show so it gets a little dark at times. But it's awesome and gets very mature. 

• Like! 1
On 12/28/2018 at 10:42 PM, Veracious said:

Its a post prime time show so it gets a little dark at times. But it's awesome and gets very mature. 

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...the magicians be gone.. not showing here in Canada:cry: 

I'm having to re reroute systems...im actually watching a carton now by guillermo del toro...he made pan's labyrinth  and Hell Boy... Stayed through first two episodes and im hooked... This is DreamWorks and there stuff is exceptionally well written, dialoged and animated

gogo

22 hours ago, gogoblender said:

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...the magicians be gone.. not showing here in Canada:cry: 

I'm having to re reroute systems...im actually watching a carton now by guillermo del toro...he made pan's labyrinth  and Hell Boy... Stayed through first two episodes and im hooked... This is DreamWorks and there stuff is exceptionally well written, dialoged and animated

gogo

Magicians is cable tv. You might be able to get some of it on the syfy website. New season on tv end of this month. 23rd I believe. 

Edited by Veracious
On 1/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, Veracious said:

Magicians is cable tv. You might be able to get some of it on the syfy website. New season on tv end of this month. 23rd I believe. 

I've been holding back on getting Cable... must...re...sist... I've only gotten into Netflix cuz it just become so ubiquitous... and me and three of us are sharing the costs across the states and Canada (muhahhah :devil: ) 

I'll see if there are any other sites offering or maybe I'll hit up one of my friends who has like terrabytes worth of stuff just gathering dust.

Veraccious to you keep tons of old movies at home too, like a download hoarder?

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I've been holding back on getting Cable... must...re...sist... I've only gotten into Netflix cuz it just become so ubiquitous... and me and three of us are sharing the costs across the states and Canada (muhahhah :devil: ) 

I'll see if there are any other sites offering or maybe I'll hit up one of my friends who has like terrabytes worth of stuff just gathering dust.

Veraccious to you keep tons of old movies at home too, like a download hoarder?

gogo

I don't download. If I like something enough to own I just get the dvd. 

But what I meant about cable was you should check the channel's website. They post the week to week episodes. When magicians starts this month you'll still be able to watch online on the syfy website a day or two after the original airing. You won't need to wait until you come back to the states for Netflix.