Currently Watching...

Omnicide

BrightBurn

I remember this getting into my "awareness radar" a while back when it first appeared on trailers.  I actually like every sentiment in the trailer, the cinematography is superb, who doesnt like the directorial efforts of James Gunn (aks Guardians of the Galaxy) ... and that story.. I just had to watch this because of the incredible idea of a COUNTER origin story to Superman..and where it leads to.

Well... not anywhere kind, and extraordinarily gruesome... if that last scene from Jeepers Creepers (the first one) broke your heart, then hold on...  I stayed till the end of this macabre mish mash for that reveal... ayup gruesome...but this is nothing that the trailers did not forewarn us about.

hey... what about that eyeball scene huh ^^

:ooo:

gogo

Anyone seen swamp thing? So aggravated it only got one season due to production costs. The only great thing DC has made in years and probably the only show worth getting the dceu app for and they already killed it. So mad.

Edited by Veracious
On 8/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, gogoblender said:

BrightBurn

I remember this getting into my "awareness radar" a while back when it first appeared on trailers.  I actually like every sentiment in the trailer, the cinematography is superb, who doesnt like the directorial efforts of James Gunn (aks Guardians of the Galaxy) ... and that story.. I just had to watch this because of the incredible idea of a COUNTER origin story to Superman..and where it leads to.

Well... not anywhere kind, and extraordinarily gruesome... if that last scene from Jeepers Creepers (the first one) broke your heart, then hold on...  I stayed till the end of this macabre mish mash for that reveal... ayup gruesome...but this is nothing that the trailers did not forewarn us about.

hey... what about that eyeball scene huh ^^

:ooo:

gogo

This movie was really good. That kid was creepy af! Crazy anti superman story

For fans of the superhero genre definitely check out amazon prime's new show "the boys". Fantastic show. Can't say enough good things about it. Not kid friendly just fyi.

Edited by Veracious
On 8/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, Veracious said:

For fans of the superhero genre definitely check out amazon prime's new show "the boys". Fantastic show. Can't say enough good things about it. Not kid friendly just fyi.

I got Amazon Prime free for a month... awesome! and comes with a bunch of shows not on Netflix...PLUS..I can also try its feeder video channels for free for a month... Hayu for top chef and Shudder for Horror ( who woulda thunk it :D)   First time I kept repeatedly checking out was The Boys... looks hard core, violent and just so fresh ... tonight gonna dig into it, and will probably do two episodes a night.... here we go!

:superman:

gogo

HOly chalah breakd...just... holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...just first episode was just ... deadly.  I'd never think that the super hero niche could go anywhere spectacularly new or exciting...but this dead... and in such a such a smart, edgy and dark dark way... I can never guess what's going to happen, and we're holding out for one episode per night... we' have umber three tonight... first episode... POOR  Starlight!!.. Guys... are we seriously seeing  a metaphor of the "Me Too" story being played out here with Supes as a the villain/victims?  Brilliant... cant tear my eyes away

:oooo:

gogo

On 8/21/2019 at 6:33 AM, gogoblender said:

HOly chalah breakd...just... holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...just first episode was just ... deadly.  I'd never think that the super hero niche could go anywhere spectacularly new or exciting...but this dead... and in such a such a smart, edgy and dark dark way... I can never guess what's going to happen, and we're holding out for one episode per night... we' have umber three tonight... first episode... POOR  Starlight!!.. Guys... are we seriously seeing  a metaphor of the "Me Too" story being played out here with Supes as a the villain/victims?  Brilliant... cant tear my eyes away

gogo

In the comic books it was every guy not just him. 

This has to be one of the most thoroughly enjoyable viewings I've seen on TV Lately. In fact, maybe one of the most enjoyable Heroe sagas I've seen ever.  Homelander is just so... NUTS... he's so one dimensional, as compared to the other characters and I think thats what makes him the most terrifying.  The way he's been directed, make up and almost-oldschool- painted ventrilloguist dummy face... terrifying to watch.. you never know what he'll do and thats unnerving.  Cant believe theres only two more left!!

:)

gogo

Stuff I've been watching lately on Netflix:

Love, Death and Robots

This a truly eclectic group of 18 animated shorts, each one about 10-15 minutes.  There's no unifying them, other than they all have a fantasy/sci-fi bent.  The tone and style of each episode is very different, ranging from cartoony lighthearted comedies to highly detailed heavy thrillers.

Toast of London

This show is so dumb and so hilarious.  Matt Berry was in the IT Crowd which was where I heard of him.  It's the same type of British humor.

• Like! 1

I loved robots... pretty gruesome, violent, no holds barred.. I still cant decide which of them I loved the most.. but the entire experience was pretty breathless at times, though I did think some of them were a little slow.  And... dont throw stuff at me :tomato:...but.. I never really got brit style humor... I know im horrible

:lol:

gogo

On 8/22/2019 at 8:46 PM, Veracious said:

In the comic books it was every guy not just him. 

Finished watching the last episode of The Boys... just.. SO SATISFYING... yes

and... did we want more... YES

I could hardly process what happened...just thinking that the sentiment to drive us to where the last scene got us to was just too good...  

this is one of the best things I've seen on TV lately...

what do you do for an encore... what else is there...

:cry:

gogo

On 8/31/2019 at 5:05 PM, gogoblender said:

Finished watching the last episode of The Boys... just.. SO SATISFYING... yes

and... did we want more... YES

I could hardly process what happened...just thinking that the sentiment to drive us to where the last scene got us to was just too good...  

this is one of the best things I've seen on TV lately...

what do you do for an encore... what else is there...

gogo

Hahaha I really don't know. They're already filming season 2 though

Then im down for a second season! It's unfortunate one of my friends at work said she stopped watching it after three or four episodes...said the violence was just too over the top for her...and...ayup..I get it :blink:...

In the mean time...I think I only have like ten or twelve days left of my free membership with Amazon and all the other side channels that come for free with it...  but for now..its back to classic Netflix...

and... helloooooooooooooooooo The Dark Crystal...

Pure beauty... we are enthralled and watching one episode per night..its just as gruesome (in a kind muppetesque way :lol: ) as ever

:devil:

gogo

10 hours ago, Veracious said:

I want to watch the dark crystal. Waiting to convince my gf lol. Maybe this weekend

I watched the first episode last night.  There are 10 episodes, and each is an hour long! It looks amazingly authentic.  Really visually appealing.

I can't tell if they're tweaking the backstory that was established in the first movie, or if they're just waiting to reveal the "truth" about the bad guys.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

I watched the first episode last night.  There are 10 episodes, and each is an hour long! It looks amazingly authentic.  Really visually appealing.

I can't tell if they're tweaking the backstory that was established in the first movie, or if they're just waiting to reveal the "truth" about the bad guys.

It's intended to be a straight prequel. I don't recall the details of the original. But I gotta get my gf to watch this now! 

49 minutes ago, Veracious said:

It's intended to be a straight prequel. I don't recall the details of the original. But I gotta get my gf to watch this now! 

Yeah it's a prequel, and almost everything about it lines up perfectly (tone, visuals, story details), It just seems to be ignoring the big revelation at the end of the first movie, but again that may just be something they're waiting to deal with later.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, Veracious said:

On 9/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, Flix said:

Yeah it's a prequel, and almost everything about it lines up perfectly (tone, visuals, story details), It just seems to be ignoring the big revelation at the end of the first movie, but again that may just be something they're waiting to deal with later.

This was a great journey. Music, sound effects and especially the visual angles  made this series a joy.  I saw some critiques saying that you had to be some kind of mad fan to enjoy this, but I honestly thought there was enough great content to make the story something enjoyable for even first time visitors to this world.  I felt there was just so much content flying out so quickly, that for a few of the episodes, I had to rewind and watch over and over again just to make sure I didnt miss treasured details.  Ograh...what a joy... I know that dance scene where she reaches out the world can come off as being corny...and in deed for a few minutes I could feel the arch of my brow aching to go up...but as I kept watching and felt the non-on beat rhythmic thumping and great camera technique I just fell into it with reverie.  

Ayup...recommended...

gogo

On 9/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, Flix said:

I thought it was fantastic.  My only complaints are minor: the elevation of Aughra from a mysterious oracle side character (movie) to the mother, guardian spirit, and basically goddess of the entire planet.  

That and the dramatic shifts in tone from comedy to drama to horror were sometimes a little jarring.  Some characters were so very Sesame Street (the puppet show opera) and then it would be followed by something horrific like the fate of the Gruenaks.

The series was definitely one of the best views we had this year. I find myself going back to specific episodes just to revisit feelings of horror and pure joy during the music scenes. And you're right...the meshing/ battling of comfort/horror because they're puppets...fascinates me. I was completely taken off guard by these qualities in the first episode when the horrific essence drainings were taking place... and... didnt you just find that scene of the bright lights off the top of the skeksis carriage aimed at the village targets in preparation for their enslave just unbelievably powerful and cruelly imgainative

... who thinks up these camera angles and visuals. 

gogo

• Like! 1

We're currently watching Mind Hunter ... :eek: ... ranked with a hearty 96 on TomatoMeter:) How could I have missed this gem ...and for years.  

Great score, music and passionate...the writing is brilliant...I wish I could talk as wittily as these characters do in real life.  I find at times I'm wondering whats happening... that first bar scene where they are talking and its impossible to understand what they are saying to each other...then you realize that this is purposefully meant that way and this series could be going the way of a mind bender itself?

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Veracious said:

Season 2 of titans is so good so far. Its turning into a young justice

Will keep an eye out for it...hopefully itll get released on netflix or  maybe in a few months ill buy a month for amazon movies, and just binge watch everything :superman:

We're still thoroughly hooked on MindHunters... episode 9... Yah its talk-heavy..but SO GOOD

gogo

On 10/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, gogoblender said:

Will keep an eye out for it...hopefully itll get released on netflix or  maybe in a few months ill buy a month for amazon movies, and just binge watch everything :superman:

We're still thoroughly hooked on MindHunters... episode 9... Yah its talk-heavy..but SO GOOD

gogo

Yea it's the story of how the u.s. govt started the federal behavioral analysis department and profiling serial killers. The prison interviews and the guidelines etc. I didn't watch the whole thing, my gf did. 

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, Veracious said:

Yea it's the story of how the u.s. govt started the federal behavioral analysis department and profiling serial killers. The prison interviews and the guidelines etc. I didn't watch the whole thing, my gf did. 

Its absolutely nail biting, intelligent  and... creepy... had the first bad dream in a looooooooooong time last night after watching the now famous second season third episode... almost halfway through second season... shows a gem, though not light-hearted easily digestible are at all.  and needs repeated viewing and research...I keep having to look up references on my phone while watching to catch what they are talking about

Good ole David Fincher..I see so much from the social network and ond of my all time favorites... 7even

gogo