Currently Watching...

Omnicide

On 1/1/2020 at 9:54 AM, Gilberticus said:

Logan's Run taught me two things: 1)bras become extinct in the future and 2) It looks like you could be far more liberal with the "PG" rating in the '70s compared to now.

Logan's Run.. god I loved that when it first came out... best gun blasters ever made... and Farah Fawcett Majors... 

:starwars:

gogo

On 1/1/2020 at 9:54 AM, Gilberticus said:

Logan's Run taught me two things: 1)bras become extinct in the future and 2) It looks like you could be far more liberal with the "PG" rating in the '70s compared to now.

Logan's Run... I loved when that came out... Best Gun Blaster ever...

Loved that movie...there wasn't so much Sci Fi out on Tv back then, and we'd eat up pretty much anything that showed up... the movie was a gem

:starwars:

gogo

Tried The Expanse, seemed a bit too gritty and slow for me just now.  Ended up settling on Good Omens, which is really fun.  It's a 6 episode mini-series based on the novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.  I'm 3 episodes in currently.  Really delightful.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:27 PM, Veracious said:

Watched Dracula on Netflix. 3 part mini series, about 3 1/2 hours. Really interesting. Supposedly already planning a second season. 

We just finished The Witcher... loved it.. that song keeps running through my head :crazy: 

And... Dracula's next on the hitlist... lets see what the blood suckah has been up to!

:drool:

gogo

On 1/14/2020 at 6:11 AM, Augmint said:

Just watched the first two episodes of The Outsider (based on a Stephen King novel). Has some familiar faces. 

The outsider... stephen king.. sooooooooooooo long ago!   Spooky book! I remember this pulling quite a few heart and creep strings

:lol::oooo: 

gogo

fun actors 

On 1/5/2020 at 11:23 AM, Flix said:

Tried The Expanse, seemed a bit too gritty and slow for me just now.  Ended up settling on Good Omens, which is really fun.  It's a 6 episode mini-series based on the novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.  I'm 3 episodes in currently.  Really delightful.

The Expanse is still ther on my list to watch... just been working so much even at night that havent had a chance to see this yet.  I'm usually good with tomatoes readings, and this one hit the nineties..  Good Omens has some great actors.. the one in the trailer has been in Pasengers, for me, a break through role

:)

gogo

On 1/15/2020 at 6:45 AM, gogoblender said:

We just finished The Witcher... loved it.. that song keeps running through my head :crazy: 

And... Dracula's next on the hitlist... lets see what the blood suckah has been up to!

:drool:

gogo

Dont set your standards too high. It's gotten mixed reactions. The first episode is probably the best

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Veracious said:

Dont set your standards too high. It's gotten mixed reactions. The first episode is probably the best

You know... I was rechecking the trailers over a few times... really wanted this to be a good series... I'm gonna hang out at least for that first series to see how it goes.  I am a huge fan of the Coppola masterpiece and occasionally re-watch it... stunning cinematography,  great pacing and one of the best villains of all time.. so good you could actually empathize with his plight... 

gogo

• Like! 1

Just finished watching Messiah, what a surprise this series was. 

The trailer engaged me and a few friends from work also highly rated it.  Just finished watching it back to back in a huge netflix session..  Production values are terrific, they have built very solid, detailed characters and... you just dont know  which side is "true"... u have to stick it out to the end.  Super volatile topic, but maybe it's the way that it's been handled that drew me in.

recommended

gogo

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Veracious said:

So my latest viewings have been Birds of prey, the gift (foreign Netflix), and Omniscient (foreign Netflix).I enjoyed all three

We saw all of Dracula... Hell Yah!.. .and I'm here now in Potomac with my Mom visiting for the week... catching up on all the American Netflix... woot!  I saw Dracula again for the second time with her... I love the series and love that its only three episodes... recommended!

Also... I saw the first ep of Omniscient... very scary, creepy but absolutely believable futurist idea... we KNOW this is coming if its not here already right ? Birds of Prey?  U know im here at my mom's work place now, just reading the net and chatting...and I saw your post Mike ... for a second we were going to see Parasite...it got almost a 100 ...but mom's already seen it and i was weary about her having to sit through a super hero movie... till now... looks like Tomatoes gave Birds of Prey a pretty good rating...

Any feedback on the movie?

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

We saw all of Dracula... Hell Yah!.. .and I'm here now in Potomac with my Mom visiting for the week... catching up on all the American Netflix... woot!  I saw Dracula again for the second time with her... I love the series and love that its only three episodes... recommended!

Also... I saw the first ep of Omniscient... very scary, creepy but absolutely believable futurist idea... we KNOW this is coming if its not here already right ? Birds of Prey?  U know im here at my mom's work place now, just reading the net and chatting...and I saw your post Mike ... for a second we were going to see Parasite...it got almost a 100 ...but mom's already seen it and I was weary about her having to sit through a super hero movie... till now... looks like Tomatoes gave Birds of Prey a pretty good rating...

Any feedback on the movie?

gogo

Sorry I got this late. It's very casual viewing. It's a fun movie not an award winner. It can be over the top at times. The action is great but the story telling is purposely disjointed because harley is the narrator and she's psychotic. Just don't set a high cinematic bar. Go for the fun

15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Sold

we're gonna watch it tomorrow... I guess I'll get to Parasite on my own Canada side

gogo

Parasite was eh for me. Don't know why it got movie of the year

16 minutes ago, Veracious said:

Parasite was eh for me. Don't know why it got movie of the year

We saw Birds of Prey... really liked it... like an 8 on ten?  I thought the cinematography was superb... just tight editing... 

I was afraid I'd get bored when starting on this film, but right off the bat the narrative drew me in.  Ex of Joker! absolutely loved how they really dug deep...that her early protection was all wiped, and she was a lonely girl, alone and vulnerable to all the nasty denizens of Gotham on the road for pay back...deeeelightful stuff :blink:

I also REALLY loved the stunts.  I"m so used to seeing high intensity fight shoots like this in Matrix style bullet time...but over and over they kept her in real time with weapon strikes and hard punches and slaps all slowing in real time... I loved the effort they put into this...especially as it made it perticlarly convincing that she was the one actually giving out the beats! :lol: 

Havent read any of the reviews or trailers of this movie...but dang, she musta trained!

:superman:

ggo

44 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

We saw Birds of Prey... really liked it... like an 8 on ten?  I thought the cinematography was superb... just tight editing... 

I was afraid I'd get bored when starting on this film, but right off the bat the narrative drew me in.  Ex of Joker! absolutely loved how they really dug deep...that her early protection was all wiped, and she was a lonely girl, alone and vulnerable to all the nasty denizens of Gotham on the road for pay back...deeeelightful stuff :blink:

I also REALLY loved the stunts.  I"m so used to seeing high intensity fight shoots like this in Matrix style bullet time...but over and over they kept her in real time with weapon strikes and hard punches and slaps all slowing in real time... I loved the effort they put into this...especially as it made it perticlarly convincing that she was the one actually giving out the beats! :lol: 

Havent read any of the reviews or trailers of this movie...but dang, she musta trained!

:superman:

ggo

She did a lot of calisthenics and ribbon dancing to get in dancer shape especially for the booty shorts in suicide squad. She's super flexible and did a lot of the action herself. Not sure about actual stunts. You might be able to find interviews on youtube to find out 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Netlix's original anime Castlevania.  Very good stuff.  Season 3 is about to begin in a week.

P.S. this is just the first fraction of one of the most epic fight scenes I've ever seen.

• Like! 1
12 hours ago, Flix said:

I've been watching Netlix's original anime Castlevania.  Very good stuff.  Season 3 is about to begin in a week.

P.S. this is just the first fraction of one of the most epic fight scenes I've ever seen.

Me and Schot LOVE this show!  The entire series is beautifully written and animated... so ultra violent...  Where they go with magic, science and character development is just outstanding.  I'm stoked that there's a third year coming out... I can never predict where this show goes, and I adore the way that magic is expressed and animated  in this series...that magic user is dang powerful and exciting to watch.

gogo

• Like! 1

I saw Vampire Hunter in Netflix lists...I'll give it a go on your rec... and... there's just question that Coppola's masterpiece is that... a masterpiece :superman: ... Have you seen Netflix's new Dracula mini-series though...three parts?  SMASHING.. ultra violent, and a GREAT performance from Claes Bang ... he's just over the top.... this is a must view!

image.png

:thumbsup:

gogo

Call me a Barbarian, or a Cave Man, errrm, I dont got Netflix nor other Internet based TV channels. I assume I will find some snippets on youtube. Will give it a try, though. :smile: 

Vampire Hunter D was the first anime I saw that wasn't for little kids.  I remember watching in the 90's and being blown away.

Same for Coppola's Dracula, I love that film!  @gogoblender I'll check out the new Netflix Dracula, might be good.

No discussion of Dracula anime would be complete without mentioning Hellsing.  There was an anime around 2001, but I'd recommend the more recent Hellsing Ultimate, which follows the manga more closely.