Currently Watching...

Omnicide

On 10/26/2019 at 10:58 PM, Veracious said:

Finished season 2 of Impulse from YouTube red. The show is so good

The day that shows up on NetFlix.. im in!

And... we have just started watching a new show on NetFlix... Living with Yourself...

A absolutely outstanding spooky, dark comedy series with the BEST new score sound track I've heard in years... kind of like Phillip Glass Minimalism on Contemporary testosterone... I dont want to give away anything from this series as each episode is a key to another...just  riveting to watch.. Paul Rudd take a bow sir

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

The day that shows up on NetFlix.. im in!

And... we have just started watching a new show on NetFlix... Living with Yourself...

A absolutely outstanding spooky, dark comedy series with the BEST new score sound track I've heard in years... kind of like Phillip Glass Minimalism on Contemporary testosterone... I dont want to give away anything from this series as each episode is a key to another...just  riveting to watch.. Paul Rudd take a bow sir

I might have to work up to this. I'm not a comedy fan. Lol 

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Veracious said:

Has anyone seen Carnival Row? It's on amazon prime

I saw a few trailers of it from amazon...looks incredible..isnt it also having to do a bit with lovecraft

:)

gogo

On 11/29/2019 at 8:17 PM, gogoblender said:

I saw a few trailers of it from amazon...looks incredible..isnt it also having to do a bit with lovecraft

gogo

I heard lovecraft mentioned once before but I never read him so I don't know the correlation. But it is good. Not for children, there's some undressed relations. Lol

Just finished watching this  Netflix.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Don't get the accolades keep you away thinking this is some sort of art house pic..its nothing but.

Violent, surprising, gruesome and so, so punchy...  studded with stand out performances from one of the best lineups in years.. Harrelson, Rockwell, and ...she has GOT to be my favorite actress to watch these days ... Frances McDormand ... this is one of the best movies in years...

watch it

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Veracious said:

The Witcher is out on Netflix!

hahah Mike i was waiting for you to post about this...just saw the notice last night..but havent even watched a trailer year... we're saving it up to go watch the entire thing at my cousin's place this Christmas... Holiday Knocke out!

gogo

If you've played the games you'll enjoy it! Henry Cavill is doing an awesome job at capturing Geralt. 
Currently on episode 4 here I think. Good content with hour long episodes!

Thinking about getting the books as well...

1 hour ago, Veracious said:

Only done with ep3 so far. Really interested to see where it all comes together

Your and I have pretty close tastes... this means it’s gonna be good... Family is all waitingit to see it this Christmas up in the country!

😊🙌😊

gogo

Finished all 8 episodes. So mad it ended where it did. I really needed to see what happened after. But alas they left it a cliff hanger! Those b*st*rds! 

Edited by Veracious

We saw the first episode with a bunch of people around us during Christmas and missed so much of the dialogue but liked it and tried to get into the second ep which I found interesting but I was so tired ( and perhaps :drunkards:) that I had to give up... we started watching the second ep again but this time with subtitles on and I absolutely was torn by the elf king talking about their massive losses.  I found the acting great, the writing strong, and am in love with this series. It's got I guess just enough magic and is perhaps not as well funded as Game of Thrones...but I love the story being told and think that Henry Cavill has done a great job with this new portrayal and loved that first battle scene! 

We liked Witcher so much that we stopped watching it at episode two and have saved it for home viewing...  zonked now after being in Christmas Land with the family for last three days but we'll catch it tomorrow after work... can hardly wait to see where this goes

:viking:

googo

I've seen Living With Yourself, which I liked, I loved The Witcher, just finished the new season of The Magicians, and waiting on Season 2 of Dead to Me. I wish Netflix would bring back Lexx and Farscape. And The League! And It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! It will be a sad, sad day when they yank Haven. 

• Like! 1

Phew!  I finished The Mandalorian and The Witcher last night... so now what?  Need my fantasy fix.  Maybe I'll check His Dark Materials next.

I've been chipping away at the newest season of It's Always Sunny. 4 episodes in and so far it's been ok.

• Like! 1
On 12/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, Flix said:

Phew!  I finished The Mandalorian and The Witcher last night... so now what?  Need my fantasy fix.  Maybe I'll check His Dark Materials next.

I've been chipping away at the newest season of It's Always Sunny. 4 episodes in and so far it's been ok.

I LOVE the Witcher! This is my first encounter full force with its world and concepts... absolutely adore the writing, actors, and the music... well the music just makes me swoon :gogo: ... we've only watched two episodes and have watched them a number of times :lol: because of people around us the first time. The Mandalorian.. well I got tired of Star Wars constantly pulling from its now tiring ( to me at least) music scores...that john williams sound... fascinated me when I was younger but the last few episodes of the movies were :yawn:  :lol: My cousin saw the last one however, and I'm stoked to watch maybe this Tuesday... hoping that others from here can convince me the Mandalorian is worth the watch? 

I've heard insane good about The Expanse... stellar ratings on Netflix...  could this serve your search?

gogo

On 12/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, Gilberticus said:

I've seen Living With Yourself, which I liked, I loved The Witcher, just finished the new season of The Magicians, and waiting on Season 2 of Dead to Me. I wish Netflix would bring back Lexx and Farscape. And The League! And It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! It will be a sad, sad day when they yank Haven. 

Because of Veracious I saw a few episodes of that series on American Netflix... very awesome

And Living with yourself is nothing less than breakthrough...the music alone.. contemporary minimalism on steroids

All hail Anna Meredith!

gogo

9 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

hoping that others from here can convince me the Mandalorian is worth the watch? 

Well, let me put it this way... I have no time for the new trilogy. It did nothing for me, and I am a long time fan of Star Wars.  All it did was remake the original trilogy with less charisma, and just relied on nostalgia to fuel itself.

But The Mandalorian did it for me. It was exactly what I wanted from Star Wars.  Not another Jedi/Sith conflict based on the Skywalker family tree.  An actual interesting original story with unique characters, that still felt grounded in the familiar Star Wars universe, without hitting you over the head with callbacks and references to the original trilogy. The visual design feels authentic, not cheap.  The writing and pacing is solid, the characters interesting and their dialogue well-written.

I hate to oversell it, but it's the best Star Wars thing I've seen aside from the original trilogy and Rogue One.

9 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I've heard insane good about The Expanse... stellar ratings on Netflix...  could this serve your search?

I think that might do the trick! One of my buddies at work is always talking about how it's "hard" sci-fi, grounded in real understanding of physics, astronomy, etc. I think they even had real scientist consultants for the show.  I'll check it out this week.

• Like! 1

Three Billboards looks good! I shall watch it one day! I like movies where a lioness moves right in and crashes the whole party!

Speaking of Star Wars, do you notice that you, the fans, are getting dragged through the arena like an ox? I mean, the studio´s main goal is to squeeze as much money out of you as possible. Who´s next on the list?

I don't see the Expanse on Netflix, must not be in my region. However, while looking for it, I came across something that looks like I should have seen it but missed it somehow: Logan's Run. I think I'll give that one a whirl. 

On 12/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, Flix said:

If you have access to amazon prime shows in any capacity, try carnival row.