Epic Office walkthrough

Yup.. Actually, it's a Word 2000/XP/2003 era document.

Btw.. Getting to the switch in the first part of the quest can also be done a bit easier. When you get to the Archeologist Camp, simply go to the portal, then go behind it. There's a small gap in the trees you can go through - from there, simply go north until you run into the hills - and then head east along the ridge. It's a bit easier as you only have to defend yourself from 3 sides as opposed to all 4..! :D

Keep going until you can't go any further east and then head south. You should see the big T-Energy pool - keep going as you put it - cross the river and find the cave underground.

Oh.. And as an extra challenge, I ususally hit the switch about the time I hit Teardrop Hamlet. And for even more fun, I make a running dash for first Khorum, then the Archeologist camp - all while avoiding killing anything and being killed in the process. This isn't for the feint of heart!

There's method to the madness though... By avoiding fights in areas where I'm overpowered, I don't gain too much in the way of extra XP. I found that when I do try to beat everything into submission along the way, I level up at least a few times - and that tends to throw the rest of the Elf region off. I wind up having to schlep through the rest of the area beating up on white ringed baddies which isn't much of a challenge - and I don't catch up with the green or yellow baddies until I'm into Artamark.

FWIW, I do try to be at least level 45 or so before I do this - Yellow baddies are one thing - but red ones are just a wee too much over my head.. There are a few points where you do kinda have to fight - like the above mentioned area where you go behind the portal to get to the other side.

Well let's see...

Stradahl's Hammer - a Legendary level hammer - stats are kinda meh... But hey.. TIS LEGENDARY!

Ellen's Commitment - the other half of Keyser's Luck - a set of 2 rings. Benny "voodoobenshee" Keyser drops the first part - Benny's Promise - in the swamps.

A third prize that eludes me at the moment.

There's also the usual lot of cash and potions and such.

And of course, there's the satisfaction of completing the bloody thing. :D It's EPIC because it's a major schlep all over Ancaria. You have to get the quest, then have to go pretty much back to the start to catch all 89 of the employees - in the Elf territory, Artamark, Nor Platt, Seraphim Island and the Dragonsea Islands, the swamp, the desert, the jungle, Dryad Island and the wastelands. Then when you get that LAST employee in the Great Machine complex, you have to go back to Teardrop Hamlet, go through the T-Energy fields, and then back to the Office to claim your prize.

Of course, if we had the Sacred Wiki up, I could steer you to the entry on the EOQ...

Good thing the EOQ is mostly intact on the Wayback machine. Check it out here...

Edited by wolfie2kX

What is the reward for this accomplishment ultimately?

It's also one of the only quests in the game that has this legendary drop as guarantee. This means, since the weps scale, you can actually plan an entire build around a legendary... but you have to keep running this quest.

:)

gogo

I put this into a text document when I was figuring out how to find all the employees. Since the wiki is still down -- I'm posting the walk through here. Just in case my computer goes south and I lose the document.

ACTIVATE THE SWITCH
The first step in this quest is to click the switch inside a small cave south and east of the Archeologist Camp. You will find the closest portal to this location is the Archeologist Camp.
If you are in bronze, you may want to play through the main quest until you reach this location. By the time you get there, you will be high enough level so that locating the cave is possible.
It is possible to reach this location by following the road out of Teardrop Hamlet. The road goes around a short mountain range and then into the desert. You will go through the city of Khorum, the next stop on the road will be the Archeologist camp. Since you have already activated the portal/gate near Teardrop Hamlet, you can also give this route a try at any time, rather than waiting until you have completed the main quest up to the point where it guides you to the Archeologist camp.
Once you have reached the camp, follow the road south to the river. Turn east and follow the river bank until you cannot go any further. You will need to head north and go around both forest and mountain and then south again to the river. I recommend checking the map often to make sure you are not getting off track. I find it very easy to be going the wrong direction.
Or you can simply head east and make sure you walk around that forest and mountain area and then go south. I know that forest around the Archeologist camp portal looks solid but there is a path through.
Cross the bridge, follow the river west and around til you see the cave. Enter the cave, kill the ghost if you need to, and activate the switch. You will receive the message "Something wonderful has just opened".
Once you leave the cave, you will want to portal to Teardrop Hamlet. That portal is the closest one to the next step in this quest.
FIND THE QUESTGIVER AND GET THE QUEST
Follow the road going southeast out of Teardrop Hamlet. You will need to wade your way through a number of mutated critters in an area filled with ponds of pooling T-energy that is on the south east side of Bluestone Lake. This will take awhile because there are so many of them. I do find myself looking at the map frequently to make sure I am heading in the right direction.
On the east side of these pools about half-way through there is a scientist with a quest mark. If you talk to him, he will ask you to kill some enemies inside a ruins he is standing near. The quest is called "T-energy Soldiers!. To complete the quest, all you need to do is go in and kill the boss and the two champions. They can be tough but this is manageable. This is not a necessary quest.
After you get through this area, you need to head a little further north and east then back south. You will find an area called Libi's Pratfall. Cross over the falls to the other side, there are several bridges. The first employee that you will be talking to after you start the quest is standing on one of the little islands at the top of the falls. His name is Andreas Liebeskind.
Head to the south east part of the last area and you will find a stairway going down to another Temple of the Gods. Go down that stairway, around the temple and over to a bridge. You will need to recross the falls at the bottom again to find the bridge that leads to the entrance to the empty office.
There is a Hydra wandering around outside. You can kill it if you want, or just head into the office. The quest giver will be standing at the end of the hallway just ahead of you. Talk to him to start the quest.
Around and near Bluestone Lake
(Blind Guardian Quest)
1. Andreas Liebeskind
Head back out, recross the falls to the temple, go up the stairs and head back accross to the first employee. Talk to him and then portal back to Teardrop Hamlet.
2. Roger Boerdijk
Follow the road that goes north from the Teardrop Hamlet portal until you reach the fork. Follow the right side fork to the coast of Lake Bluestone. Go through the small portal you find there. Roger Boerdijk will be at the top of the hill. I thought the camper parked up there was a nice touch.
3. Bastian Clarenbach
From the Teardrop Hamlet portal follow the road north to the fork. Follow the left side into and through Sonnenwind and leading northwest from Sonnenwind. When you reach the next forking, follow the road on the right side. Keep going along this road until you come to a little waystop on your right. Bastien Clarnbach is on the northern edge of this waystop.
There are a couple of quests in Sonnenheim and one at this waystop that you can do if you like, but they do not help you find this employee.
4. James Mearmann
After you talk to Bastian, follow the road on around Lake Bluestone until you get to Bluestonbury. Once you reach Bluestonbury, go down to the dock and take the small portal. That portal will take you to an area just east of Bluestonbury. You will find James Mearmann off to your left and sort of up hill from where you land after taking the small portal. He is between where you land and the river that is between this new location and Bluestonbury.
5. Janos Toth
Portal back to Teardrop Hamlet. Follow the road west toward Blessed Rock Manor. Take the road that leads south just before you get to the river. He will be near the farmstead to your right as you head south on that road.
6. Uygar Kalem
You will find Uygar at Blessed Rock Manor. Just head back up to the road after you talk to Janos Toth and west until you get to the manor. It will be a short distance on the other side of that river. Go onto the grounds and toward the northern end of the manor.
7. Lars Hammer
From Teardrop Hamlet, follow the road north and west past Sonnenwind. Follow the northward fork when you reach the first forking of the road past Sonnenwind. Keep going north until the road forks again. Take the left fork and follow that west until you come to a point where you can turn north. You will be just south of Ghargadok's Destiny Digging Site. This employee is on the other side of a bridge that goes over a ravine.
Sloeford and Western Tyr Lysia
Teleport to Sloeford. Take the road south towards Happy Cow farm. Head west along the shore line.
8. Steve Manekeller
You will find Steve Manekeller standing on a small hill overlooking the shoreline just before the first river crossing. After you talk to this employee I recommend proceeding along the coast until you come to a small fishing village. Save at the soul (resurrection) stone.
9. Stefan Ruthenberg (Pirates map and pirates treasure quests)
In order to find Stefan Ruthenberg, you need to go through a cave and out the other end. The easiest way to find the right cave is to complete the quest involving the pirate map. There are two guards standing to the north of that fishing village. In order to get the right quest for finding this employee, walk past the first guard and accept the quest from the guard just north of the first guard. The quest is a multi-step quest and the last part of it will take you to the right cave. The official title of the first quest is Captain Bloodtongue.
You can also find the key to the portal for the Legendary Pirate's Treasure quest on this section of beach.
10. Anett Bolke (go after the White Griffen)
Anett Bolke is at the northern end of Western Tyr Lysia. I recommend following the road north. There are several quests you can pick up on the way if you like. You will find her in the northern most goblin camp (it might be a kobold camp. I have trouble telling the difference). If you want to take a short cut, there is a one way small portal in the Valley of the Seraphim that takes you up to the Celestial Dome.
Thysylium and surrounding up to Clearview
11. Melanie Thieman (crop circle quest)
From Twainbrook head generally north east. This location is almost straight north from the Thysylium portal. The location is north of the goblin camp that is part of the Shadow path main quest.
The easiest way to find Melanie is to follow the walkthrough directions for the crop circle quest. She is near the location for that quest.
12. Elvin Mehmedagic
This employee is a little way south and west of Melanie Thieman. I sometimes talk to him on my way to talk to Melanie Thieman and other times talk to him on the way back to Thysylium.
The following are all directions from the Thysylium portal.
13. Ralph Armen Boettcher
This employee is located south and west of the portal. He is in a house overlooking the port. If you have not already activated the ship/port, this would be a good time to do so.
14. Anca Adelina Finta
This employee is in a townhouse just south of the portal. She is west of the building the council meets in and east of what I think of as the university headquarters. You need to go inside and then up the stairs to find her.
15. Mark Kieschke
Mark Kieschke is inside the council chambers. You will find that building south and slightly east of the Thysylium portal.
16. Steffen Schulze
Steffen Schulze is standing on a small patio like structure that is a little further south and east of Mark Kieschke.
17. Enrico Ausborn
Enrico Ausborn is standing in an almost gazebo like structure just outside the Temple of the Gods that is on an island in a lake called the Sea of Heavens. This lake is outside of Thysylium to the south and east. It is a bit tricky to get to. I have to keep looking back and forth between the map in order to navigate that area.
18. Betina Wegner (go inside the temple and grab the easter eggs on the floor in the ne corner)
Betina Wegner is standing outside the Temple of the Gods on the western side. You can start the Easter Egg quest by going inside the that temple and picking up the eggs which are on the floor in the northeast corner. Another employee is near the end point of the Easter Egg quest.
Clearview to Dragonmaw Pass
Make sure you pick up the part of the main quest located in Thysylium before heading to Clearview. You find the start to the Blind Guardian Quest just past the river crossing and before Clearview. If you haven't already done this one, you can get some nice equipment.
19. Carolyn Hacker
Carolyn Hacker is standing just outside the Runemaster's House.
20. Eric Lamberts
You will find Eric Lamberts standing near one of Blind Guardian's fans. I like waiting to do this quest until I go looking for him, because doing this quest makes him easier to find. Just head north from Cearview and he will be standing in an undead camp west of the road.
North of Dragonmaw including Griffenburough and Atamark's Gate area
21. Daniel Balster: Daniel Balstar is between Dragonmaw Pass and Griffenburough. He is just north of the road shortly before you get to Griffenburough. You will find him standing on top of a hill.
22. Peter Kullgard: You will find Peter Kullgard standing inside a house on the eastern side of Black Oaks. Black Oaks is north of the Dragonmaw Pass Gate and slightly west. Make sure to activate that portal that is just before the river crossing as you head towards the next employee.
23. Nadim Affani: You will find Nadim Affani on the top floor of a tower a little way north east of the Easter Egg end quest. The tower is at the top of a steep hill.
24. Alan Wild: is northeast of the Grunwald portal.
25. Christian Bus: The quickest way to find this employee is to go to that portal you activated on your way to talk to Nadim Affani: Then follow the road that heads northward. Turn right at the first road that heads east. It will take you to Trallheim Manor. Christian Bus is standing just inside.
26. Daniel Sawitzki: Follow the road from Trallheim Manor back out to the main road. Head northward until you reach a forking in the road (stay on the east side of the river). Follow the right forking inside the Kufferath Castle walls. You will find this employee on the western side of the castle inside the castle walls. He is standing inside a tower that is part of the wall.
27. Raymond Lingen; You will find him standing on a platform with a cannon shortly before the bridge heading north. Follow the river around from Kufferath Castle and talk to him, before you cross the river northward.
28. Ole Metzdorf: Ole Metzdorf is standing on a dock behind a house on the ocean. You need to cross the river that is just past Raymond Lingen and watch for a dirt road heading north.
After you talk to Ole, head back down to the road and then into Atamark. It would be a good idea to talk to the port master so that you have access to the ship.
29. Lars Berenbrinker: Take the western road out of Atamark's Gate. Follow a ways until there is a dirt road headed north. This employee is inside a cabin overlooking the beach.
30. Roger Swindells: Follow the coast around to Pirate Bay. Follow the bay all the way in and past the ship. Roger Swindells will be standing on the veranda of his house.
31. Ulf Winkelmann: Swing back around and follow the rocky area to the first ruin entrance on your left. You will need to go up and accross a bridge to get there. There is a quest giver outside the cave for the "Monster inside a cave" quest. You need to go into this cave and out the other side into a canyon to find Ulf Winkelmann. Killing the Banshee should give you some nice items. Once outside the cave, go down to the stream, cross the bridge and follow the path up to a cabin. This employee will be standing just outside.
Teleport back to Atamark's Gate and pick up the Ghost Village chain quest.
32. Peter Grimsehl: He is in a burnt out house in the Whisperwood area not far from where the woman is located for stage two of the first quest in this chain.
The chain quest starting with The Ghost Village must be completed before you can find the next employee. Pick this quest up by talking to the historian in Atamark's Gate on the eastern side of the village.
33. Jan Walczak: Once you complete the Ghost Village chain quest, she is in the village.
34. Jan Langermann is in the Last Watch cemetary, where the second quest in the chain starts.
35. Simon Trumpler is in Skook's corner. Simon and Daniel are standing near each other in the center of town.
36. Daniel Muller is in Skook's corner.
37. Franz Stradal: From the teleporter, follow the road outside the city wall north. He is standing next to a telescope behind a house just before you cross the bridge heading north from Griffinborough.
38. Christian Grumwald is in the Griffinborough cemetary.
39. Hans-Arno Wegner: From the Griffinborough teleporter, follow the road outside the city wall south to the southern gate. From there head into town. He is in a house in the middle of town.
Urthak's Moxie
40. Catharina Zeist is northeast of Urthak's Moxie behind a lookout tower at Point Peak.
41. Thomas Dahling is in the keep just north of the town.
The next group of employees is in the Orc lands. Make sure you have completed the part of the main quest in Orcish Byway before moving on.
Orc lands
42. Julian Pies is west of the Nor Plat gate, in a tent just north of the road to Tupak.
43. Stephan Hodes is on the coast north of Julian Pies. Follow the border wall north.
44. Marco Giertolla is south east of Ruka. He is not easy for me to find. It is necessary to go through Ruka and out the southeast entrance to that town.
45. Kay Struve is almost directly south of Tupak. If I haven't already completed the boss battles in Tupak, I usually do that before talking to her.
46. Mattias Seuss is located in Tharak just north of the monolith. Head west from Tupak accross the river and then south.
47. Jochen Hofmeier is in Karagh. Follow the road northwest out of Tharak. He is on the western edge of town. There is also a port in Karagh.
48. Torsten Meier is northwest of Karagh along the coast.
Entraug is between these employees and the rest of the employees found in the Orc lands.
49. Aarne Jungerberg can be found on the south east side of the river in Entraug.
50. Jens Eischeid is standing in a gazebo behind the Temple of the Gods that is south of Entruag. It is necessary to go to a cave at the south end of the troll area. Go through the other exit onto the island that holds this temple.
51. Peter Luber is west of Entruag. The easiest way to get there is to follow the road south out of Entruag and follow it as it goes west. He is in a stockade just south of the road before the next crossroads.
52. Michael Bustler is in the mountains south of Peter Luber. There is a path just east of where the road goes up into the mountains. Follow that to find him. Then go back to the road and follow it to a cave.
53. Michel Dumont can be found inside the next cave by following the road around after talking to Frank Rentmeister.
54. Frank Rentmeister can be found at the other exit from the cave that starts at the end of the road, inside a tent.
55. Stefan Hinz is in Za'Zurek near the player chest.
Seraphim Island and Dragon Caves
56. Mark Kulker is on the northwest part of Seraphim Island. He is slightly northwest of where you find the librarian in the main quest.
57. Helga Parmiter is in the part of the cave system where you get the Dragon Scale amulet part of the main quest. That cave also contains the Human Outpost portal.
58. Torsten Allard is in the cave that has an entrance/exit on Mer-Kil's island.
59. Marc Oberhauser is in the human settlement on MerKil's island.
60. Mark Intelmann is at the end of a peninsula on the northwest edge of Mer-Kil's island.
Swamp area
61. Daniel Dumont is standing just east of the small portal that first brings you to the swamp. There is a teleporter and a ressurection monolith just to the west of this small portal.
62. Bastien Rolf is northeast of Daniel Dumont.
63. Tobias Berghoff is northwest of Hissil'Ta.
64. Simon Kranz is east of the Hissil'Ta teleporter, up in a tree house.
65. Guido Neumann is north of the southeastern Hissil'Ta teleporter.
66. Dirk Shumacher is east of the teleporter. To get there, you need to find the path that starts at the southeastern corner of that section of the map and follow it. You will need to fight the dragon boss that he is standing near.
67. Benny Kayser is in a compound to the south of Hissil'Ta proper. He drops a ring called Benny's promise.
68. Boris Fornefeld is located west of Hassil'Ta and southeast of the Marigold Fields.
69. Antonio Bloise is directly south of the Marigold Fields. He is in the building just south of the Hisui'Sul teleporter in the back.
70. Daniel Lieske is in the southwest part of the swamp near the soul stone.
Desert Area
71. Andreas Muller is south of Khorum just off to the west of the road between Khorum and the archeologist camp.
72. Felix Schuller is in the northwestern corner of the desert area.
73. Dag Winderlich is in the southwestern corner of the desert area.
Forest area including Na Fian
74. Maxmillian Mantz is south of the Archaeologist Camp. Go east from the soul stone that is south of the river. He is at the back of a ruined temple (Temple of Tears).
75. Stefan Maton is on the second level from the top of the temple in the northeast corner.
76. Simon Voelker is in a mine. The easiest way to find him is to follow the first road south from the Archeologist camp portal and turn west at where the road forks. After you pass a pool of chi energy, there will be an area to th north. Follow that until you come to the mine entrance. He is quite a ways in. The marker shows up once you enter the mine.
77. Ralph Roder he is in a cave north of Na'Fian. Follow the coast north from Na'Fian as far as you can. You meet the quest giver for the Boathouse quest. Accept that quest. You will find the cave Ralph is in on the way to retrieving the key. Ralph is standing next to a really tough boss at the back of the cave.
78. Alexander Conde In order to reach Alexander Conde, you must first complete The Boathouse quest found north of Na'Fian. Once complete, you can access the northernmost island via the portal by boathouse. Once on upper island, proceed south to a cave at bottom of island. Go thru cave and continue south on lower island til you reach Alexander. He is right next to return portal. You also come accross the Earthlord quest while traveling to visit this employee.
Dryad Island_________________
79. Janina Gerards I find that the easiest way to get to her is to go to the Aerendyr portal. From there, follow the road north over two bridges. Then follow the coast along the east side until you get to a ford that will get you to Girvym. Follow along the southern coast of the island until you reach Janina.
80. Ralph Rudiger The easiest way to find Ralph is to head north from Aerendyr until you reach the next soul stone. There is a road heading west into a brigand camp. Ralph is in a house at the top of a hill just before you enter the camp.
81. Christiane Clarenbach This employee is standing near the runemaster in the city of [[sacred 2:Dyr-Laigh|Dyr-Laigh]] who is on the southern end of the city. You will need to go through the central part of the city. There are small portals between various parts of this city. Just be patient and keep trying, it is really easy to get lost in this city.
82. Morris Rohle This employee can be found on the road between Dyr-Laigh and Aerendyr where the road turns shortly before you reach Dyr-Laigh. He will be on the north-east side of the road.
83. Hoa Tu Ngoc There is a dirt road leading west towards this island as you head north to [[sacred 2:Na'Anthier|Na'Anthier]], follow that road until you reach the coast. The bridge is just to the south, cross it and go to the other side of the island. The employee is in a house on the beach.
84. Marcus Haeublein The easiest way to find him is from the [[sacred 2:Na'Anthier|Na'Anthier]] portal. Follow the east side of the road south until you can get through the vegetation to the west coast. Then head north until you find a ruin. He is just north of that ruin.
85. Sebastian Walter In order to find him, you have to go around from the east side of [[sacred 2:Na'Anthier|Na'Anthier]] until you can cut through the vegetation to the western coast. Then head north along the coast until you reach him.
Wastelands
86. Christian Altrogge He is standing in the Windswept Fortress near the portal.
87. Mario Endlich You need to head up to the next portal on the path to the final battle. After you cross the bridge before that portal, instead of heading north towards it, head south away from that. You will find a path at the end of the area that leads up to that Temple of the Gods. He will be standing right outside.
88. Sebastien Fleer You will find him standing near the soul stone right outside the main building where you find the final battle.
89. Frank Lunnebach You will find him in the area immediately before the one where you have to fight Nimonuil.

A great idea Cathy

gogo

It's also one of the only quests in the game that has this legendary drop as guarantee. This means, since the weps scale, you can actually plan an entire build around a legendary... but you have to keep running this quest.

gogo

IIRC, the hammer I had gave 19s RpH, which was just insane.

Edit:

Scratch that. I was thinking of a Legendary drop, not the Epic Office reward.

Edited by lujate
  • Like! 1

The rph is sick with good bargaining build... and didn't it have additive life as well? Not bad for a guaranteed wep...reminds me of the seraphim protype from the original SAcred...that was a horror, but so much fun to actually complete! Anther forty five minute quest looking for jacquarid's armor, but oh, what a sweet sweet sword...and guaranteed!

:bounce:

gogo

If you are using the CM patch, you also get a legendary lightsaber in the orc region...

Only problem is - he's on a console - and therefor doesn't get any CM Patch love..

gogo

Er.. That makes no sense.

Think about it. You have to just about finish the game in order to get to the last employee or do the multiplayer free world thing and farm that quest over and over again just to get the hammer. TBH, I've seen better stats on Rare (yellow) stuff than on that hammer. Would I plan an entire build around something like that? Um.. Not really.

It'd make more sense to do the freeworld farming thing on the other one you get a guaranteed legendary - the Undead Legion series. It's far shorter and Boneslicer is far more impressive..

• Like! 1

Undead legion is another nice legendary weapon that's guaranteed

If you're not wanting a hammer build, a guaranteed Legendary sword build is also something nice to create

I think Anti trust wrote up an amazing guide for a build specced on that legendary as well.

gogo

Yeah but the same thing for the Boneslicer, even though it's categorized as a "Legendary" it really isn't that impressive, I've seen other swords that are 2 star (yellow to you PC fellas) that have more damage and better stats.

Yeah but the same thing for the Boneslicer, even though it's categorized as a "Legendary" it really isn't that impressive, I've seen other swords that are 2 star (yellow to you PC fellas) that have more damage and better stats.

I'm pretty sure I have too.

I'm glad you like the idea of having this quest in the forums Gogo. I'm sure there will be questions about it. I also posted it up on Steam.

Of course you can. Not disputing that even remotely.

I think you may have missed the point - which was if you want to plan your build around a legendary item - it still gives you more bang for the buck than chasing (literally) all over Ancaria for a hammer with lesser stats than the sword.

Having to wait until you've just about completed a run through of the game to get a weapon that's got so so stats - even if you are working on a hammer build - makes no sense as by the time you're at the point where you CAN get it, you're almost guaranteed you can and already should have found something equal to or better.

Even if you're doing the freeworld farming thing - you should be able to find something - either by drops or at the merchant - that should do better than depending on a guaranteed drop.

@ Lujate - 19 RpH? At what level? Niobium? It might be worth some effort to get it at that point. But at lower levels - the stats positively suck rotten eggs.

@ Lujate - 19 RpH? At what level? Niobium? It might be worth some effort to get it at that point. But at lower levels - the stats positively suck rotten eggs.

I got the stats confused. I was thinking of a different Legendary. The 19 RpH was not on the Epic Office reward.

Thank you for posting this. After a long time, I finally decided to do this quest again, and while I did print the word document to get the list of names, I had some problems finding some of the employees, particularly when a location is wrong.

AFAIK, there's only two names that are in the wrong places. I haven't gotten around to updating and fixing it. The locations ARE, however correct. The two that got switched are Roger Swindells (I think that's his name) and the guy in the pirate bay to the east of him.

The Location of Janos Toth from the word document with the "rose farm east of sonnewind teleporter" confused me. Otherwise, yes, the locations themselves, were correct, just a matter of added direction. And, yes, I do remember doing a boathouse quest to get to one of the employees. Luckily, it was just finding a key to open the boathouse door as opposed to going through a series of quests to reach a location.