Diablo 3 - Anyone still playing?

Was talking with gogo tonight and he convinced me to give D3 another go. Still in the early stages so haven't seen any of the changes/tweaks made so far. But it's killing time til Sim City comes out or Grim Dawn starts it's alpha testing..

Just wondering if anyone else is playing....a lot more fun partying than solo

• Like! 1

What toons you run with and what gear level, I have a DH, but did something stupid, I hadn't played since before the patch to add the new 100 Levels for MF. And I forgot my setup, so I hopped on thinking darn, I need some gold and I have a bag full of opened rares I need to vendor. Well I thought I had my power set on, and was just going to vend my MF set and just depend on the new Monster Power for gear. Well I vended my power set and later realized that I only had my terribly weak MF set on. Went to the AH and all descent (not great gear) was way too damn expensive

It piffed me off and I didn't want to start at the bottom, and that's what introduced more Sacred 2 time. I have a Newly leveled Barbarian, and a wizard that I don't even remember leveling but is actually a 60

me and Knuckles were chatting about giving up on HC and trying out SC just to see if it would be enuff to keep our "fix" going without us having to lose our soul everytime we died in HC.

He just started a new toon tonight, and I'm actually re indexing my computer to find the diablo 3 files to see if I can find it that way without having to download it all again.

:)

gogo

Haven't played it in quite a while. Main reason is the way the game was set up: buying good gear in AH, leveling, finding good gear, selling it in AH, buying better gear, etc. In short: I had expected an RPG, not an Auction-game. Another reason was the difference in opinion I had about Co-op compared to others. For them it was running as fast to the next portal, killing all in their way and taking most of the XP, for me it was doing things together.

I do however still have several chars available in SC at bot the European (DH and Barb, if not mistaken) and US (DH) servers.

So if there are ppl thinking about teaming up, I can possibly play during the weekends, although Saturdays are the best for me.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Still playing on a regular basis here, but I'm on the EU servers though.

Spunky!

I am reinstalling my D3, almost done with the download...I had originally signed up for NA servers, is it possible for me to sign up for EU as well?

gogo

Haven't played it in quite a while. Main reason is the way the game was set up: buying good gear in AH, leveling, finding good gear, selling it in AH, buying better gear, etc. In short: I had expected an RPG, not an Auction-game. Another reason was the difference in opinion I had about Co-op compared to others. For them it was running as fast to the next portal, killing all in their way and taking most of the XP, for me it was doing things together.

I do however still have several chars available in SC at bot the European (DH and Barb, if not mistaken) and US (DH) servers.

So if there are ppl thinking about teaming up, I can possibly play during the weekends, although Saturdays are the best for me.

Ah, cool that you have game too!

How do I create both EU and NA toons then?

Is the lag noticeable?

gogo

If not mistaken all you need to do is to change the server location in the options.

There were at the time - could be changed by now - three server area's created when the game was released. Those were:

- Europe;

- Asia;

- North America.

Toons are created similar to those at your "regular" server. However, your NA-server toons can't be used at an EU-server and vice-versa.

I've switched to the NA-servers quite often when the game just was released, because the European servers were off-line. Like so many other European players did as well. :D

I'm gonna check how it's done tomorrow and post it here. Unless someone has beaten me to it. ;) Got some nasty tentacle using Lurkers to kill at Solstheim. :P

And a minor update about the time available to play: Saturdays all day, except between 1500 - 1730 GMT (1600- 1830 CET).

Edited by Thorin Oakshield
  • Like! 1

I got a level 60 HC and a level 21 SC in NA though...I got 9 percent left to download, will install, then see if I can make a secondary set of toons in EU as well. I'll see if Knuckles can make a second setup for EU as well, maybe there's enuff from both sides of the pond for this then.

gogo

Feel free to add me and mayhaps we can team up sometimes: Spunky#2790

And if you do, write something in the friend request so I know who you are in case you are using a name I'm not familiar with.

• Like! 1

I just did a check of both my accounts:

NA: level 12 DH
EU: level 49 Barb,
level 10 Wiz,
level 20 DH (was created for that failed Co-op game),
level 51 DH.

And last but not least,

My Account name on both EU and NA servers is:

- Oakshield#2667

Thorin

Tybudd#1264

level 60 DH

Level 60 Barb

Level 60 Wizkid

Level 01 Monk :)

But so far out of practice with the insanely different method of control from other games its crazy, I'd need a good hour to get the feel back

Forgot to add my ID

Knuckles#1752

In case I don't know you personally (anyone that comes to this forum is welcome to add me) please let me know that you are coming from FDM. Hope to see you in game for as long as my interest holds :P

Grrr.....

I knew I was forgetting to do something.....I sooo meant to pm ya but somehow didn't remember...sorry :(

Right on SC just so I can get level 60 and get to Inferno...if the changes made since I last played make HC feasible, I'll be heading over there at some point

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into GoGo, a couple of times now in game. Made me nervous was dying to things I normally wouldn't have.

Hey GoGo, we need to get together in a full group and get our 5 Neph stacks and just steam through for some Paragon Leveling!!

I log from time to time in SC to check out the changes. Definitely like the changes that I have seen so far, and hope they continue to add more goodies into the game. Maybe I'll run into ya'll a bit more often :)

I am absolutely still playing!

After a long hitaius where I got fed up, frustrated and A N G R Y at this gorgeous game with what I thought was no future for me, I have returned!

I've wanted to do a write up about the exact reasons why I got drawn back in, and this time so strongly, however... I've been SO addicted to the game, it's like every moment of my wake time is in this dang thing!

:4rofl:

I've met up with Ty, Masteff, Knuckles...and last night, the final convert to SC Diablo 3... SChot! Ryan, we're having a good time, finally in SC, I get to do all the builds I want, I can be creative, and there is enuff greed built into me by this game that I want to keep going back even if the thrill of a death is not there.

I'm completely addicted to increasing my paragon levels and creating gems, if there are any players here who gave HC a try but got fed up, please find me or us on the servers, we'll be putting more info up soon.

Thorin, let's hook up!

Let the evol begin

:devil:

gogo

• 4 months later...