Absolute Horrid News for Sacred 3 Console Hopes

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/86592-diablo-3-announced-for-playstation/

Now they will have competition from a title that is by far more popular than Sacred. The sad thing is that it seems as if Blizzard was listening to alot of the cries that us Couch Co-op'ers had. 4 Player Couch Co-op.

Time for Sacred 3 to come up with some more details. Alot of us are already weary that they are taking away the exploration part from Sacred. Diablo has that.

As mentioned the wording on some of the reviews of couch co-op are unclear. D3 has that covered.

Familiarity to the game. S3 makers are not giving out full info, and D3 is already on PC. D3 has that.

Besides being a hardcore Sacred fan what will make you choose it over D3.....

Wait some of us are also weary that S3 isn't bringing back enough of what "Sacred" actual is, and feels like.

Sacred world is looking really shakey now!!!

• Like! 1

Sacred has allways been a bit of a niche market, im not to worried about it. the real fan will buy it anyway, diablo 3 will loose its appeal at some point ( it never did appeal to me in the first place ) + I know some players who were playing diablo 3 and when they got bored they raced back to sacred.

• Like! 1

Sacred has allways been a bit of a niche market, im not to worried about it. the real fan will buy it anyway, diablo 3 will loose its appeal at some point ( it never did appeal to me in the first place ) + I know some players who were playing diablo 3 and when they got bored they raced back to sacred.

Well you can include me as another addition to that crowd, because I did exactly that.

Now they will have competition from a title that is by far more popular than Sacred. The sad thing is that it seems as if Blizzard was listening to alot of the cries that us Couch Co-op'ers had. 4 Player Couch Co-op.

Time for Sacred 3 to come up with some more details. Alot of us are already weary that they are taking away the exploration part from Sacred. Diablo has that.

As mentioned the wording on some of the reviews of couch co-op are unclear. D3 has that covered.

Familiarity to the game. S3 makers are not giving out full info, and D3 is already on PC. D3 has that.

Wait some of us are also weary that S3 isn't bringing back enough of what "Sacred" actual is, and feels like.

I think you're right about it being a kind of competition... it's funny cuz it wasn't anything like that before, not with the open world and massive number of quests available...

They are doing a good job stripping away the "sacredness" of the game...albeit it's the part that's more expensive... alas

:cry:

gogo

I think you're right about it being a kind of competition... it's funny cuz it wasn't anything like that before, not with the open world and massive number of quests available...

They are doing a good job stripping away the "sacredness" of the game...albeit it's the part that's more expensive... alas

:cry:

gogo

In all actuality, it should be about competition right? On a level of pride and maintaining the franchise for 1, they should be trying to compete and bring out a product that surpasses the first Sacred titles, especially since they are a new company adopting another Franchise. I understand they want to put there own personal stamp on the game, but if you are going to completely change it, create another title and "base" it off of sacred, if you want to try and keep the original fanbase.

As far as competition with other games. Well that is true as well, all game manufacturing companies main goal is profit, yes they preach about the quality of the game, and wanting to keep us happy, but that's only obvious, since giving us a good game, and great quality pays their bills. So if they are above the competition in quality and gameplay, they achieve that main goal. Which after all, this is a business and I don't complain.

Mostly all of us, are going to buy it anyways just due to us being loyal the the title that has brought us alot of fun, but we are a small percentage of what Sacred 3 could be capable of bringing in, if they were introduced as competition to a popular Diablo franchise that has already rubbed alot of people in the wrong way.

Edited by Tybudd

Well, neither of the games are going to be on my pre-order list. Sacred 3 would be a maybe, if things would look totally different. And for D3, skipped it wholly on PC, even when there was really good offer on my local web dealer. Many things in that game just put me off too badly to warrant a purchase. I'm quite sure things aren't going to change enough when it hits the consoles.

Still, hoping that things with Sacred 3 would just work out, so that each platform would get a nice dose of ARPG-goodness. It's just too bad Keen started to take the game further away from it's origins.

Just kinda re-found the original Sacred yesterday, when I noticed that all I need to do, is put on GPU-scaling and voila! Nice little box in the monitor, no crappy stretch over 1080p screen. I really doubt this would happen with Sacred 3 as things stand.

So, happily chipping away with my poison Demoness. Only thing annoying is that pots can't be stacked, but gotta live with it. :P

Went somewhat off-topic, so gotta end the rant here. :sweating: