Single Buff Seraphim Niob Viable?

Tybudd

Wondering if an Exalted Warrior, Battle Stance Buffed warrior can survive in Niob, with Divine Protection as a buffer, supported by

Armor Lore

Toughness

Combat Reflexes?

Trying to avoid a Constitution, WeL Build, my thoughts are that most will say Constitution is a must, if so is Combat Reflexes Dropable?

My first character to complete Niob was a single aspect, Exalted Warrior Seraphim.

• Tactic Lore
  • Armor Lore
  • Dual Wield
  • Sword Weapons
  • Exalted Warrior Focus
  • Enhanced Perception
  • Toughness
  • Constitution
  • Combat Reflexes
  • Spell Resistance

Without Constitution or WEL... yeah you are asking for a botched build. I bet it can be done, but it wouldn't be easy and you may even die some # of times in Niobium. But, on console, DP is totally OP... so I wouldn't count that idea out without trying it first.

Combat Reflexes is about as good as Blacksmithing (on console), IMHO. Others may disagree but I have never ever used it with a "serious" character.

I.e. Droppable = yes :D

My seraphim looks very similar to lujate's build save that she has no combat reflexes and no sword weapons. She has bargaining and combat discipline instead. Combat discipline I should not have bothered as she kills real well without it. She also died five times on her way to niob, because I neglected to master her toughness and constitution. Thanks to constitution mastery, she still needs some work, but she is able to hold her own better just by the fact her HP regenerates in battle, so now I just need to get her toughness up. In short, yes she is viable, but she needs toughening up ASAP.

One of my shoppers has no problems surviving in Niob, and has the following build:

Exalted Warrior Focus

Combat Discipline

Tactics Lore

Dual Wield

Speed Lore

Armor Lore

Constitution

Toughness

Enhanced Perception

Bargaining

(Note: I didn't take the skills in the order above, but I took EWF, Bargaining, Armor Lore and Constitution to Mastery first...though I can't remember the order.)

I've been using a lot of experience+ equipment and sockets (so her defenses are minimal). I just have Battle Stance with the Gold mod for Reflect Close Combat, 2 HP+ amulets socketed, and some Damage Mitigation (mainly from socketed Battle Stance runes).

She's also my highest level shopper, so she's providing her own HP+ amulets (no support from a higher level character).

My first character to complete Niob was a single aspect, Exalted Warrior Seraphim.

• Tactic Lore
  • Armor Lore
  • Dual Wield
  • Sword Weapons
  • Exalted Warrior Focus
  • Enhanced Perception
  • Toughness
  • Constitution
  • Combat Reflexes
  • Spell Resistance

yeah I never use, Spell Resist, I was moreso thinking of combat reflexes to nullify the critical hits against me over the evasion part, but I haven't seen enough spells in the game that seemed dangerous enough to need to dedicate a skill to.

Combat Reflexes is about as good as Blacksmithing (on console), IMHO. Others may disagree but I have never ever used it with a "serious" character.

I.e. Droppable = yes :D

OMG Rofl, u hate CR, lol funny as hell but extremely insightful.

One of my shoppers has no problems surviving in Niob, and has the following build:

Exalted Warrior Focus

Combat Discipline

Tactics Lore

Dual Wield

Speed Lore

Armor Lore

Constitution

Toughness

Enhanced Perception

Bargaining

(Note: I didn't take the skills in the order above, but I took EWF, Bargaining, Armor Lore and Constitution to Mastery first...though I can't remember the order.)

I've been using a lot of experience+ equipment and sockets (so her defenses are minimal). I just have Battle Stance with the Gold mod for Reflect Close Combat, 2 HP+ amulets socketed, and some Damage Mitigation (mainly from socketed Battle Stance runes).

She's also my highest level shopper, so she's providing her own HP+ amulets (no support from a higher level character).

Wow, I was scared to try a toon with EP and Bargaining, I thought I'd be loosing too much, yeah I agree on Combat Disc, I don't haven't yet mastered it, but at lower levels I don't see such a great dps game from it, nor regen differential. Changing a regen time from 1.2 sec to 1.1 sec just isn't worth it.

Additionally

I seen you guys went DW, I have my Inquisitor that I was thinking of going DW with and my Shadow Warrior is too busy sticking his purple finger in enemies ear so, since I don't have a melee 2 hander I was going to go Polearms. Seems that polearms are easily accessable while you are leveling, and from bargaining you get a great selection that are really of good quality.

Halbergs and Javelins

But do Seraphim CA's in EW have good synergy with 2handers and damage dealing. Also, is it worth it to select Polearms as a skill?

Edited by Tybudd

Actually it is possible to build a character with 2 or more general skills successfully. Just have to do it very carefully and move a little more slowly around the game.

Well written...Second this fact.

The idea has been tested & proven.

I remain, :thumbsup:

Plus you get more variety in form of slots and weapons in general. Which is nice bonus for bargainer. Earlier my shopper seraphim was around the lines written here. Though, to be honest, I didn't delve too much into Blood Forest, since no Spell Res. That shouldn't matter too much in consoles, as no Blood Forest.

But if memory serves, in Plat those dryad isle thingies, spirits or what, gave me few nasty suprises. Then I noticed that my seraphim was on the squisher side.

Now that I'm nearly starting from the scratch I decided to give a Pole Arms seraphim a try. Leveling a shopper side by side, so that she can provide fresh stack of Javs and the like. Slots for basic grindfest and %LL-ones for bosses. We'll see how that turns out. Will be interesting to see how she fares without shields of any kind.

Also, the poler will benefit from the added ca-range sigils, as I'm going to go exotic, using Assailing Sommersault for area damage, paired with Poles' change to hit additional targets.

Actually it is possible to build a character with 2 or more general skills successfully. Just have to do it very carefully and move a little more slowly around the game.

Yuppers. I do it frequently with EP and Bargaining.

I think the general consensus is that DW just does more damage.

Logic would dictate as much - 2x weapons = 2x damage.

Well, mostly 2x damage - depends on how much damage each weapon does. If one does more damage than the other, it won't quite be doubled. Then there are also the 'chance to hit' and it's evil twin, 'opponent's chance to evade' rolls that goes into the mix.

Plus you get more variety in form of slots and weapons in general. Which is nice bonus for bargainer. Earlier my shopper seraphim was around the lines written here. Though, to be honest, I didn't delve too much into Blood Forest, since no Spell Res. That shouldn't matter too much in consoles, as no Blood Forest.

But if memory serves, in Plat those dryad isle thingies, spirits or what, gave me few nasty suprises. Then I noticed that my seraphim was on the squisher side.

Now that I'm nearly starting from the scratch I decided to give a Pole Arms seraphim a try. Leveling a shopper side by side, so that she can provide fresh stack of Javs and the like. Slots for basic grindfest and %LL-ones for bosses. We'll see how that turns out. Will be interesting to see how she fares without shields of any kind.

Also, the poler will benefit from the added ca-range sigils, as I'm going to go exotic, using Assailing Sommersault for area damage, paired with Poles' change to hit additional targets.

That should be interesting to see. One amusing side note, IIRC, the Seraphim does a bit of a pole dance when equipped as such and you've let her sit around for a few minutes.. :drool:

Edited by wolfie2kX

The three most dangerous mobs are the cursed demon mages in the Wastelands, the will-o-the-wisps (do not remember exact name) on Dryad Island and the eyes in the Cursed Forest (although that only applies to I&B). In I&B, without a shield, all those can be a problem. In Plat, you can be careful, but in Niob you must have SR mastery.

(Of course, this applies really to PC only.)

I've found that I like using staffs + pelting strikes with the battle stance buff. I also have cleansing brilliance active both for the its affects against undead and tmutant as well as its light in darker places.

In terms of a EW only build for a Seraphim, I've observed that the best damage per second build is a DW Seraphim using Pelting Strikes alone. DW Pelting Strikes consists of 6 hits with a shorter animation. Any other weapon reduces the number of hits (and usually increases the animation time). I don't use SH+PS, as in the same animation time for Soul Hammer, you can get 2-2.5 hits with Pelting Strikes.

Of course, all of this assumes that you land every hit. As mentioned earlier, accuracy is important (hence I take Speed Lore).

Now, this isn't to say that Polearms won't work, it's just addressing why some favour DW.