CM-Patch Seraphim - Killing by the square mile

chattius

Approaching the final battle at platinum difficulty with my MA-build.

Maximum_Area of effect build. It is really not the same as maximum area_ of_effect_damage. I just create a build which can equip every piece of equipment which boosts +combat art range.

Tactics lore is not chosen for weapon damage, it is just 9 points to first unlock dualwield for 2 Nlovae staves and second to fully modify the buff for defense.

Armour lore, toughness and constitution --- 5 skills

Celestial focus and lore, ancient magic and combat discipline to play a celestial caster -9 skills

Add 1 point in concentration for 2 buffs and all skills are ser.

All stat points go into stamina, I want to play a real caster in niob and not a hybrid who recharges spells with regeneration per weapon hit.

So far it is great fun to see undeads die far far away just because of the aura-buff. Needless to say: pillars and aura are modified for maximal radius.

Even if I place a pillar at my feet: with Playerlevel 76 and 63% +combat art range, blowpiper and wiillowisps are most often in its range. Dryad island I normally place pillars at screen ends to kill willowisps before they are in shooting range.

I miss the wiki, I do hard in remembering the english skill and CA names after not playing for a while :(

Yeah, many of us are in sore need of the great stuff it contains. Hoping Gogo and Schot can get things up soon enough.

As for the build, looks like a nice idea, now that we have more of those extended CA-range goodies.

Radiant Pillar would be the English name of the said CA. I might try this once I get back on with my caster-seraphim. Sooo many things to do, so many games to play. :P

sacred wiki eng is shut down, but we still have the italian wiki, btw thats a pretty interesting buiild, but in my opinion in niob you will have problems to kill some bosses with your pure spellcaster character, its better to make an hybrid char with some useful ca like radiant pillar, hallowed restoration and divine protection with dual wield masterized and life leech 1,3% bonus from revelation of serpahim set, you will be able to beat bosses easily, my pure caste elf is having problems to kill some bosses in niob, you have to masterize ancient magic in platinium and dont forget spell resistance.

one question, its possible to find rings/amulets/swords/axes with (x% chance to hit additional enemies)?

Edited by Danniel90

Hit additional enemies is polearms and in CM-patch these Molotov-cocktails= elixir bottles you can throw. A BFG seraphim with throwing elxirs can be a solid build. BFG to boost ranged weapon skill and hitting additional enemies on an elixir scales with this skill- Elixir is one hand, so you can use a shield. BFG skill three allows e-shield.....

Life leech: I can use dual Kaldur's each socketed with this great combination of: -enemy chance to evade/enemy can't evade combination. Heal spell right and holding both mouse buttoms it works. So I do not have to compromise the build, just switching weapon slot.

But platinum I can still do a combination pillar/heal and press right button at a boss. After reading a chapter in a nice book I look up and I am still alive while the boss is dead :)

In fact most dangerous enemies are demon champs and eyes who have x% life leech attacks. But after playing this long I know where they can appear and I place pillar with extended reach at screen borders.

damnn, I wanted that ability for my dual wield seraphim, I have the polearm skill, but only one of all my polearms has both life leech x% and chance to hit additional enemies, if any rings/amulets or one handed weapons have that useful bonus, ill have to masterize polearm skill

about your build, another option could be spell resistance instad of dual wield, the glacial defender shield has also a nice ca range bonus and it also increases armor and defense, but two nlovae staves has to be funny to see, I would like to see a gameplay video of your build

one more question, its possible to find this shield in cm patch:)

http://www.noelshack.com/2013-11-1363187803-rec003-003.jpg

ive searched in many sites but nothing I found about it, I would like to see my celestial seraphim with that golden stalworth shield

thanks

Hmm.. I don't believe I've ever seen the shield, nor the armor on the Seraphim wielding it. The location appears to be the Jungle. And the Seraphim in question appears to be the real Failitia - the Seraphim the Spider Queen was impersonating. Tho I don't recall ever seeing her wearing that armor..

Of course, that does mean it may have something to do with the CM Patch. The quest chain surrounding the Spider Queen was introduced by the CM Patch.

OK.. I just loaded an old game and went to the location in question. I found Failitia wearing pretty much stock Seraphim gear - like the outfits worn on Seraphim Island by the vast majority of Seraphim with a few mods.. The outfit was green instead of brown (presumably for better camouflage in the Jungle region). Failitia was also sporting a spear of some sort (as opposed to a shield and sword)...

So I'm at a loss as to where that shield or other outfit came from. But I'll look into it a bit.

Edited by wolfie2kX

thanks for the reply, I could only find one screenshot in this "patch", http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/288-dragon-pet-companion-for-seraphim/ , you can see two seraphim on the first screenshot, one wears that golden shield and maybe the rest of the set (virtues of the seraphim) I think hes playing closed net, its strange to see two seras together, maybe its part of that "patch" I will run it only if I dont find that shield

btw, if you play closed net, I do, we could change some chests with useful rings and amulets, I have a plenty of nice ones, mainly levels 20-40 and 80-120

Virtues of the Seraphim is visually only a re-texture of the original Niokaste's. And the set's shield isn't the golden textured one seen on the quest marker Seraphim. If I see correctly, the sword is the one used in Virtues, though.

If memory serves, that particular shield hasn't been (at least yet) been implemented in the CM. At least I haven't seen that one around. Aaand I guess it isn't Kira's Wall either. Should be more white-hued (I think). I've never gotten my hands on that one...

thanks for the reply, I could only find one screenshot in this "patch", http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/288-dragon-pet-companion-for-seraphim/ , you can see two seraphim on the first screenshot, one wears that golden shield and maybe the rest of the set (virtues of the seraphim) I think hes playing closed net, its strange to see two seras together, maybe its part of that "patch" I will run it only if I dont find that shield

btw, if you play closed net, I do, we could change some chests with useful rings and amulets, I have a plenty of nice ones, mainly levels 20-40 and 80-120

I doubt it would have been played on Closed Net. The whole point of Closed Net was to create an environment where NO mods whatsoever were allowed.

Of course, Deep Silver/Ascaron's servers are now shut down and likely repurposed or retired - which means network play (closed and open net) are now gone.

Open Net did allow mods.

I know that the glacial shield would be a bit better in defense and freeing 1-2 skills, but I wanted to maximize CA-range ;)

The level 75 skill distribution:

all stats stamina , from now on vitality

armour lore 5 --- in beginning to unlock armour modifiers on non set stuff

tactics 9 --- unlock dual wield and modify buff for defense

celestial lore 75 --- main attack

concentration 1 --- 2 buffs

celestial focus 75 --- main attack

dual wielding 1 --- 2 nlovae

combat discipline 1 --- 10% less regeneration time

ancient magic 75 --- only one damage type, breaks damage mitigation but not magic armour of enemy

toughness 53 --- reducing peak damage

constitution --- defending by healing demands some hitpoints to survive the hit first

Have to do a screenshot when I play again, currently I have like 300 photos my oldest did at university to magnify in my photo-lab. Old analog black and white 6*9cm 220 roll film. I am a dinosaur, I do not like the digital cameras except for their ease to upload pictures.

Here a screenshot with maximum combat art range equipment. What is not needed for CA-range is damage mitigation gear.

Old computer with even older graphic card, so all settings to low.

Screenshot was taken with 'sys ss 2'

Open console by pressing '^'.

Type : sys ss 2

Type: quit

You can try sys ss 3 or 4, but my card is too weak. 2 is double width and height at a screenshot and at 32MB a screenshot.

Click picture for full size.

Sera-MA_zpsd8b98225.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Currently level 112 and '+ combat art range' is at 82.2%. Running through an area with undeads and getting experience from enemies I never saw.

So, this build is only slightly less BS than when Viperish Disease was broken as hell. Congratulations you cheesy Barsteward. :P

OK.. Found some more information about that shield.

That shield - and the matching armor set - are indeed part of the CM Patch - as part of the Spider Queen quest chain. BUT - it's only seen if you're playing on the dark side.

According to the CM Patch team, that armor may only pop up just before she starts kicking your deceitful behind...

It's not available as a set or individual piece. It's only for Failitia...