Guild Wars 2 - What to do with our Influence?

4 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with our Influence? (please read OP before voting)

• Continue to save for guild halls
    • Temporary guild buffs
    • Guild Missions

Important

Influence is server specific, and this question only applies to the main guild on Ferguson's Crossing. We would ask that only members who are actively playing or guesting on Ferguson's Crossing vote here.

Back in December, we voted to save our Influence until the big January/February updates in case guild halls were introduced. Well those updates have passed and still no guild halls, so we need to decide on how we wish to proceed.

Here are the options:

1. Continue to save for guild halls-per the wiki "There are no Guild Halls and the company is no longer actively working on them, but they do plan to have them some day."

2. Temporary guild buffs-buffs that apply to all representing members playing on Ferguson's Crossing for the duration of the buff. For example:

+5% Kill experience for 24 Hours

+10% Magic Find for 72 hours

+10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours

+15% Karma for 24 hrs

3. Guild missions-per ANet, some of these missions will be doable by small guilds that can field 10-15 players.

Guild Missions right for FDM?

Guild missions guide

I will leave this poll open thru 15 March 2013.

I voted guild buffs, as long as they're bought and used when it's worth it. I.e. at the beginning of a weekend or a special organized event. By spending on these occasions, influence will kept being saved until something "achievable" will be at the reach of our kind of guild.

I guess the buffs are the most viable. Believing that setting them to fire on the weekend would provide the most benefit to the guild.

:viking:

I voted for the save option.

Although I won't mind guild buffs and they don't cost a ton of influence, there are enough buffs around from other guilds that I can leach on. And to be honest I really don't think the buffs are missed when I don't have them or such a whoo-ha when I actually do...

Guild missions might be a little bit more in the future for us, but I'd like to at some stage participate in a guild mission started by another guild, just to see how difficult it really is.

EDIT: Just thinking about guild missions and the merit points obtained. AFAIK the merit points are used to unlock hight tier guild missions, but what if merit points will be required for guild halls or upgrades within guild halls. Future will tell, but I think perhaps we should try and organize one guild mission sometime soon and see what reaction we get to it?

Edited by Scleameth

Although I won't mind guild buffs and they don't cost a ton of influence, there are enough buffs around from other guilds that I can leach on. And to be honest I really don't think the buffs are missed when I don't have them or such a whoo-ha when I actually do...

Guild missions might be a little bit more in the future for us, but I'd like to at some stage participate in a guild mission started by another guild, just to see how difficult it really is.

EDIT: Just thinking about guild missions and the merit points obtained. AFAIK the merit points are used to unlock hight tier guild missions, but what if merit points will be required for guild halls or upgrades within guild halls. Future will tell, but I think perhaps we should try and organize one guild mission sometime soon and see what reaction we get to it?

Unfortunately, Guild Missions have prerequisites that must be purchased before you can run them.

Mission unlock Influence costs:

Guild Rushes-85K

Guild Bounties-66.5K

Guild Treks-66.5K

Guild Puzzle-80K

Unfortunately, Guild Missions have prerequisites that must be purchased before you can run them.

Mission unlock Influence costs:

Guild Rushes-85K

Guild Bounties-66.5K

Guild Treks-66.5K

Guild Puzzle-80K

Isn't our guild too small to participate? We have issues getting a full party together for guild time, how are we going to get 10-15ppl for a mission. Also from what I understand (but might be wrong) if you participate in one started by another guild you do not reap any of the benefits, only the originating guild does. If there is no benefit of participating I can't see it being easy to find the necessary numbers to complete. Also some of the guild missions I am emphatically against participating in the required content.

And as for saving for Guild Hall's.... hasn't Anet stated that they are not actively working on implementing them and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future (see/read original post).

It would be nice to get a small token or benefit for all the influence we have earned the guild, even if it is small... no one said every last influence point needed to be spent. But imho the occasional magic find would be extremely welcome. There are some of us that don't get the rares let alone exotics others tell us they are constantly getting, some people have -0- magic find during guild events and as a result don't get good drops... but stay alive. I just feel it would be a nice gesture, who couldn't use a little more wealth coming their way.

Edited by Kiyeri

From the wiki regarding Guild Missions:

Player rewards

Players who help complete a mission while representing a guild which has that mission active will receive the following rewards:

2 pieces of rare or better equipment

50 Silver coin

2 Guild Commendations

These personal rewards can only be earned once a week per type of guild mission. For example, completing 2 guild bounties will only grant one set of rewards, but then completing a guild trek will grant another set of rewards.

I wouldn't spend it on expensive unlocks for the time being, just continue to upgrade stuff like you were planning to do before missions were announced. There were many complaints about the cost of the current guild missions, and I wouldn't be surprised if anet will introduce smaller missions as a result.

Influence turned out to be the smallest issue with the missions. The hardest part is fielding enough members to complete them. Even larger guilds need at lest 3-4 months to unlock all the missions, and that's if they can complete the T3 and get the full 35 bounty merits every week.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation behind the fact that 6 people in this topic will be affected by this poll and only 4 of them voted....

I'm sure there's a logical explanation behind the fact that 6 people in this topic will be affected by this poll and only 4 of them voted....

I always reserve my vote to use in the unlikely event of a tie.