What? and How to get rid!

Bondbug

Quite recent arrival on my screen and I don't know where it comes from or how to get rid of it. It interferes with the automatic connection to the internet, and involves several manual clicks before I can get on line.

Does anyone recognise it?

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/sagbag/Descriptor1_zps38d8cf2f.jpg

appears when I boot

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/sagbag/Descriptor2_zps1a5cfd06.jpg

appears when I want to connect and I can't find a way round it so that the connection is automatic on boot.

Eh...it looks like a program that hasn't been prettied/finished coding. If you open the task manager can you see the name of the program and perhaps uninstall it if you do not recognise it as anything important or that you have installed?

That might work... BUT only if the author of said code didn't hide the program (I.e. like a virus)... There are techniques malware authors use to hide their crap from such intervention.

That might work... BUT only if the author of said code didn't hide the program (I.e. like a virus)... There are techniques malware authors use to hide their crap from such intervention.

True but looking at how poorly the program appears to be coded it's definitely worth a try. Sure beats any other method if it works.

However, do you have any form of antivirus software Bondbug? And if so have you run a scan lately?

Have anti-virus of course and scan for malware etc nearly every days. It doesn't seem to do anything, just interfere and make a simple process take longer!!

I can't even make out what the program is - it is not listed on uninstall list.

P.S. Task Manager is an interesting list - no idea what most are, but I looked a couple up on Web and got rid of them. Awesomium turned out to be a thing stuck on by Turbine (Lotro), cheeky b's and using a lot of juice though I gave up on Lotro some time ago. Plus a ConnectivityManager apparently installed by our old friends Orange (France Telecom). Erased both with gay abandon, and thought one might be the culprit - but the odd dialog boxes illustrated above still appear.

Edited by Bondbug