My 2 bits of appreciation.

Hello,

I'm completely 100% new here. As soon as my account was validated, I jumped right on to creating this topic.

Firstly, I'm a long avid player of Sacred 2 (Have it 3 times :P) - So finding out that the servers went down... It destroyed me. I then googled Private Servers to see if I can get any info on if there's anybody hosting some and I found Dark Matters CM Patch 1.40 and I downloaded it. I love the changes.

I just want to thank you from Dark Matters so much for trying, and keeping an abandoned game going. Trying to polish out the bugs and flaws, and doing things the original devs appeared they didn't seem botherd to do.

I read on the forum somewhere (I forget where) that theres a bug report place for the CM Patch, but I have tried looking for it and I can't seem to find it again, so I will write it here in hope that someone can direct me to the right place :P

When questing, sometimes when a quest goes down a level, it'll direct you to the nearest enterance and not the correct one.

I'm not sure if this is just mine or its a CM bug: The Concert questline is bugged for me. Directly after the concert, all the characters dissappear and the quest circle stays 2 quest steps behind (clearing the camp of undead?)

Dragon Mage: When in Dragon Berserk, you can temporarily bug duration of it by killing something a split second, or at the same time of when it's supposed to end. I did this, it gave me an extra 10 minutes at least.

Seraphim: When using skills, and dual weilding, sometimes she'll not use the skill, but it'll go on cooldown still.

Dryad: Sometimes she'll say there's too much junk in her trunk, but her ass isn't fat. Not sure if this is an actual bug though.

I'm sorry for a stupidly long post for my first one. But I really did just want to give my appreciation and my bug list. I hope theres going to be more patches. You've achieved to get another fanboy of Dark Matters. <3

Thank you again so much for keeping Sacred 2 alive.

~Saeo.

• Like! 1

First of all, Welcome to DarkMatters..

Secondly, the CM Patch is not the property of DarkMatters. The DarkMatters is a website that's run by a couple of guys from Canada - Gogoblender and Schot. And yes, they have spent the last few years working really hard to make this board rock hard! With the SacredWiki (which is now closed temporarily for repairs) these two sites are probably THE best sources of information on the game anywhere.

The CM Patch is a series of mods to Sacred 2 Ice and Blood that is put together by a pair of German guys - Czevak and Marcuswob (hence the CM) who also happen to be members here. You can ALWAYS find the latest version of the patch on the first post on the thread dedicated to the Patch. You will also find there's a bit of info on where you can find the Mantis Bugtracker where you can report anything you might find to be a problem in the Patch.

As far as the bugs go...

The CM Patch bug - I think I may have seen this - but it's something inherent with the game itself. I have seen an issue where the last completed quest indicator doesn't move to the next available quest. I'm fairly sure I saw this issue prior to installing the CM Patch - and if that's the case, you're really outta luck as Ascaron is long gone and Deep Silver decided to put their efforts and funding into Sacred 3.

Dragon Mage - I haven't seen this one - but if I recall correctly, the Dragon Berserk feature does add time to the duration as long as you're killing something while it's on. So it's entirely possible that the bug may be due to something Ascaron didn't take into account properly (NO shock there...)

Seraphim - I've not seen her not use a CA when she's told to do so. What skill are you referring to specifically?

Dryad - Check to see if your inventory is full or not. I'm guessing she can't pick up something and put it away - hence the complaint.

The Dragon Mage Dragon Berserk timer was empty. I wasn't killing anything, like it was stuck? I don't mind. ;)

The Seraphim, mainly Sweeping Strikes I think it's called, but it happened with Radiant Pillar too.

The Dryad, this was more of me trying to be funny (As you can tell now, it doesn't work out too well. :P)

-I didn't know anything about the CM Patch, where it came from or who did it. I didn't know about Dark Matters untill a few days ago either... So in my head it was the community here which recommended things and some guys with the knowhow made it happen. Thank you for letting me know!

P.S. Thanks for the welcomes :)

~Saeo

The Dragon Mage Dragon Berserk timer was empty. I wasn't killing anything, like it was stuck? I don't mind. ;)

The Seraphim, mainly Sweeping Strikes I think it's called, but it happened with Radiant Pillar too.

The Dryad, this was more of me trying to be funny (As you can tell now, it doesn't work out too well. :P)

-I didn't know anything about the CM Patch, where it came from or who did it. I didn't know about Dark Matters untill a few days ago either... So in my head it was the community here which recommended things and some guys with the knowhow made it happen. Thank you for letting me know!

P.S. Thanks for the welcomes :)

~Saeo

Dragon Mage - weirdness. Don't know what to tell you...

Seraphim - It's Pelting Strikes - and like I said - I have yet to see her not execute such a CA - unless she got hit with a stun as she started doing the CA.

Dryad - OK.. But hey, it's a woman.. And you know how some women can be at times - always worried about being fat - at least the skinny ones do. Typical joke about the man being in the dog house for saying "yes" when his wife asks if the clothing in question makes her caboose look big.

Not a problem with regards to the patch. If you need questions answered, this is probably the place to come ask. Someone is bound to know something about it...

FWIW, there IS some overlap. Marcuswob and Czevak are both members here and there are people here who have contributed to various items and quests that have been added to the CM Patch.

Heya Karl, welcome to DarkMatters! Don't let Wolfie distract you from the honest truth, Wiki and this site's the work of thousands of members of aeons (seeming :P) Work of love on an old school game, nothing of it's like been seen or will probably be seen again.

I'm really happy you were patient for the validation for the forum, we're trying to keep up with it, and it's still delight full to see that this game keeps drawing in it's fans.

Enjoy the community, and welcome to the boards!

:)

gogo

No Gogo.. If it weren't for you and Schot, AND your efforts AND your hard work, DarkMatters would likely be yet another fan site. But this board is SO much more than that. It's like home.

And yes, the Sacred Wiki is the work of many people, myself included, but if it weren't for YOU and SCHOT putting up the framework, none of it would be possible either.

So hush and take your compliments like a man... :D

• Like! 1

Saeo basically beat me to it. I'll always love Sacred 2, thanks for keeping everything going as best as you can. I really do appreciate your work. :)

Any news around the wiki by the way? Some say it's closed, others say it's temporarily down, but it has been down for an awful long time now.

Edited by Playback

Hi Playback, really appreciate the words.

It's going to be a lot of work to get the wiki back in operation, we've gotten some great offers from the community, we want to see how it can be put together again.

the old wiki had a lof of customization from Schot, we have to see whether those hacks still work, have to clean out the dbase and then see if new wiki software can run it.

HOpefully this can be done.

:)

gogo

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I don't have any knowhow in graphic design or anything but I have a pretty powerful PC (I'm guessing most people these days do) to render Videos or whatnot - Also a not very well known musician so I can do small things like sound and effects and such.

I hope everything goes well :)
~Saeo.

P.S. I can also help by giving my time to do odd jobs such as collecting info, etc,etc.

Edited by Saeo0901

I'm curious. I've looked on the DarkMatters forum and on Google, but I can't seem to find anything other than other people wanting it.

Is there any way to add more Gore? I'm a fan of blood and guts and limbs practically hitting my screen when I make stuff explode. :P

Thank you for any help anybody could provide. <3

~Saeo

From my recollections about gore, you just have to attack undead in order to get some explosions. Nothing like what you're wanting though. There may be violence tweaks elsewhere in the base files.

Yah.. Them and those goblins who ride wild boars.. They used to have a tendency to explode when shot from a distance (ranged weapons)... They put a stop to that in the last couple CM Patch versions tho. Not quite sure why. Guessing someone had issues with the excess gore in that case.

Sacred 1 had much more gore. You could slice some baddie up and watch the blood fountain should you hit something vital.

Yah.. Them and those goblins who ride wild boars.. They used to have a tendency to explode when shot from a distance (ranged weapons)... They put a stop to that in the last couple CM Patch versions tho. Not quite sure why. Guessing someone had issues with the excess gore in that case.

Sacred 1 had much more gore. You could slice some baddie up and watch the blood fountain should you hit something vital.

I'm using CM 0140 and my Shadow Warrior still gets riders blown up with his Area of Effect modded Demonic Blow...

Is it possible I can roll a Temple Guardian with the Inquisitor spells and use it like a Dryad? MOAR GORE. <3

Thanks for the tips for curing my sadistic streak. I'll look into them :)

There was a post on Steam about getting games recommended for Workshop. Although I know it requires the developers to authorize and do whatever to get the game on the Workshop... (I hope this can still be done through Koch) - and Steam would probably ignore it anyway due to a lot of legal stuff - I recommended Sacred 2, as well as a fair few others.

Would be nice to get all the mods from everywhere into one place, and you guys would completely rock it I'd presume. :D

Link to the steam thread: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/828934723983437926/ if anybody is interested :)

Hope you're having a great day :)

~Saeo

For what it's worth... Most mods these days that are out there and are worth having are part of the CM Patch mentioned by the Community Manager, Professor Pew in his post on Steam. The CM Patch has it's own forum right here on DarkMatters as well, even though DarkMatters isn't directly responsible for the content.. The first post on the CM Patch also contains contact information on how to file bug reports - and for that matter, requests for mods. Whether or not they will actually make it into the game - that's another thing.

So in that regard, your wish to get them all into one place is more or less granted.

As far as getting one character class' spells and CAs to work for another character entirely, there's a thread on that also in the Mods section. There's even some instructions on how to do it, IIRC...

The steam comment: Just trying to open up more avenues for Sacred. Can never have too much of a good thing. :) - The class merge/swap/change thinggy (whatever it is?) was just me being an idiot... But now you said that I'll give it a think. :P

~Saeo

Maybe not. Lost my characters and all my other saves. :(

I'm having some PC issues, so much so it's even confusing some tekkies on a few forums and IRL.

All my Hardware and software is on good standing, had them checked multiple times, but I did buy another of the same GFX card so I can test myself if it is a Hardware issue just being naughty inside my PC. If it's fine... Yay crossfire.

Can't believe I forgot to backup my saves :(

Anyway. Hope you're all having a good year so far. :)

~Saeo