Diablo 3 - I'm so...so...addicted

It's pretty bad. I redefined myself to give SC a chance. Never thought I could love it. Have been a born and bread sacred original HC player since the wee days, and almost every game I've played after got me brainwashed into thinking that HC was the only way to play.

Diablo 3's hc was so hard though, and my time and interests had changed...in fact, diablo 3 hc was so hard, we lost a lot of our players here who rambled onto other games...

but I always had this yearning in my heard to return to diablo 3...but not HC.

This game's graphics and game play so suited my now life style...just drop in, do fifteen minutes or so of killing, chat it up with friends, then do cooking...

Can't stop playing now, lol am almost considering taking it off my computer just so I can win the summer back (if it ever gets here). I've actually got Schot hooked into it as well...and in fact I'm not sure if I'd ever play a HC game anymore...kinda realized it was a kind of gambling thing... and now, while playing SC I've tried skills, combos and build ideas I would never have thought of or had the courage to play because, in hC...there's only one way to build, and that's for survivability.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Wanted to repoert to everyone in the living world where we've been, what we've been horribly sucked into, and hoping that if there are others that gave up, maybe what Blizzard has done with the game will be enough to get you hooked as well.

Knuckles joined me up a bit this weekend, he's super busy, but me and Schot are always on, yeah we caved in but ... oh what joy this game is.

NA servers...anyone else still playing?

:)

gogo

I play from time to time, and I was really wondering where you and Schot were up to for the last couple weeks. Glad to read you're still alive and well, and hooked!

• Like! 1

Hahaa, my sentiments exactly, when it comes to SC-gaming. I won't be starting any HC-stuff, as that'd be way too nerve-breaking for me.

And, like you said, it's much more fun to try out different ideas and stuff, instead of buffing oneself up to maximum survivability.

I just miiiight cave in and give it a go. If only some quality time with you peeps. But, the thing is, physical copies are horrendously priced around here.

I think they will keep that way for a looong time... I mean D2&LoD is still around 20€ at places. No way sir I'm gonna put up around 40€ or more for D3. I'm not that interested. So many other games to pour my moneys into.

FWIW, I listed 13 games for this year, all plats, by 1.4. Go figure... O_o

• Like! 1

Good to hear you and Schot are enjoying the game.

The game has improved alot over the 11 months it's been out, so those that read into the bad feedback at launch, and lost interest in the game may want to give it a try now.

• Like! 1

Ok I kinda guess that, but what does it consist of... say in Sacred, everything up to Niaob?

In hardcore, when a characters dies it is forever. With softcore, the character is brought back to life and you can keep playing her.

AH HA! So that's why it's been taking so long to get the wiki back up.. You've both been sucked into Diablo 3...

Ah well.. as long as you've been having fun... :D

• Like! 1

Ok I kinda guess that, but what does it consist of... say in Sacred, everything up to Niaob?

In hardcore, when a characters dies it is forever. With softcore, the character is brought back to life and you can keep playing her.

There's a bit more of a penalty when you die in Softcore in Sacred 2... You lose your survival bonus... Survival bonus at 0% sucks because you suddenly can't hit the broad side of a barn when you're standing right up against it. Your hits when you DO manage to make them have less of an effect.

Learnt that the hard way. I got killed by some semi-boss character and went back in after him and got wiped out in no time at all. Where I was able to at least put a ding in his life points previously, I couldn't even scratch him. I had to back off and rethink my strategy. Not to mention rebuild the 50% survival bonus somewhat before I went in after him again.

There's a bit more of a penalty when you die in Softcore in Sacred 2... You lose your survival bonus...

I guess that's one of the penalties you forget when you spend your time playing sacred 2 in hardcore mode hey lujate? :D

Heyas,

I tried SC a while ago. It's not for me. D3's HC is still a bit scary, but when you hit Inferno, play in teams and all will be good.

I ripped a Barb 60(51) because of a disconnect when playing alone, thats kinda sad, but a good team always has your back.

Anyhow, always welcome to join in!

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I seem to be between games at the moment (though I'm waiting on a number of releases this year). I might go back into DIII for a bit. I didn't really get into MP, mainly playing on my own, but who knows? I may give it a go.

I'm always in!

gogoblender@hotmail.com ...u can look me up, please just tell me you're from here and we can level.

I've been thinking of getitng a new toon together... WD has been calling to me soul.

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...