Is Sacred Citadel any good

I LOL'ed so hard when I read this thread, I had to reply... :4rofl:

Scott, I have a question for you that noone has been able to answer, especially since none of my friends drink coffee. Now, keep in mind that I have a heightened sense of smell. Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes when I leave coffee sit for a few hours, it smells faintly of cat urine. I've looked all over the net, others also have made this claim, but noone knows why. So, since you like hours old coffee, do you have an explanation?

Being a huge cat person, and an avid coffee drinker as well who has left their share of coffee sitting around... no I have never ever caught a whiff of cat pee from old coffee, on or off the burner.

On a less serious note, Wolfie was correct in that I was joking around; my reply was supposed to invoke a scene from your 'typical' group councelling meeting (ie AA, etc).

Oh, and back to the seriousness again, what exactly is the linkage from handy fish to dusty European jewels. :crazy:

• Like! 1

That gave my fiance a chuckle, because she says you have no idea about what you're in for when you say "keep going". Because of the fact that I understand how everything's relative, I could start a conversation talking about the new species of fish they found the other day that uses its fins like hands, and end up talking about why I'm sure that the footlong smoky quartz I found in a bucket of dirt is from Romania and is roughly two thousand years old. I love to talk as well as getting feedback. However, this post was supposed to be about SC, so I should keep my comments about SC.

I don't think SC is "any good". I totally understand that it's not supposed to be the whole shebang, but rather a tiny taste of what Sacred 3 is going to be like. The first Dragon Age did that, they had a little, free minigame on their website that was supposed to give players a little taste of the Dragon Age story. But Sacred Citadel didn't go that route, it was sold as a stand alone. Now, if SC would have been given free to people who prepurchased Sacred 3, I'd say SC is a novel little idea. But as a stand alone game you have to pay for, SC blows. Back in the 90's, my cousins created games in his spare time that were not only better than SC, but also free. And if SC is a taste of what Sacred 3 will be, there's a tear in my beer for what the Sacred series is transforming into

I loled along with Scott here, and I absconded with your "tear in my beer" line to work...love it, and this timing!

:)

gogo

Thanks, I have my moments. As far as the link between the fish and the smokey quartz, the link itself is simple, but every time I've had that conversation, someone has always steered the conversation to religion. Religion is a topic I stay as far away from as possible on forums. I've seen even the most peaceful religious discussions turn into angry debates, and I'll tell you what, I've seen enough anger and violence on the battlefield to last several lifetimes.

Welcome to the forum, Gilberticus! (Are you a decendent of Sparticus by any chance?)

This game probably would have appealed to me when I was a teenager, as I enjoyed any kind of mind-numbingly mindless game back then (e.g. Street Fighter), but nowadays I find sleeping to be more exciting than Sacred Citadel, and sleeping is free!

But all negative comments aside, if the price is right, I suppose this could be a decent game for those folks who don't have a lot of time to invest. I place Torchlight 1 above this game in both price and playability, however.

My nickname in the real world used to be Gilbert. My family called me Gilbert when I had done something ditzy.When I came home from the military all buff, they changed it to Gilberticus. As far as Torchlight, I would have liiked it except for the fact that it looked too cartoony for me. It's not a bad game, just not my style

• 1 month later...

ha ha you crazy BLEEP!s. No where else do conversations like this happen without a troll wading in.

Only on dark matters.

yep and iam a sacred addict to.

Maybe we should start a group.

"wheres all my armour for my dragon the other characters have loads"silently rocks.

• Like! 1

ha ha you crazy BLEEP!s. No where else do conversations like this happen without a troll wading in.

Only on dark matters.

yep and iam a sacred addict to.

Maybe we should start a group.

"wheres all my armour for my dragon the other characters have loads"silently rocks.

Awesome seeing you back here on the boards, Grimwold, you were missed sir!

:hugs:

gogo

• 1 month later...

I see now they have on steam Citadel Jungle hunt for 4.99 DLC...and it just makes me saaaaaaaaaaaader...

Gogo, what makes it worse was that this was almost Day 1 DLC. This came out about 1-2 weeks after release. Now THAT is what makes me sad :(

Small things like this for me which kind of soured how I felt about this whole release. Releasing DLC so close to initial release makes it look to much like a money grab.

Cheap, obvious one at that.

:(

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched that video on the first page and immediately knew I wouldn't be buying it. I outgrew that type of game play on the NES. The graphics? Why is everything being turned into anime these days? It's terrible. As someone else said, this is an insult to the Sacred franchise.

Just... no.

• 7 months later...

The game is mean , and unforgiving hard at times, you can only cary like 4 potions and when you die in a boss fight, you have to do it again WITHOUT the potions .

But in a side scrollign brawler it is kinda fun , but I would suggest getting it when it is cheap . or free. or they pay you money to play it. or threaten you to watch the justing bieber movie if you dont play it .