My Signature

Posted Image

#42 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thanks, my fiance is also stoked that I found this site so I have people other than her to talk to about Sacred. Poor woman already has to hear about gems all day from me (I'm a gemologist and gemologist appraiser). So, most of our day iinvolves shisha, tea, Sacred, and gemstones. Lol, she says our bedroom looks like King Tut's tomb

#43 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Scott, I have a question for you that noone has been able to answer, especially since none of my friends drink coffee. Now, keep in mind that I have a heightened sense of smell. Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes when I leave coffee sit for a few hours, it smells faintly of cat urine. I've looked all over the net, others also have made this claim, but noone knows why. So, since you like hours old coffee, do you have an explanation?

#44 wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Um.. I think Scott's comments were supposed to be in jest.

BUT... If you mean coffee that's been sitting in the pot and on a burner being kept warm - the answer is the stuff gets burnt after a while. Having done a stint as a convenience store clerk, I know of what I speak.

My Signature

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#45 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

No, it wasn't burnt,but I found the explanation about the coffee, ya learn something new every day. Do you like Los Angeles? I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, but never really ventured past Oceanside.

#46 Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hello, my name's Ryan and I'm a Sacred 2 addict :)

It appears we share two of the same qualities then :P Welcome to the forums!

My Signature

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#47 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks. What did you think about Grim Dawn?

#48 Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanks. What did you think about Grim Dawn?

Haven't finished it yet, but I think it's a fantastic game especially for an alpha build.  Definitely worth my time/money, and hopefully they will listen to player feedback which is something I feel they are good about.

P.S. Maybe one of the mods should move this into a welcome thread? That way we don't derail the Sacred Citadel thread :)

My Signature

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#49 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

True, I think I'm going to stop. I don't have anything new to add to the SC conversation. But I really hope a new expansion is created for Sacred 2. I don't like SC, and honestly don't think I will like Sacred 3

#50 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

No, keep going! lol This convo is making the secret Citadel topic keep having life, it's a good discussion now tween members, comparing with respect to original topic, I'm glad you love to chat Gilberticus, you've in great company!

:)

gogo

#51 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

That gave my fiance a chuckle, because she says you have no idea about what you're in for when you say "keep going". Because of the fact that I understand how everything's relative, I could start a conversation talking about the new species of fish they found the other day that uses its fins like hands, and end up talking about why I'm sure that the footlong smoky quartz I found in a bucket of dirt is from Romania and is roughly two thousand years old. I love to talk as well as getting feedback. However, this post was supposed to be about SC, so I should keep my comments about SC.

I don't think SC is "any good". I totally understand that it's not supposed to be the whole shebang, but rather a tiny taste of what Sacred 3 is going to be like. The first Dragon Age did that, they had a little, free minigame on their website that was supposed to give players a little taste of the Dragon Age story. But Sacred Citadel didn't go that route, it was sold as a stand alone. Now, if SC would have been given free to people who prepurchased Sacred 3, I'd say SC is a novel little idea. But as a stand alone game you have to pay for, SC blows. Back in the 90's, my cousins created games in his spare time that were not only better than SC, but also free. And if SC is a taste of what Sacred 3 will be, there's a tear in my beer for what the Sacred series is transforming into

#52 essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

I LOL'ed so hard when I read this thread, I had to reply... :4rofl:

Scott, I have a question for you that noone has been able to answer, especially since none of my friends drink coffee. Now, keep in mind that I have a heightened sense of smell. Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes when I leave coffee sit for a few hours, it smells faintly of cat urine. I've looked all over the net, others also have made this claim, but noone knows why. So, since you like hours old coffee, do you have an explanation?

Being a huge cat person, and an avid coffee drinker as well who has left their share of coffee sitting around... no I have never ever caught a whiff of cat pee from old coffee, on or off the burner.

On a less serious note, Wolfie was correct in that I was joking around; my reply was supposed to invoke a scene from your 'typical' group councelling meeting (ie AA, etc).

Oh, and back to the seriousness again, what exactly is the linkage from handy fish to dusty European jewels. :crazy:

My Signature

Posted Image

#53 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

That gave my fiance a chuckle, because she says you have no idea about what you're in for when you say "keep going". Because of the fact that I understand how everything's relative, I could start a conversation talking about the new species of fish they found the other day that uses its fins like hands, and end up talking about why I'm sure that the footlong smoky quartz I found in a bucket of dirt is from Romania and is roughly two thousand years old. I love to talk as well as getting feedback. However, this post was supposed to be about SC, so I should keep my comments about SC.

I don't think SC is "any good". I totally understand that it's not supposed to be the whole shebang, but rather a tiny taste of what Sacred 3 is going to be like. The first Dragon Age did that, they had a little, free minigame on their website that was supposed to give players a little taste of the Dragon Age story. But Sacred Citadel didn't go that route, it was sold as a stand alone. Now, if SC would have been given free to people who prepurchased Sacred 3, I'd say SC is a novel little idea. But as a stand alone game you have to pay for, SC blows. Back in the 90's, my cousins created games in his spare time that were not only better than SC, but also free. And if SC is a taste of what Sacred 3 will be, there's a tear in my beer for what the Sacred series is transforming into

I loled along with Scott here, and I absconded with your "tear in my beer"  line to work...love it, and this timing!

:)

gogo

#54 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Thanks, I have my moments. As far as the link between the fish and the smokey quartz, the link itself is simple, but every time I've had that conversation, someone has always steered the conversation to religion. Religion is a topic I stay as far away from as possible on forums. I've seen even the most peaceful religious discussions turn into angry debates, and I'll tell you what, I've seen enough anger and violence on the battlefield to last several lifetimes.

#55 Omnicide

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Welcome to the forum, Gilberticus! (Are you a decendent of Sparticus by any chance?)

This game probably would have appealed to me when I was a teenager, as I enjoyed any kind of mind-numbingly mindless game back then (e.g. Street Fighter), but nowadays I find sleeping to be more exciting than Sacred Citadel, and sleeping is free!

But all negative comments aside, if the price is right, I suppose this could be a decent game for those folks who don't have a lot of time to invest. I place Torchlight 1 above this game in both price and playability, however.

My Signature

2rejvoj.jpg

#56 Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

My nickname in the real world used to be Gilbert. My family called me Gilbert when I had done something ditzy.When I came home from the military all buff, they changed it to Gilberticus. As far as Torchlight, I would have liiked it except for the fact that it looked too cartoony for me. It's not a bad game, just not my style

#57 grimwold

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

ha ha you crazy BLEEP!s.  No where else do conversations like this happen without a troll wading in.

Only on dark matters.

yep and iam a sacred addict to.

Maybe we should start a group.

"wheres all my armour for my dragon the other characters have loads"silently rocks.

#58 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

ha ha you crazy BLEEP!s.  No where else do conversations like this happen without a troll wading in.

Only on dark matters.

yep and iam a sacred addict to.

Maybe we should start a group.

"wheres all my armour for my dragon the other characters have loads"silently rocks.

Awesome seeing you back here on the boards, Grimwold, you were missed sir!

:hugs:

gogo

#59 grimwold

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Thanxs gogo

#60 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

I see now they have on steam Citadel Jungle hunt for 4.99 DLC...and it just makes me saaaaaaaaaaaader...

:cry:

gogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users