Warrior Critical Shout Build

After my initial read through, I have two questions:

1. Why the Sigil of Fraility on the Rifle?

2. With such a high crit% anyway, might Sharpening Stones be more beneficial than Maintenance Oil?

After my initial read through, I have two questions:

1. Why the Sigil of Fraility on the Rifle?

2. With such a high crit% anyway, might Sharpening Stones be more beneficial than Maintenance Oil?

1. I didn't want another "kill stacking" sigil on that weapon; and for this build, sigil that trigger on Critical Hits are more effective than any other sigil since this build will inflict Critical Hits most of the time. After a little testing, the Vulnerability condition seemed to be more effective overtime than Bleeding with this build.

2. Sharpening Stones are an option I may consider, even though Maintenance Oils still boost this build Critical Hit chance by about 5-8%.

I added your questions and my answers to the first post.

Edited by Flooxim
  • 3 weeks later...

I updated the build according to the issues encountered in Dungeons. Trinkets will now be Soldier items upgraded with Knight's jewels. Gear sheet will be updated soon.

• 1 month later...

This build has been updated according to the changes included in the Sky Pirates of Tyria update. Traits have been re-worked.

Edited by Flooxim
  • 3 weeks later...

I updated the build with another way to get Weapons and Armor for this build (Badges of Honor in World vs. World).

Not sure if ascendant gear is worth it! For example I have Soldier's amulet with emerald jewel. My stats now on amulet: 105 power, 79 thoughness, 64 vitality, 25 precision.

Ascendant amulet: Thackeray Family Crest: 126 power, 85 thoughness, 85 vitality.

So why spend loads of laurels for only +21 power, +6 thoughness, +21 vitality?

Not to mention that infusion slots are useless imo you can't get anything good compared to emerald jewels.

I really want ascendant gear but how can I make these stats count?

Without running endless fractals, I'm counting on my daily and monthly laurel rewards to get the ascended items. My motto is: If I can afford it I buy it! For one item alone the ascended items might not prove much of a hoo-haa, but one amulet and two rings can actually squeeze that bit more performance out. In a 100mph race, the difference between 99mph and 101mph favours the faster car :)

Not sure if ascendant gear is worth it! For example I have Soldier's amulet with emerald jewel. My stats now on amulet: 105 power, 79 thoughness, 64 vitality, 25 precision.

Ascendant amulet: Thackeray Family Crest: 126 power, 85 thoughness, 85 vitality.

Not to mention that infusion slots are useless imo you can't get anything good compared to emerald jewels.

Welcome to darkmatters!

If you already have Exotic trinkets, the benefits to going Ascended are not huge. The most "bang for your buck" would come with a new L80, who can skip Exotic and go straight to Ascended.

• Like! 1

Lujate is right, the biggest impact will be if you jump from rare to ascended. I must admit I decided to equip an ascended amulet just for the sake of having one piece of gear that was higher quality than exotic.