Flame and Frost,

We scouted the dungeon tonight with a kid who knew it well, and it took us over 2 hours so make sure and clear enough time on Saturday morning. Overall the dungeon was not too difficult, but the final bosses are tricky. They send out wave attacks in all directions that you have to jump (up to four in rapid succession).

I have not had a chance to watch all of it, but here is a guide:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/30/gw2-molten-weapon-facilities-dungeon-guide/

I have been thinking about this new dungeon, and I believe it might be best to avoid pet professions and melee builds. I think both would suffer in the final fight (since melee characters and pets would have trouble avoiding the wave attacks). That being said, we had 3 (4 if you count Kiy's Necro) pet professions last night, and we pulled it off.

Thoughts?

imho Ranged professions without pets would def help. tbh in the end fight I was much too buzy to even pay attention to it, what with the jumping, dodging and constantly moving or your dead stuff going on... I think my Necro pet was dead the entire time. I would bring my Mes but she only has yellow gear, and I think we need all the fire power we can get, so for the good of the guild run I will bring umm.... WHAT? Suggestions?

imho Ranged professions without pets would def help. tbh in the end fight I was much too buzy to even pay attention to it, what with the jumping, dodging and constantly moving or your dead stuff going on... I think my Necro pet was dead the entire time. I would bring my Mes but she only has yellow gear, and I think we need all the fire power we can get, so for the good of the guild run I will bring umm.... WHAT? Suggestions?

Mesmer is also a pet class that derives a significant amount of its DPS from its illusions. I would suggest your Warrior.

I am not sure I have a good character for this dungeon. I may just have to call in sick tomorrow. :tomato: Melee builds are suicide (that eliminates Ele, Guardian & Thief), and Mesmer is a pet class. That only leaves my grenade Engineer. She has exotic trinkets and yellow gear. Also all of her attacks are ground-targeted Area of Effect's. I am not sure I can aim those while trying to stay alive.

Mesmer is also a pet class that derives a significant amount of its DPS from its illusions. I would suggest your Warrior.

I am not sure I have a good character for this dungeon. I may just have to call in sick tomorrow. :tomato: Melee builds are suicide (that eliminates Ele, Guardian & Thief), and Mesmer is a pet class. That only leaves my grenade Engineer. She has exotic trinkets and yellow gear. Also all of her attacks are ground-targeted Area of Effect's. I am not sure I can aim those while trying to stay alive.

BS, you can not call in sick.

Okay, I will bring Wygram (warrior) to the party. He has not been doing much lately. Now I just have to relearn how to play him again. :-]

:viking:

• Like! 1

I will be there too. By reading the last few posts, I'm not too confident about bringing (another) Warrior, so my Condition Elementalist will be used.

Wow, my first run of that dungeon was very exciting.

The dungeon is very well made, and for the first time (I think), NPCs were reviving us when we went down! :)

We didn't die too much in this dungeon (we wiped a few times at the end-boss), and everything went smooth until my computer crashed.

When I rebooted the game, it decided to repair itself. That made us lose 30 minutes there, I felt bad, so I knew I had to step up for the last part. I've been able to take down what was left of the first endboss while everyone else was defeated. Then there was a cutscene and the rest of the party got revived. It was so epic. Some of us got nice loot from that dungeon, and I look forward to run it again with you gang!

I recorded the run, but since my computer crashed during the run, the video file ended up being corrupted, so I can't share some other great moments of the run.

Well I ended up taking my Engineer, and my concerns regarding using all ground-targeted attacks and avoids the Area of Effect circle and wave attacks proved accurate. Also, the recent Healing Turret change really hurt during the final bosses. In the unlikely event I do this again, I will be taking my Mesmer. All things considered, I think she would be a better choice for me.

We wiped several times and this video only shows the winning fights.

Wow, I never thought Healing Turret would be that weak (well, they can't really jump to avoid the wave attacks :P ), and I'm pretty proud of how well my Elementalist did in this bossfight. Thank you Lujate for uploading footage I did not get to record. ;)

After the last patch, the Healing Turret now does 50% less healing on deploy. :(

Its not like it did massive heal before the patch.

Better late than never : big thanks to wygram for "tanking" one of the bosses while my ele was taking down the other.

Better late than never : big thanks to wygram for "tanking" one of the bosses while my ele was taking down the other.

Is that what I was doing, I thought I was getting the stuffing beat out of me. Every time I tried to get away they kept jumping on me.