Vikings - not bad

Was at my family's place this weekend, food, brew and laughter. One of my cousin's mentionned that he's been hooked on a new series called Vikings.

I actually got hooked to it after first three episodes (sigh...this seems to happen to me easy :lol:). It's a good filler in for those days when Game of Thrones isn't on, and it's way less gruesome...but I'm hooked by some of the characters, and I love seeing this "historical" bent on the story^^

Lead Character's being played by the Top Calvin Klein Underwear model from a few years ago? I was thinking this was going to be a Brad Pitt kinda thing, where I, for years now, could never really buy into his conviction, and so never really "bought" into his acting.

But this new guy, Travis Fimmel, is good!

He's got character, expressions, things I've never seen anyone do with face before, and there is such a feeling of strength and menace about him...he's the next talking eye candy that will go far me thinks.

Quality of cinematography is good, and this series has become a pleasure to watch for me... gotta fill up in 'tween time for Game of Thrones episodes huh ^^

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Was at my family's place this weekend, food, brew and laughter. One of my cousin's mentionned that he's been hooked on a new series called Vikings.

I actually got hooked to it after first three episodes (sigh...this seems to happen to me easy :lol:). It's a good filler in for those days when Game of Thrones isn't on, and it's way less gruesome...but I'm hooked by some of the characters, and I love seeing this "historical" bent on the story^^

Lead Character's being played by the Top Calvin Klein Underwear model from a few years ago? I was thinking this was going to be a Brad Pitt kinda thing, where I, for years now, could never really buy into his conviction, and so never really "bought" into his acting.

He's got character, expressions, things I've never seen anyone do with face before, and there is such a feeling of strength and menace about him...he's the next talking eye candy that will go far me thinks.

Quality of cinematography is good, and this series has become a pleasure to watch for me... gotta fill up in 'tween time for Game of Thrones episodes huh ^^

gogo

I checked out a trailer of this show on YouTube, and it doesn't look bad. What channel is it on? Netflix has run completely dry of interesting series, so I've been looking elsewhere for something to watch...

• Like! 1

gogo

I checked out a trailer of this show on YouTube, and it doesn't look bad. What channel is it on? Netflix has run completely dry of interesting series, so I've been looking elsewhere for something to watch...

I saw it at cousin's's house, I think he was streaming it?

History Channel. It's one of their own productions. Though, I think it may already be in hiatus here.

Yeah, even though it loox like high production values, I can't see this going on, though I was fascinated by some of the characters.

gogo