Shield or Constitution

claudius

I can only fit one in. If I take it whatever it is I will put 75 points into it. Which would you take? I am a fire elf with ranged block and close combat reflect. I also have armor lore. And then another defense is grand invigoration HP regeneration.

Depends on if you want a Unique / Legendary shield or not. Shield Lore is awesome, but you need a yellow shield to 'leverage' the shield enough to get decent usage in Niob.

As for Constitution, there's a lot to be said for a larger HP-pool ;)

Food for thought, I suppose. I still don't have a lot of playtime with I&B yet to properly answer you. :)

Thanks, essjayem. Yes, it's a hard choice. But it's a good thing if they are both awesome, just I have to choose only one!

What did you mean about unique (no access to legendary ie not downloading or 'twinking' (enhancing with gear/gold from other characters)? Is shield lore only useful with a yellow shield and % block combat art?

If your grand plan is to use Glacial Defender, etc... then shield lore does not do very much... some x% defence iirc.

Yeah, IMO shield lore is only 'good' when you have the yellow shield with x% block chance (sometimes you just need a specific block - CA's or projectiles - but generally the Block Chance: (with nothing behind it) is the strongest)

Cool chattius. I am challenging myself to beat niob without any shoppers or smithers or even gold and items to sell. I decided on constitution because that will protect versus spells, well at least more HP and regeneration to combat the spells damage. Thanks everyone. Fire elf.

Edited by claudius