Mesmer - How to Handle Dynamic Events?

So recently I've been trying to get into the playstyle of the Mesmer and I absolutely love it. It requires a lot more concentration and skill pushes than my current Thief does, but there is one problem that I seem to have run in to - Dynamic Events. When I play the Mesmer I can only seem to get Bronze and Silver awards, but very rarely I might pick up a gold if it's a single champion event. So my question is - how do you Mesmer players handle these events? The best strategy I've tried so far has been to throw the greatsword #2 and then switch over to staff for the bounces, but I'd like to hear some other opinions! :)

Here are some things off the top of my head.

GS #1 will hit any mobs between you and your target, so target the farthest mob and maneuver to catch others in the crossfire.

GS #4, your zerker will hit anything in its attack path (no Area of Effect limit).

GS #5 will tag up to five mobs within range, but is likely to raise the ire of nearby players.

Staff #5 is an Area of Effect.

Scepter #3, same as GS #1.

Pistol #5 hits up to three targets.

Sword #2 is a PBAOE that hits up to five melee range targets.

All shatters are also Area of Effect

Kiy and Wygram also have L80 Mesmers, so maybe they also have some advice.

• Like! 1

Here are some things off the top of my head.

GS #1 will hit any mobs between you and your target, so target the farthest mob and maneuver to catch others in the crossfire.

GS #4, your zerker will hit anything in its attack path (no Area of Effect limit).

GS #5 will tag up to five mobs within range, but is likely to raise the ire of nearby players.

Staff #5 is an Area of Effect.

Scepter #3, same as GS #1.

Pistol #5 hits up to three targets.

Sword #2 is a PBAOE that hits up to five melee range targets.

All shatters are also Area of Effect

Kiy and Wygram also have L80 Mesmers, so maybe they also have some advice.

Hmm, the only problem I've encountered with both the Phantasms/Shatter Area of Effect is that the mob dies too quickly for them to even get off that first attack chain. Didn't even realize the GS#5 did damage :sweating:

I love the great sword. I really never get around to Phantasms and Shatter. I mostly use GS#1 through GS#4, Mind stab (GS#3) is nice when battling bosses.

:viking: