Just got a new Tassimo!

Just got my Tassimo last night! I'd been cheaping out for too long and my old machine of fifteen years had conked out.
Running grinds through newspaper was leaving newsprint on my tongue.
Here's my new baby from Metro Grocery last night!

TASSIMO+T55+Opal+Black.jpg

:chef:

gogo

• Like! 1

Oooooooh, it's new and purdy. Wish I could just pop by for a quick cup of coffee...

Hope it will last you for as many years as the previous one, without the newsprint residue.

I also love new Gadgets.

Delta!

• Like! 1

Love new gadgets!

heh, you should have seen the old one we were using... a one cup philips cofee maker that Brad's sister had gotten him year and years ago. The thing was a beast! Small, but absolutely dependable with the most awesome thing in it, a PERMANENT filter.

Loved that that, no messy paper filters.

I was kept getting torn over the last few months tween just buying another drip coffee maker and sticking to grinds...but I finally caved in, and I gotta say the experience is wonderfully satisfying,.

yes Theuns, come over for a cup anytime!

:)

gogo

Well, when it had the permanent filter it was good enough for about ten years..but the filter ripped, and I was unable to find a replacement.

hence paper...for a horrible wee bit anyway

That nightmare test will purse me in my dreams

:oooo:

gogo

That's quite frugal of you Gogo, In spite of what Thorin might be saying... $20 is $20! Why, you could buy something useful with that money... :smart:

Like MORE coffee! :D

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

And I thought you finally got yourself a girlfriend. :wow:

Gogo, dude, I'm very, very, very disappointed in you. :dntknw:

I ...can't...resist...good deals...addiction...!

Thorin ;)

That's quite frugal of you Gogo, In spite of what Thorin might be saying... $20 is $20! Why, you could buy something useful with that money... :smart:

Yes!

Actually Wolfie, I had to buy a pack of coffee besides shelling out the money for the coffee maker... with the Tim Horton's deal I get LOADS of coffee and a cheaper machine...I'm coming ahead with a decent modicum.

This machine's so loud with all that jamming and pistons and steam.

Steam Punk Coffee!

:D

gogo

Yes!

Actually Wolfie, I had to buy a pack of coffee besides shelling out the money for the coffee maker... with the Tim Horton's deal I get LOADS of coffee and a cheaper machine...I'm coming ahead with a decent modicum.

Steam Punk Coffee!

gogo

Right. And that coffee will eventually run out. So you've now got an extra $20 to buy MORE! :D

A coffeemaker is fastfood. Hand grinded and hand filtered coffee is love, life and philosophy..... ;)

I'm soo lazy!

:cry:

Yes!

Steam Punk Coffee!

gogo

Right. And that coffee will eventually run out. So you've now got an extra $20 to buy MORE! :D

Yes!

I can hardly wait, I've got my eyes on some of the cool coffee flavors they have available. I just tried the cappucino...meh... I wanna gave the cafe au lait by nabob a go next, tried it at a friend's place love it.

gogo

Don't they have a sampler pack of some sort? You know, 1 or 2 of each flavor...

Eh.. Maybe not. Hmm.. That might be something to look into.

Anyhow.. I was looking around - and found your next accessory purchase... Seems like the perfect addition to your new toy..

Yes, that's right, the Nifty Tossimo disc dispenser..! Stores up to 4 different varieties and keeps them separate so you can see what you've got. :D

• Like! 1

Love what you found Wolfie! Maybe I can pick up a clone of it at a store or something around here, loox very convenient.

And...I got the special! Forty bux! me and Schot went down only ten minutes before the two o'clock mark when the "special" was supposed to launch nation wide.

Only three left!

:o

Picked one up, hefty amount of coffee packs inside, and a few minutes later they were bringing out machines.

Apparenltly there was huge scams being run around Canada for this...some store owners were trying to maintain the 'buzz" of the line up and making up stories about how only twenty got in within for now, and another twenty would be appearing two hours later...and of course, within minutes of the machines being given out, guess what started appearing on kijiji!

I got a t55, an upgrade from the one I had before, gonna give it to my darling aunt!

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

A reason for full beans and grinding yourself: mushrooms.

Only 0.2% of the coffee powder actually are in the cup of coffee. The rest is what?

Waste or better: a ground for eatible mushrooms. Oyster mushrooms are happily growing not only on stray but also on coffee leftovers. The leftovers are boiled and so free of not wanted bacteria and other small things. We normally used stray, then we did a stray/coffee and 12 weeks ago we did just coffee. The stray mix is easier for us - since we have lot of stray.

One of our ground cellars which was build in a time of no fridges, is used for some mushroom tests. Oyster mushrooms are rich on vitamin B12, which is short for a vegan. Also Oyter mushrooms lower cholesterin.

Whoever thought that coffee is bad for health.... you are just using the 0,2% and not the 99.8% ;)

Posted it because I finally found an english article. You know I am lazy with translations.

http://www.growveg.com/growblogpost.aspx?id=261

• Like! 1
  • 8 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread... Just read an article on Mother Jones' web site about these K-cup type packaged coffee makers. And it's kinda amazing. Seems all the 2 inch by 2 inch K-cups and similarly prepackaged coffee bindles sold last year, if lined up end to end would circle the earth 10 1/2 times.

http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2014/03/coffee-k-cups-green-mountain-polystyrene-plastic

And in addition to that, they're made of polystyrene - which can cause health issues - especially when heated.

Electric and faster .....

It was a dead race in our case. If the electric grinder has a fixed place where it can stay connected to the power grid, maybe.

If you have to get it, connect it, use it, disconnect and put it away ...

The manual grinder is a nice looking object which can stay as a decoration on a board, no time wasted at connecting, disconnecting, putting it away...

And of cause: it is black out resistant :)