problem with us patch 2.40 to 2.43

got the patch from the main sacred 2 site and downloaded it but now cannot save ingame oan when I save an exit nothing happens. Also the game crashes to deasktop now . I just have fallen angel not been able to fin fire an ice in stores yet

Welcome to Darkmatters!

With a bit of patience, you should be able to get the 2.40 to 2.43 patch from DarkMatters.

It sounds like you may need to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. For what it's worth, if you plan on getting the expansion, you likely won't need to get the 2.43 patch. All you need is 2.40.

Now then... If you live in North America, you will not see Sacred 2's expansion - Ice and Blood in the store - ever. It's a rather long story but it was released right about the time Ascaron went belly up in Bankruptcy court. Deep Silver, Ascaron's international distributer (read: everywhere EXCEPT North America) bought the rights to the Sacred franchise.

CDV, the US (and presumably Canadian) distributer pretty much lost out in this as Deep Silver chose not to renew the contract with CDV and thus, the expansion was never released to the North American market. Why? Doesn't matter.

BUT... All is not lost. In the past few months, Deep Silver has done 2 things -

1.) Removed the overly unnecessary Securom DRM crap from Sacred 2

2.) Released the game in a rebundled Electronic Download version that comes fully patched and ready to go. The game is available from Steam and Amazon and other game retailers for $20.00 USD. It's like a 13.6 GB download - so plan accordingly.

On the plus side, this will get you past this glitch - and it will give you Ice and Blood.

If it was up to me, I would go for the Amazon download for one reason - you will not need Steam's download engine to be running whenever you want to play.