Good Bye to Sacred as we used to love it.

BLaaR

It wouldn't have an existing fan base, there would be a need for FAR more effort as far as selling people on buying it goes.

Heh, effort is something DS sure doesn't want to put in I think :P

True... Tho, if you think about it, with what they've done thus far - basically alienate the loyal fan base - they may as well have started from scratch.

As it is, I don't know anyone who would put out the $$ for Sacred 3 as it has been described thus far.

Hmm.. I don't buy it... As far as I can recall, Keen was never known for anything quite so ambitious, game-wise.

Also, Ascaron went out of business quite a while ago, now. Sitting on a game for more than 4 years now is quite rare. Most companies can't afford to sit on code endlessly... They may have WANTED to do one, but never had a sugar daddy to pay for it. Now with Deep Silver, they do.

More likely scenario...

Deep Silver: Keen, we need to get Sacred 3 off the launch pad finally. Ascaron did the unthinkable and promised them Sacred 3 blatantly by putting themselves in the game.

Keen: OK. What did you have in mind?

DS: Well, We need a game that will involve the world of Ancaria (here's a copy of the first 2 games, familiarize yourself with them...

Some time later...

Keen: Wow... Great games! So... You want a 3rd act for this... Well.. It's going to cost you an arm and a leg and dibs on your first born.

DS: Er.. That much? How much can we get for just an arm?

Keen: Well, Hmm.. We'd have to lose a lot of things. No open world, linear script, an overly simplified loot system. And we'll have to cut down pretty much everything else.

DS: Great! Let's do this thing!

Keen: Um.. You do realize that the things we cut out are the very things that made these games as good as they were.

DS: Yes, yes, we understand that. But that's all that our bean counters will let us spend on it.

Keen: You do realize that will likely kill off the franchise...

DS: And your point is? We have other franchises out there. We'll survive...

Keen: Yeah.. OK.. Well... it's your funeral...

heh, I like this Little Faith...but in love for a horror movie kind of way

:4rofl:

gogo

I would at least like to see what the developers come up with for the game. I assume it probably hasn't changed much from the original description that had been given, but no news has come out about the game at all except for the brief couple paragraph preview over a year ago.

The Sacred Citadel game was released, but that was never supposed to be like the actual Sacred 3 title. I'm not very excited, but what comes out could still at least be fun, maybe? They are still releasing it right? I saw where the release date has been pushed back to December?

• Like! 1

The Sacred Citadel game was released, but that was never supposed to be like the actual Sacred 3 title.

I played Sacred Citadel, and thought it was fun for the type of game that is. I think it would have been far better received if it didn't have the Sacred series branded on to it. Which is also the problem I think Sacred 3 will run into. A game that is probably pretty fun on it's own, but because the Sacred series is branded on to it we expect so much more.

I would at least like to see what the developers come up with for the game. I assume it probably hasn't changed much from the original description that had been given, but no news has come out about the game at all except for the brief couple paragraph preview over a year ago.

The Sacred Citadel game was released, but that was never supposed to be like the actual Sacred 3 title. I'm not very excited, but what comes out could still at least be fun, maybe? They are still releasing it right? I saw where the release date has been pushed back to December?

PurpleSpace, welcome to DarkMatters!

I didn't have a chance to play Sacred Citadel, but Ryan and a few others had reported back that it was realatively fun...though most of us think that the connection to Sacred games was perhaps a little thin? Schot got the demo from Steam working on his computer and he played through for a bit, perhaps in MP it would have that added zing that would make it a compelling purchase for me

Re Sacred 3...I keep hoping and actually have faith that enough activity, player posts and interest in Sacred 3 via our forum, wiki or Sacred 3 official forum can once again jar Keen Games and Deep Silver back to life, and progress can continue

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

No, Grimmy.. You know you've played too much Sacred (and to be fair) Sacred 2 when you can sit down and write a 300+ page story about Ancaria and get most of the facts right - without having the Sacred Wiki to do any fact checking... That's 300 + pages, single spaced, using the Carolinga font (it's the harder of the two fonts used in Sacred and Sacred 2 to read)...

Oh.. And (at least from the feedback you've gotten thus far) make it so it's at least interesting to read...

• Like! 1

Ha ha I feel a lot calmer now I have had my loot fix. :)

I might give sophias choice a read tonight wolfie it looks good, looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it.

You know you've played to much sacred when you think your a gladiator.

Better than being a male who thinks your a seraphim :P

or a girl who thinks your a dwarf. :)

Edited by grimwold
  • 2 months later...

Well after reading some user posted comments posted here :

http://www.trueachievements.com/n10479/sacred-3-details-and-screens.htm

And the users quoting where they read and saw what they are saying, I think I can safely say we will not get the same experience that we had in S1 and Sacred 2.

That is :

1. No loot. You will only get XP and gold from monsters which you can spend at town hubs.

2. No open world but instead relatively linear.

3. Quests. No more traveling up and down on the map to complete quests.

The list goes on, but the above is a real deal breaker for me. I do not want another Dark Siders type of game.

We sure will miss Ascaron no doubt !

What is wrong with Darksiders? Ok I never played the 1. part yet. But Darksiders 2 is fkn awesome with enough open world for me and you also have loot xp and skillpoint. Sadly no coop or MP :/

And ofc you need to go back to turn in quests as well :)

Edited by Sneak0r