21 years old, and still purring

She's looking better than ever...I actually took this shot a few days ago, Schot was on vacay, and the cat was just pining looking up and being all cozy... or...

perhaps her secret caption was

"Pick me up Bitch"

:lol:

gogo

p.s. lol I may have been WAY out of line with that caption (specially here on DarkMatters)... someone please complain here and I'll take it down :)

I think it fits the photo very well gogo, I can almost see her tail twitching with annoyance...

Delta!

I had a gecko for over 15 years, and I don't know how old he was when I got him (he was already fully grown). His species can live for over 20 years! You don't usually think of little critters like that lasting so long, but he was there for a lot in my life. I think old age finally got Truman, just a few months ago. For cats it may be loss of purring, but for geckos it's when they can't shed their skin anymore.

Ikuvauu.jpg

But SX255, as you said, getting a new pet is a great feeling, so a little while back I picked up Sammy, newly hatched but already tame and sweet. Their species can also live for a very long time. Here's to 15 more years!

BLKTT8b.jpg

Flix, did not know they could live so long! How good is a reptile's recognition for us? I mean after that long, can it REALLY recognize u? Does it show affection?

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

She's looking better than ever...I actually took this shot a few days ago, Schot was on vacay, and the cat was just pining looking up and being all cozy... or...

perhaps her secret caption was

"Pick me up Bitch"

gogo

p.s. lol I may have been WAY out of line with that caption (specially here on DarkMatters)... someone please complain here and I'll take it down :)

I think it fits the photo very well gogo, I can almost see her tail twitching with annoyance...

Delta!

hahahahha

yeah she was waiting...but this computer is such a time robber!

:4rofl:

gogo

We've had our cats for 5 years now I think. Alex, the golden/orange tabby has claimed our son as his human. It gets pretty funny when Alex gets annoyed with him.

Bravo on him ibeing "claimed" by this higher being ^^

Reminds me of that author's books, she was a great writer about the dragons all coming out of eggs, and when they came out would 'claim" a human for them for the rest of their lives to whom they could speak telepathically.

Riders of Pern or something like that?

gogo

• Like! 1

We are celebrating life here, not morning the inevitable.

Exactly it. I could not have said it better. The cat sometimes, just by looking at her is a calming experience. You get in synch with her slow measrued breaths, enjoy the moment.

Yeah, this is about the love of the daily day and the beings we choose to have with us on the path

*high fivers* Sx255

gogo

• Like! 1

Tried once, never again.

Lot of paperwork and failed when they wanted me to sign that the cat would be prevented from leaving the house or hunting. I could understand that it was an institute in a big city with a lot of traffic. But they didn't even try to ask why I wouldn't sign. Living countyside and cats would have to keep the mice away in the barn...

Don't know for other places but this one was like signing a contract where you have to pay a lot and you wouldn't become the owner. They had the right to ask for the pet returned if there was a breaking of the stuff you had to sign.

How strange it is when we see an actual cat walking the streets uncollared...

why...in the old days, they used to be wild!

^^

:D

gogo

I've only come lately to understand ordinances, rules and regulations for the animals in our neighborhood

There were some off topic posts in this topic, I was away, and they all sprouted off.

I've removed them

BANISHED

;)

gogo

You didn't really ban him did you? Just for saying he felt like he couldn't speak freely?

• Like! 1

Bravo on him ibeing "claimed" by this higher being ^^

Reminds me of that author's books, she was a great writer about the dragons all coming out of eggs, and when they came out would 'claim" a human for them for the rest of their lives to whom they could speak telepathically.

Riders of Pern or something like that?

gogo

It can also refer to the Inheritance cycle. Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance. penned by Christopher Poalini.

This fixation is a problem if you try to raise young birds fallen from a nest or adults died. Remember when I had 4 one day old red backed shrikes. We call them Neuntöter (Killer of nine), because they pierce they prey on thorns as a food storage for rainy days. Wearing black gloves and a black t-shirt, the gloves had something like a beak between pointing finger and thumb.

Learned the hard way from the time when I raised a western jackdaw, which was to tame to fly away when grown up. Very intelligent bird, can even do some unwanted tricks, like loosening cloth-pegs when we did the washed cloths out at the sun. Nothing to blame on the jackdaw, it used to sit on a shoulder when young and learned and imitated when we put the pegs. The bird is 13 now, quite old for a wild one, but tame ones can go up to 25.

But for cats, there is the old saying: a human can choose a dog, but a cat will pick its human. At least at countryside and the cat free to strive around.

• Like! 1
  • 8 months later...

There were some off topic posts in this topic, I was away, and they all sprouted off.

I've removed them

BANISHED

;)

gogo

You didn't really ban him did you? Just for saying he felt like he couldn't speak freely?

ahahha, gosh no

just the posts!

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. And... sTar's now 22 years old, Schot got a back pack for yer yesterday, and she was taken outside, want to have her get the smells and outside air again before she passes on. Very amusing to see her sniff around at grass and dandelion leaves and munch happily away, while she carefully tries to walk on grass... must be at least 8 years since she was allowed to go outside. The fifty bux paid for this amazing cat-in-the-bag bag was satisfying, if not only for this one outing in her gold years.

:heart:

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

I got a kitty yesterday...

We have some free roaming cats on the Hotel property where I work, and I've seen about 2 batches of kittens grow up, but they usually stay outside and away from the busier areas of the hotel... However one female was brave enough to enter the dining room and find a hole in the wall that was made when there where upgrades done to the electrical wires and gas lines, and it was never repaired. she had her litter of kittens there. it is just as you enter the dining room from the kitchen, there is a stove and oven that we use for Chefs table dinners. well, it is not very hygienic having animals so close to an industrial kitchen.

They manged to catch all the kittens(7-8 weeks old) and told staff if anyone wants one they can take, otherwise they will be taken to the local SPCA. 2 where snatched up immediately, and a student took the other four, for "safekeeping". and she only had them for 2 days before they all had new homes. My flatmate, Zel, was the one who wanted another kitten and begged me to ask if we can have the only female that was left(smallest little runt of the litter). she is white with a very light brown colouring on her tail, back, neck, head and ears. It is "our" cat, but mine aswell... if that makes sense. or well if I move then she comes along...

I have decided to call her Piper. She loves being held close, and being near you. Right now she is napping on my lap.

Will post a photo soon

Delta!

I love the name Piper! Very fresh, I've never heard it before

Don't hold back on those pIx Theuns!

gogo

Yup need pictures...actually my daughter demands it :D Wait til it learns the joy of laying on your keyboard as you type lol

ha

My own cat hasn't done this yet, or perhaps because she's not allowed on the desk :4rofl:

It's great to have her on the lap while typing or playing games though, the l'il ole lady falls asleep, quite contentedly

gogo

• Like! 1

However, you had to shoo her away while on the phone - maybe it waas our brand of phone but apparently she had exactly the right pitch(?) to sound like a jackhammer or something and drown the conversation with her purring.

wow, I just get this!! Every time I'm on the phone with my mom, or a woman's voice, my cat goes berzerk...lol she wants all the attention...!

gogo

• Like! 1

My cat used to sleep on the huge warm cathode tube PC monitor. Then she started sleeping on the much more stable PC block under the table, and use the rooter as a pillow.

When we upgraded to a flat screen, a lot of room opened up on the table, so she would sit next to the keyboard, and get a petted. At first there was even a warm power adapter on the table to keep her warm.

And since our other laptop was on the table, she would sit on the lap.

DSC00324.jpg

P4253456.jpg

PB093550.jpg

12072012155.jpg

16072012160.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

P8153384.jpg

:sigh:

Your cat is absolutely adorable.

She has the perfect amount of fur, length and, to me, her markings are beautiful.

On top of that, she has a great leonine face which melts me on cats...kind of like ours, but yours has longer hair

gogo

• Like! 1