21 years old, and still purring

I have a few pictures of Piper.

So cute!

>My cat used to sleep on the huge warm cathode tube PC monitor. Then she started sleeping on the much more stable PC block under the table, and use the rooter as a pillow.

They like warm places for sure. Ours managed to find not one but three spots where the heated floor was warmest.

Actually got a electric warmer for heating down swelling from running, course the cat loves to commandeer it when it's not in use, like your cat with the warm spots on the floor, our figgered out where life is good too

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Yeah, it's just amazing how they manage to figure out some things and do not one bit care for others.

Would so like to have another cat, but since I live in the middle of a city I would have to keep it locked up all day and that just doesn't work for me.

One of ours prefers the dung pile or however the pit for the horse apples, stuff from cleaning hen and quail pens goes. Well I prefer it too, but for growing chilis in our too cold for them normally area.

The walls are painted with something like tar to keep the water in the pit. It heats up nicely in the sun. Together with the heat from rotting stuff its enough for chili,, tomato, paprica, ...

post-4779-0-81720200-1415611608_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

One of ours prefers the dung pile or however the pit for the horse apples, stuff from cleaning hen and quail pens goes. Well I prefer it too, but for growing chilis in our too cold for them normally area.

What?.. Your cat sleeps on the poo pile? And you sleep on it too?.. What?

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 1

What?.. Your cat sleeps on the poo pile? And you sleep on it too?.. What?

ROFL

The walls are painted with something like tar to keep the water in the pit. It heats up nicely in the sun. Together with the heat from rotting stuff its enough for chili,, tomato, paprica, ...

Chattius, You have invented Chilli Con Kat!

Nothing stops a cat from her heat!

:bounce:

gogo

My cat used to sleep on the huge warm cathode tube PC monitor. Then she started sleeping on the much more stable PC block under the table, and use the rooter as a pillow.

When we upgraded to a flat screen, a lot of room opened up on the table, so she would sit next to the keyboard, and get a petted. At first there was even a warm power adapter on the table to keep her warm.

And since our other laptop was on the table, she would sit on the lap.

DSC00324.jpg

P4253456.jpg

PB093550.jpg

12072012155.jpg

16072012160.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

P8153384.jpg

:sigh:

Wonder if you live in a place where you automatically count the dark stripes on the foreheads of a young kitten your cat brought home. If it are 5 you get angry and shout not yet another blender.

And yes my avatar has 5 stripes which is normal for a european WILD cat. If they are on young house cats you know they are a mix of wild and house cat and will never get really tame. Such a mix is called Blender here. But at least they are great rat hunters.

• Like! 1

Wonder if you live in a place where you automatically count the dark stripes on the foreheads of a young kitten your cat brought home. If it are 5 you get angry and shout not yet another blender.

And yes my avatar has 5 stripes which is normal for a european WILD cat. If they are on young house cats you know they are a mix of wild and house cat and will never get really tame. Such a mix is called Blender here. But at least they are great rat hunters.

No, we don't do that here.

She was a stray kitten my dad picked up at his construction site.

• Like! 1

My cat used to sleep on the huge warm cathode tube PC monitor. Then she started sleeping on the much more stable PC block under the table, and use the rooter as a pillow.

When we upgraded to a flat screen, a lot of room opened up on the table, so she would sit next to the keyboard, and get a petted. At first there was even a warm power adapter on the table to keep her warm.

And since our other laptop was on the table, she would sit on the lap.

DSC00324.jpg

P4253456.jpg

PB093550.jpg

12072012155.jpg

16072012160.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

P8153384.jpg

:sigh:

Like that word "blender"

:gogo:

gogo

She was a stray kitten my dad picked up at his construction site.

I love this

So many animals to pick up that have been abandoned or at the SPCA

probably next l'il furry person's gonna come from there

:gogo:

gogo

We took Piper to the vet yesterday, for first vacination, de-worming and just a general check-up. The vet looked at the form, looked at uhm... 'Her' and said, "Piper is a boy... But I understand your confusion, a very delicate face and body, with fine features."

We are keeping the name Piper for him. All the tests that was done was good and he is a very healthy kitten

Delta!

• Like! 1

The vet looked at the form, looked at uhm... 'Her' and said, "Piper is a boy... But I understand your confusion, a very delicate face and body, with fine features."

Unbelievable.

This happened again? My dad made the same mistake whit my cat also.

How do people keep make this mistake when looking under the cat hood?

What I hate a bit is that the local animal shelter accepts dogs which are brought into country by returning tourists. They see these poor stray dogs and take them home to germany. But most tourists don't care for them themself but give them to an animal shelter. Not alone that it is quite expensive for a shelter to do the injections against all possible diseases, the dogs are often a very short haired race - absolutly unfitting for a country dog in our cold and windy area.

I stopped giving money to the local shelter some years back and prefer to fight the problem at its roots. Ask my kids to walk with agile big dogs of old fragile people, or buy animal food in LARGE amounts (around 60 packs each 50 pounds). I tell the people who do hard to keep an animal because of too low money that at this amount I buy the price is really really really low. Actually I calculate so bad for the second and third really that it would be a shame for my university where I studied maths.

Perhaps I should ask for public money for my own animal shelter: 3 Horses, 5 dogs, 6 cats, 108 quails, 16 hens, 7 geese, a weasel, a three legged hedgehog, a tame jawbird, ....

Probably the amount of birds will lower in winter when some are turned into anti-coldness soups.

• Like! 1

Very cute little kitty Delta :)

Of course now my daughter thinks we need a kitten to compliment the dog...I guess some type of pet feng shui I guess lol

See how wonderfully sensible she sounds?

U, my friend, have no chance

:lol:

gogo

As I see it, everyone needs the help of a cat now and again. The problem is knowing when and finding a cat that is willing to help.

Well said!

Indeed, cats are the secret furry angels sent to Earth to help us find solace, happiness and get our cozy needs smothered in fur

:D

gogo