Chinese version of Sacred 2 CM Patch?

Some guys managed to make the Chinese patch for sacred 2 golden edition recently,so I wonder can anybody tell me how to make a Chinese version of CM patch?

Edited by timeonlooker

Welcome to DarkMatters!

Very cool that Sacred 2 is now available - however unofficially - in Chinese! Is it in Mandarin or Cantonese or both?

I'm not certain that would be the best way to go. The CM Patch has evolved from a simple mod that enabled a couple of quests that got disabled (the Christmas Island quests) and has gone on to do a lot more - like adding new quests, new armor sets, and a bunch of other little tweaks that make the game better. Most of these require tools that aren't generally available.

It would likely be easier to get in touch with Marcuswob or Czevak by way of a Private Message either here or on the MantisBT site and maybe find out if they're willing to do another language. Bear in mind, there's a LOT of translation that would need to be done from either English or German into Chinese.

This way, you would be doing the relatively easy part - translating - while they get to do the more complicated bits - tweaking the code to make it all work.

As it is right now, the CM Patch is available in German, English, French, Spanish, Italian and Russian... There were some people who were going to help out to make it available in Polish, Czelovakian, Hungarian and Japanese - but the people who volunteered to do those vanished and those translations never got completed. So if you volunteer to help out with translation - please be aware there's a LOT of content that needs to be translated.

• Like! 1

It's in Mandarin and as a matter of fact we do have official Chinese version of the sacred 2 game.We just do not have the Chinese version of ice & blood.

Well thanks for the information.I shall try to discuss with those guys who translated the ice & blood and see if they are willing to do the work. :P

Edited by timeonlooker

Actually.. You misunderstood me.. Marcuswob and Czevak didn't translate Ice and Blood - they are the ones who coded the mods for the CM Patch.

But yeah... They're the ones to talk with... Good luck. :D

• Like! 1

this is actually a fascinating question. I've split off the series of messages re a chinese version of patch into it's own Topic.

A little more visibility, and, I also get to say...

Welcome to DarkMatters timonlooker!

:)

gogo

Well when I say ''discuss with those guys who translated ice & blood" I mean I'll discuss with guys here in China.We also have BBS for sacred 2 here.

And yeah I'll try to contact with Marcuswob and Czevak,too. :P

OH.. That's different.. Never mind.. :D My confusion...

• 1 month later...

Wolfie created a thread in our bugtracker:

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=1065

We'd like to have a look at the chinese global.res or some translations to integrate chinese into out toolchain. Especially pesmontis will need this to adapt his s2rw tool.

Wie need translations in Windows' Unicode Text Format.

CU Marcus

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Some guys managed to make the Chinese patch for sacred 2 golden edition recently,so I wonder can anybody tell me how to make a Chinese version of CM patch?

没有,只能用黄金版汉化补丁玩

I've translated your post darksnake

没有,只能用黄金版汉化补丁玩

No, can only use the gold version of the patch to play