Reviving SacredWiki - Looking for help!

Wow Schot, 1.19 is a huge achievement. Congrats and thanks! :)

By the way, I think that there have been some changes (there must have been with so many versions!) on the skinning system, but is essentially the same thing than with oldest versions. But I'd say that a nice clean option would to rewrite the skin from the scratch. Well, not from the scratch, really; most common skinning technique in latest versions of mediawiki consist in copy the default skin and extend/modify the sources and styles (and try replicating our old skin feats on it). At least we can consider that a possibility...

The front page of the Wiki...

YAY!

Now if only the rest of the site was working properly.. First page I tried to load blew chunks with a database error... :(

Database error

Jump to: navigation, search
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "LinkHolderArray::replaceInternal". Database returned error "1271: Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN ' (localhost)".

The link in question was for the Easter Eggs page.

There are a lot of pages that ARE working OK... But the Map page is not one of them. It appears to be missing entirely...

The Skills page seems to have some remnants of BBCode ( [ u ] and [ /u ]) around many items.

But hey, it's a start...

Btw.. Might wanna put a note up on the News section about the return of the wiki...

Edited by wolfie2kX

It lives! :yay:

I did a quick glance at the quest pages and the overview pages come up. The Map of Ancaria does not work, but you probably expected that.

Yay Schot!

yeah Lujate, was going through the links, they're mostly all working, map is down and Easter eggs seem to be down to...but oh, my edit fingers are itching, I see lots of pages I want to edit and add to.

Thanks Schot, the world's cheering your victory!

:)

gogo

Good point about the news section having an update to celebrate ourt return. If anyone wants to write something please feel free!

Easter Eggs fixed!

BBcode: check! I'd like to see if we can find an plugin for BBcode before replcing it all.

Map. Yup, I knew that wasn't going to work. Might be a big job...

Hurray it's alive again! :drinks:

YAY! Now comes the hard part for me... Remembering all the easter eggs I found in the past 7 months and sorting them out into something presentable on the wiki...

I see the skin is back too! YAY...! The stark white background was just a bit too weird.

Btw... Is there any new fangled trick with the new software on how to embed a youtube video link?

Might also want to make sure people know that usernames are now most definitely case sensitive. I somehow doubt any log ins are valid now since the wiki's been down for as long as it has.

OK...

I put a new notice is up in the NEWS section.

WE'RE BAAACK! July 25th, 2013 After a long absence, the SacredWiki is back in action! Well... Mostly. The wiki has undergone several major upgrades - the software that runs the wiki, the database backbone and the intervening software engine that makes it all work all got a much needed upgrade! As such, with all that upgrading that went on, some things got broken. There are still a few items that don't quite work as yet, but we're getting there. If you happen to find something that isn't working, coughing up a database error, please feel free to report it at our sister site, darkmatters.org

I figure might as well have the bugs reported here - so we can fix 'em. I suppose I should go back and mention the map is outta commission for the moment...

Done:

By the way, the Sacred 2 Map is out of commission for the time being. That will need some more work. No need to report that being down

The new Easter Eggs I found in the last few months have been filed (for the moment) under Assorted Eggs - except for the Sacred Underworld eggs. Since there isn't an Easter Egg page for Sacred, or Underworld, I'll have to do a bit of thinking as to how to go about putting them in.

Still need to figure out how to embed a YouTube video or two. The old way seems to be borked.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Wolfie, that's awesome, good for you with the news section update, thank you!

And I think Schot's figgering out the videos as we speak

I was looking at Sacred underworld and original, we could build new pages for them down the line.

gogo

Oh awesome wolfie. Thanx! Now can you go back and let everyone know the map is back? lol. I just got it working. I should really go to bed but... I can't. :oooo: Nice work on the easter eggs. I'll have a solution for youtube tomorrow. :)

Map of Ancaria

• Like! 1

HURRAH!

You Schot... you're the king!

smiley_emoticons_kinggrin_anbeten2.gif

So, first of all, and important question: is it ready for editing again? If not I'd not do any advertise yet. But if it's ready then.... ATTACK!!!! :D

Thank you soooooooooooo much Schot.

Edited by Zeno
  • Like! 1

Wolfie, that's awesome, good for you with the news section update, thank you!

And I think Schot's figgering out the videos as we speak

I was looking at Sacred underworld and original, we could build new pages for them down the line.

gogo

True.. I figured as much.. :D

Oh awesome wolfie. Thanx! Now can you go back and let everyone know the map is back? lol. I just got it working. I should really go to bed but... I can't. :oooo: Nice work on the easter eggs. I'll have a solution for youtube tomorrow. :)

Map of Ancaria

SWEET! And it's done. Removed the extra blurb about the map. :resp::woot:

HURRAH!

You Schot... you're the king!

smiley_emoticons_kinggrin_anbeten2.gif

So, first of all, and important question: is it ready for editing again? If not I'd not do any advertise yet. But if it's ready then.... ATTACK! :D

Thank you soooooooooooo much Schot.

Of course it is... I already added the stuff I found to the wiki and added the blurb welcoming everyone back. :paladin: CHARGE!

Wow it's like welcoming back a long lost friend. Noticed several small things like borders not working but doubt we need to worry about that right now....all the info is there.

Like I said if we have to go thru each page for syntax errors...let me know....be glad to help out

Very nice work Schot (told ya you could do it :P)

• Like! 1

Huzzah! Job well done Schot.

You are now awarded a Master's in PHP and a Doctorate in Wiki Restoration from the school built in Thylysium. :drinks:

I did a few edits, so everything looks to be in good shape.

• Like! 1

@Zeno

lol @ King emoticon. I was/am a bit weary about the stability of our database too. At first I wanted to put the wiki offline for a while. Leaving it open though is the best way to test things I think. At least this way I'm getting help from everyone rather than doing all the checking myself before opening the wiki doors. :) I've got tons of backups so if something goes wrong then restoring it will be quick and easy. Sooooo. ATTACK!

@wolfie

Thanx again for the news! I'll have a look at that case sensitivity when I can. Is our forum login case sensitive? Hmmm. Need to check that.

@Knuckles

So true. Been gone too long. I'd forgotten what a glorious thing it is. :) Cheers for the confidence. I have to say I really didn't think I could manage it. Certainly not in so much time as it took. Thanx again for the offer to hack away at the wiki. You and a number of others are like secret weapons, lol. Once you guys get going there's no stopping.

@Flix

Hehe. Maybe I'll make that my new avatar. :D

@Ellder

My pleasure Ellder!

@Mystyx

I just wanna say thanx to my family. I coudn't have done it without you. *graduation music in the background* And now... I have a speech I'd like to read you all. It should only take a couple hours. :smart:

@Ysne

Meeeee too!

@all

So for now let's not worry about the big stuff. There's a number of things broken that I might be able to resolve and will have a cascading effect which will save a lot of time. The things I'm thinking of are youtube videos and bbcode.

As for the rest I'm not sure what else to look at. Might be time to start a new topic for us to post what needs to be fixed. Thanx for all the feedback so far everyone. It helps!

I have made a couple of notes here and there for things to check. I'll also be checking as I work through my next play through which is still in the very early stages.

There are two different places that I could post since I do have an account. Should I do it now or wait til Monday?

More importantly, can I remember how to log in there?

Edited by Ysne58

Just a thought - would it make sense to post the return of the Wiki on Steam's Sacred 2 thread?

Definitely!

In fact, if anyone has access to threads in any forum that they've visited, please update it with a post to the community? This can help people hook up with us again. We're reviewing new registration procedures, as there's no more bridge tween forum and wiki (:() But for reading, it's holding up.

gogo