D3 Account Hacked But Benefits Remain?

So, I logged on a few days ago to find out that my Blizzard account had been hacked, and passwords changed :o I was a little outraged, but it is what it is. Luckily, I was able to work with support the last few days and recovered my account, set up new authenticator security, and got everything back to working order. However, today I went to go switch over to the European servers to see who was playing over there. To my surprise, two toons had already been created! Both of which I had never seen. Upon further inspection, the shared stash had a few sets and orange items, along with 500,000 gold. So needless to say, whoever had hacked my account was quite busy while they had access. Hey, extra loot for me right? :whistle:

Nasty stuff, good thing that you sorted it out in the end.

Let me guess, atleast one of those chars on the EU servers was a monk?

• Like! 1

Nasty stuff, good thing that you sorted it out in the end.

Let me guess, atleast one of those chars on the EU servers was a monk?

Yes it was! A monk and witch doctor. Was there a monk conspiracy going on? :o

So, I logged on a few days ago to find out that my Blizzard account had been hacked, and passwords changed :o I was a little outraged, but it is what it is. Luckily, I was able to work with support the last few days and recovered my account, set up new authenticator security, and got everything back to working order. However, today I went to go switch over to the European servers to see who was playing over there. To my surprise, two toons had already been created! Both of which I had never seen. Upon further inspection, the shared stash had a few sets and orange items, along with 500,000 gold. So needless to say, whoever had hacked my account was quite busy while they had access. Hey, extra loot for me right? :whistle:

oh crap, ryan that sucks!

I'm really glad you got it sorted with blizzard. I'm curious though, was your password really really good, or good? Or do they have such good technology that they can crack anything.

:)

gogo

oh crap, ryan that sucks!

I'm really glad you got it sorted with blizzard. I'm curious though, was your password really really good, or good? Or do they have such good technology that they can crack anything.

I wouldn't say it's the best password ever created by far, but this has been the first game/online account I've ever had hacked (different passwords across the board). So not quite sure what to make of it, just that I know I won't be using that password again :D

• Like! 1