Diablo 3 Console Release September 3rd!

So as many of you may or may not know, Diablo 3 is coming to consoles on September 3rd! What exactly does this mean? We'll it means that Blizzard is broadening their market even further, and taking the steps to involve people who might not enjoy, or might not be able to enjoy playing on a PC. Alot of us here on DarkMatters already own a PC copy, and might see no reason to pick up a console copy. To those doubters I'll leave this article here which I found to be pretty accurate and covers the differences between the two versions of the game. http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/diablo-3-console-slightly-better-pc-version-can-we-have-changes-our-version-please

Many PC gamers have found that this release is a big slap in the face to them, and I understand that. However, I've decided to see the game as a 'new' experience. A full ladder reset, no Auction House, enhanced crafting system, direct control, better loot drop rates, and OFFLINE/LAN play? I almost feel like I'm discussing a different game here :P

Right now the pre-orders are $10 off, (Personally I think it's because they didn't sell as much) and you get a couple of goodies for getting in early. I've already ordered my copy because I really do think it will be a different experience and I'm curious to give it a go! :)

Pre-order bonuses: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/#best

• Like! 1

I've also ordered my copy, though through my local GAME store, Like you, I'm looking on it as a separate game, pretty much as I viewed Sacred 2 on PS3 as different to the PC version. I'm wondering how well it will handle, although I'm trying to keep an open mind.

• Like! 1

Unfortunate that the PS3/Xbox versions are not compatible servers, I'd love to play with you! At least you guys are looking at the better pre-order bonuses :P

I have not pre-ordered the Xbox version yet, but most likely will this week to score the $10 discount that is bveing offered. Pretty excited about this. Improved loot, and no auction house will hopefully make this an even funner game than the PC version.

• Like! 1

I have not pre-ordered the Xbox version yet, but most likely will this week to score the $10 discount that is bveing offered. Pretty excited about this. Improved loot, and no auction house will hopefully make this an even funner game than the PC version.

Yea hopefully the absence of the auction house makes this a game more about playing your character and not playing the AH :D

So this idiotic interface is the real reason we can have only 4 players and no chat channels.

They were planning it all for this all along...

Didn't they add in chat channels around 1.0.6? Anyways, yea I definitely think it was a game made with the eventual console version in mind. Here are some screenshots from the D3 that was in production before Activision stepped in and Blizzard North was still in operation :P

Diablo3-2005-1.jpg

screen07.jpg

D3-early-bone-screenshot1.jpg

So as many of you may or may not know, Diablo 3 is coming to consoles on September 3rd! What exactly does this mean? We'll it means that Blizzard is broadening their market even further, and taking the steps to involve people who might not enjoy, or might not be able to enjoy playing on a PC. Alot of us here on DarkMatters already own a PC copy, and might see no reason to pick up a console copy. To those doubters I'll leave this article here which I found to be pretty accurate and covers the differences between the two versions of the game. http://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo/diablo-3-console-slightly-better-pc-version-can-we-have-changes-our-version-please

Many PC gamers have found that this release is a big slap in the face to them, and I understand that. However, I've decided to see the game as a 'new' experience. A full ladder reset, no Auction House, enhanced crafting system, direct control, better loot drop rates, and OFFLINE/LAN play? I almost feel like I'm discussing a different game here :P

Right now the pre-orders are $10 off, (Personally I think it's because they didn't sell as much) and you get a couple of goodies for getting in early. I've already ordered my copy because I really do think it will be a different experience and I'm curious to give it a go! :)

Pre-order bonuses: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/#best

Awesome post and topic for the new release! I love how there's going to be no Auction House, and how it was referred to as not paying Diablo 3 but the AH instead. I hated Auction house, and for my last run through this game in Soft Core, I really didn't have to use it, and was so much fun.

You make a compelling case Ryan, I don't have a gaming console, but I'll be really interested to see how this works out and if Blizzard gets the magic right this time.

:)

gogo

Ryan - those pictures are pretty amazing. I love the graphics up there in Heaven (my thanks to the team at D3 for giving me the possibility of typing that), but those are even better.

Gogo - leave it until November, there'll be a load of people selling their PS3s as they buy PS4s in their place. D3 is designed for PS3, so there won't be a problem running it. I'll be buying one, although I will be holding onto my PS3 as an emergency back up.

I never really used the auction house, so I won't miss it. Mind you, I never progressed beyond Nightmare on PC, so maybe I never needed it?

• Like! 1

I never really used the auction house, so I won't miss it. Mind you, I never progressed beyond Nightmare on PC, so maybe I never needed it?

The thing with the auction house was that the game was designed around it. Loot drops were so terrible and infrequent that everyone was kind of shoehorned in to buying better gear on the AH. Nowadays, it's a lot better with the patches that made the game more reasonable, but more than likely you can find an upgrade easier on the AH than for farming for it. Also with the Real Money AH, it made the game a Pay 2 Win game. You can just drop a couple bucks and buy amazing gear that totally outclasses what you have before. The console version getting rid of this is a great way to fix the loot game in D3 :)

Edited by Ryanrocker
  • Like! 1

So this idiotic interface is the real reason we can have only 4 players and no chat channels.

They were planning it all for this all along...

Didn't they add in chat channels around 1.0.6?

Maybe, I probably left way before that.

Maybe, I probably left way before that.

Yea, the problem Blizzard faced was that the game had so many problems in 1.0.0 that they lost a HUGE part of their audience. I honestly think that if the game had been released in the current 1.0.8 form, many more people would have stuck to the game for atleast a few weeks longer than they had :(

• Like! 1

I agree with this Ryan. The game now is SO community friendly, it's a joy to level up to sixty, and try everything out. However, that AH really messes stuff up, and you feel like you just have to go back to it if you want to get further.

:)

gogo