The RWBY thread...

I hope so, too. Four minute episodes with abrupt ends made much of first season feel jarring. As for this episode, from food fight to card games, I wish my school was that awesome back in the day. ;p Ozpin still remains one of my favs, always liked scenes involving him. Then we have the ending. They just had to show up. :P

Third episode of season 2, and it is safe to say twelve minute episodes will be the norm from now on. Penny, the android who showed up in the last two episodes of season one, returns. This time, she is given a real personality. :P And no shock and surprise, Weiss has some daddy issues.

• Like! 1

Third episode of season 2, and it is safe to say twelve minute episodes will be the norm from now on. Penny, the android who showed up in the last two episodes of season one, returns. This time, she is given a real personality. :P And no shock and surprise, Weiss has some daddy issues.

Very happy that they listened to the feedback from season one regarding the episode lengths. Feels quite a bit smoother and not as rushed, although spending the budget on that food fight in episode 1 was certainly questionable :P

• Like! 1

Episode 4 of the new season is the longest yet. Welp, not that there was much doubt, but the trailers, at least the black and yellow ones, do count given Yang's re-acquaintance with Junior. Also gotta love the teamwork with team RWBY, and Ruby's constant improvisation. Yang is indeed a super saiyan. :P Love Weiss' attempt at cracking a joke, even though Blake and Yang hated it. :P We finally get to see Neptune in action, as well as see a bit more of Son's abilities. And that giant robot looks cool.

Never mentioned it, but I am liking Torchwick more in this season than the last. Just the premier alone and the way he spoke to Cinder despite seemingly lacking any abilities of his own? Momentary intimidation before giving his piffed off 'I don't give a <bleep>' response. And now? When your response to losing your giant robot is over your clothes getting dirty? He got balls... having an umbrella wielding girl with powers also doesn't hurt either.

• Like! 1

Yeh. Ep 4 was a hoot.

Gotta wonder if Riker Junior actually like being grabbed by Yang and was hoping for a repeat performance. (He does look a LOT like Riker from ST:TNG)

Wouldn't classify Yang as a Super Sayan actually... Her power is more that of an Inquisitor from Sacred 2 - The more damage she takes, the more powerful her attacks get. Super Sayans tend to get more powerful after prolonged training - but once they get there, they're pretty much at maximum and it's all downhill from there until they run outta juice.

As for Torchwick.. He's still a douche - and a cocky one at that... It is nice to get a better sense of the guy now that we're learning more about the baddies in the show.

Actually, saiyans also become much stronger if they recover from a severe beating, particularly a near death one. So, while not like the Inquisitor or Yang's affinity, they still in some form get stronger through pain.

That said, note the lyrics of 'I Burn':

"Kick my ass? I'm world class and super saiyan now!" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 5 of season 2 is now out! YAY..

The episode is a bit of filler... Mostly features Pyrrah kicking butt on her classmates.. Which, of course, is what she does best. Seems there's a big dance planned for next week's episode.

Couple of thoughts. Blake is queen of melodrama. And WHAT THE <censored> DO YOU SEE IN JAUNE, PYRRHA!?!?!

Better question: What the heck does he see in Weiss? I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I find Pyrrah to be LOTS more interestingly drawn. She got some serious cleavage going on. Weiss strikes me as er.. underdeveloped... OK. I'll say it.. She's a pirate's dream.. A sunken chest. :4rofl: Gonna go out on a limb - he's fixated on her because she's so inaccessible.

Blake... There's a word for what she's doing.. OBSESSION...

And WHAT THE <censored> DO YOU SEE IN JAUNE, PYRRHA!?!

The aura. It's all in the aura ;)

Yeh.. But I think there's more. I think she actually LIKES him. Get the feeling that she's investing all that time and effort into him cause she's got long term plans for the guy.

In this latest episode... you know your love life sucks when Nora starts making sense, and your life sucks when Yang is the rational one. :P Not really a revelation, but still, Yang and Ruby, sisters from a different mother. :P

• Like! 1

In this latest episode... you know your love life sucks when Nora starts making sense, and your life sucks when Yang is the rational one. :P Not really a revelation, but still, Yang and Ruby, sisters from a different mother. :P

Poor Pyrrah... Feel sorry for the girl especially after overhearing Jaune pouring his heart out about Weiss.

But I can see the method in the madness.. The sooner she shoots him down, the sooner maybe he might get over her and she can pick him up on he rebound.. :4rofl:

And yes, quite scary actually when Nora is the one making sense..

Never quite thought of Yang as being irrational. Definitely someone who likes to fight... But crazy? Nah.

BTW.... No RWBY this NEXT week. Hopefully, there'll be one of those inside look episodes

Edited by wolfie2kX

Episode 7 is up and available for everyone!

It's called "Dance Dance Infiltration" - another spoof of that arcade game, Dance Dance Revolution...

Interesting developments. Amazingly Jaune does the right thing... Tho... Gotta worry about the boy.. Seems he's got some rather odd tastes in clothing...

Speaking of oddities.. Interesting how the music changes... It's supposed to be a formal dance - ballroom style - but at one point, the music shifts to 70s style disco but later on it's back to ballroom. Makes no sense. Except for the hilarity of what's going on during the disco scene..

Later on in the episode... Seems Monty's got himself a fondness for Voltron.. Ruby's got herself a weapon's delivery system that would make Lotor proud... And she's got an app for that!

• Like! 1

I know, Jaune for that moment grew a brain and ended up helping out three people. As for his new outfit, saw that coming a mile away. My bigger problem isn't the outfit, but rather the character model bothered me. The shading and the blockiness made me gripe more than the clothing he chose.

As for Ruby and her little delivery system, it's all the rage these days. Batman got one in the Arkham series, so it's gotta be good. ;p Also, I swear Cinder using weapons is her way of holding back. :P

• Like! 1

That and it's Cinder's way of disguising herself.. She IS, after all, undercover.Would NOT be good for her to use her full on powers as Ruby would have recognized her (remember, Ruby and Cinder already fought back in the 1st episode from Season 1.. It's what got her to Beacon early.

It also helped get Ruby set up for some trouble as she disappeared into the dark, leaving Ruby having to Splain herself..

• 2 weeks later...

Monty's been a busy boy this past week. Just posted on facebook - Monty's done up a series of alt disco routines. Instead of Jaune and company, he's got Cinder, Torchwick and the other two in one sequence followed by a few others - I'll let you all be surprised.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=656923741089168

LOL

LOL I dunno. It WAS different.. The bits with Riker Junior and his cronies was ok.. The last bit tho.. meh.. Wasn't that impressed.

TBH, tho, if Monty had THAT much free time on his hands to animate those, you'd think he could have done more series based content..

Hmmm Episode 8 is up... And Ruby didn't catch hell for blasting around in the computer room... In fact, she got high praise for her actions.

Gotta love their mail system though - Gives the term "If it fits, it ships" a whole new meaning. LOL.

Seems Weiss has a thing for dogs - but Blake, eh.. not so much.

Heh, never expected Ruby to get into much trouble if any, just because any so-called 'setup' against her would have been way too flimsy. Might get a slap on the wrist for going off on her own, but that's about it. Did not expect the general to praise her, though, especially given how he didn't put much hope on so-called 'kids' defending the world.

As for Zwei, gee, Cowboy Bebop reference anyone? :P Don't know which I liked better, the Ice Queen melting before his cuteness, or Blake trying to run from him like her life depended on it. >=3

The dog kinda reminded me more of the pup from Full Metal Alchemist (take your pick - the pooch is in both). Tho I do see your point - the dog does look like it could be some sort of Welsh Corgi... Thinking Blake is likely part feline - hence her distaste for things canine..

Onto today's all new episode.

Seems Ruby and company are a bit perturbed by their guide... Not exactly what they maybe had in mind... But as always, Monty slips in some good humor based on the word Tussle. "Like the mushroom? Those are Truffles Sprouts? No Those are Brussels." LOL

Great battle scenes..! Love how the professor let's the team take the monsters down while sitting in the background. Wonder why he didn't ask Ruby the question he asked everyone else..

• Like! 1

It's not just the fact Zwei is a Welsh Corgi that many associate him with Ein. The names also stick out (both sound like German numbers), and to some degree the companionship between a weird girl and her dog is what sealed it for me. If we discover him capable of hacking computers, though, then that's just blatant copying. :P

As for this episode, not too surprising, Oobleck is much more than he seems (though I did like Ruby's line of 'We're gonna save the world with Prof. Oobleck-it-sounds-worse-when-you-say-it-I'm-sorry.'). XD. Despite being high on caffeine, not only has he shown off his depth of knowledge, he's also showing a level of perception for his students. He was acting suspicious of the other members of the team when he questioned them, yet looked more confident around Ruby. If he were to never ask that question, it likely has to do with her innocence. Her child-like nature makes her the most honest of the four as we have even seen in the first episode when Ozpin posed that question. As far as he was concerned, her heart was in the right place. The other three, they weren't totally sure. They carried some kind of extra baggage and haven't been honest about their answers. Interesting dynamic thrown in there.

• Like! 1